Mar 28, 2024, 09:47 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

How to reduce lag on your game

Started by Tyvic, May 24, 2015, 12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyvic

May 24, 2015, 12:40 AM Last Edit: Jun 15, 2015, 10:42 PM by Tyvic
    So many people lag so much, and it causes them to lose events and affects their performance. So here's a solution to reduce lag to get you from 8fps to 60fps.

• Graphics to Fast
  • Render distance to 2 chunks
  • Clouds Off
  • vSync Off
    • Particles to Minimal
Someone fix the particles to minimal one it's not letting me xD.[/list]

Fire_Lord_Nero

You can also reduce your mipmap levels, Turn your Particles to minimal, Turn your smooth lighting off and turn vsync off. All those help reduce lag too.

Cireshie

You know, optifine is pretty helpful, too.

For me, it helps a little, but for others helps them a lot.

Green_Giant

You know, actually playing in a smaller window helps also. Also be sure you have enough RAM allocated (otherwise it will lead to crashes). Having alternate windows running can also cause a bit lag for you, so be sure to close other things if you're concerned about performance, this includes not playing for long periods of time and letting your computer cool down. There's actually loads of things you can do to help, but these are the best if you don't wanna reach into your pocket a little.

Towelie

Quote from: Green_Giant on May 24, 2015, 10:04 AMYou know, actually playing in a smaller window helps also. Also be sure you have enough RAM allocated (otherwise it will lead to crashes). Having alternate windows running can also cause a bit lag for you, so be sure to close other things if you're concerned about performance, this includes not playing for long periods of time and letting your computer cool down. There's actually loads of things you can do to help, but these are the best if you don't wanna reach into your pocket a little.
The lower the resolution, the less there is to process. So yes.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

omelott

May 25, 2015, 08:18 AM #5 Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:22 AM by omelott
Thank you for sharing this information Tyvic! This post could certainly help reduce the amount of complaints that are spamming the main chat. :)

Personally, I dislike playing with a low render distance. An alternative way to reduce lag could be turning down the brightness. This can also extend the time a laptop can run without needing a charger.

Tyvic

Personally, I like keeping my laptop charging always unless it's nighttime.

Also, would you like low render distance and lag, or vice versa?

Quote from a guide ^

ReaperOfDerper

Well, doesn't help me a lot, i get a medium 1000+ fps, but sometimes when i walk it keeps lagging me back. Any help? D:t

Cireshie

Quote from: ReaperOfDerper on Oct 15, 2015, 02:52 AMWell, doesn't help me a lot, i get a medium 1000+ fps, but sometimes when i walk it keeps lagging me back. Any help? D:t
As long as you are above 60 fps it shouldn't matter as our eyes can only see 60 frames per second.

Unless you can see the lag, then try decreasing the render distance and particles for higher frames. You can also try optifine, although, some don't receive much benefit from optifine (+1 or 2 fps).

ReaperOfDerper

32+ render distance and everything at max w/ optifine = 500-1250 fps
everything at low w/optifine = 2500+
When i move i lag back(often) and when i place a block it disappears(sometimes). Still doesn't work D:

SuperJK

What about Having Optifine I Have the Mod and It is Legal on this server ur allowed to have it

:diamond:   ;D   :goldenapple:   :diamondsword:   :diamondblock: Old fashioned Diamond Block Texture

/warp SteveCoMuseum

Towelie

Quote from: SuperJK on Oct 15, 2015, 05:42 AMWhat about Having Optifine I Have the Mod and It is Legal on this server ur allowed to have it

:diamond:   ;D   :goldenapple:   :diamondsword:   :diamondblock: Old fashioned Diamond Block Texture
that's the best option.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

SuperJK

Thx tow i have the mod because i do alot of redstone and tnt related stuff . :diamond:

/warp SteveCoMuseum

Green_Giant

Quote from: ReaperOfDerper on Oct 15, 2015, 04:04 AM32+ render distance and everything at max w/ optifine = 500-1250 fps
When i move i lag back(often) and when i place a block it disappears(sometimes). Still doesn't work D:

This isn't a frame rate issue at all. This is just normal internet/connection/server lag, not really sure what you could do unless you pinpoint weather it's your own connection or the servers.

SuperJK

Yea but optifine helps reduce alot of lag Green_Giant I have the mod and it IS completely safe and allowed on almost all servers

/warp SteveCoMuseum

SuperJK

Quote from: SuperJK on Oct 16, 2015, 04:43 AMYea but optifine helps reduce alot of lag Green_Giant I have the mod and it IS completely safe and allowed on almost all servers

/warp SteveCoMuseum

Chill2000

Quote from: SuperJK on Oct 16, 2015, 04:43 AMYea but optifine helps reduce alot of lag Green_Giant I have the mod and it IS completely safe and allowed on almost all servers
Optifine actually speeds up your frame rate however it cannot fix problems with connection which is what greengiant was talking about :)
Quote from: xavidram on Dec 22, 2013, 09:37 AMThe internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

irvo

Quote from: ReaperOfDerper on Oct 15, 2015, 04:04 AM32+ render distance and everything at max w/ optifine = 500-1250 fps

So if you have done a speed test on speedtest.net and you have above 5 download and 1upload this will work.(Decent internet)

http://puu.sh/lq9nT/00c9efbbaf.png

This tells your computer to stop keeping packets and send them to the server as soon as they are produced
(Simplified version)

Before TcpAckFrequency

Server: "Ok computer, I just sent a data packet over to you, got it?"
Your computer: …
Server: "Come on, answer me! I don't have all day! Stop wasting time!"
Server: "Ok, forget it, I've waited long enough, sending another one over! Got it?"
Your computer: "Yep, got that one, also got the one you sent before, thanks."
Server: "Well, why didn't you acknowledge the first one when I sent it? I was waiting ages!"
Your computer: "Sorry, I'm just trying to make the network more efficient by bundling the acknowledgements together in pairs. This is how I'm setup by default."  (Copy pasta)

After TcpAckFrequency

Server: "Ok computer, I just sent a data packet over, got it?"
Your computer: "Yep, send the next!"
Server: "That was fast! Ok, here's another, got that?"
Server: "Wow! What an improvement! Now that's more like it!"
Your computer: "Yep, it's certainly keeping me on my toes, thanks!"

Nothing bad can happen, YOU NEED TO RESTART AFTER MAKING THESE FILES BTW AND MAKE SURE YOU SPELT THEM CORRECTLY.

ReaperOfDerper

Quote from: irvo on Nov 18, 2015, 06:08 PM

So if you have done a speed test on speedtest.net and you have above 5 download and 1upload this will work.(Decent internet)

http://puu.sh/lq9nT/00c9efbbaf.png

This tells your computer to stop keeping packets and send them to the server as soon as they are produced
(Simplified version)

Before TcpAckFrequency

Server: "Ok computer, I just sent a data packet over to you, got it?"
Server: "Come on, answer me! I don't have all day! Stop wasting time!"
Server: "Ok, forget it, I've waited long enough, sending another one over! Got it?"
Your computer: "Yep, got that one, also got the one you sent before, thanks."
Server: "Well, why didn't you acknowledge the first one when I sent it? I was waiting ages!"
Your computer: "Sorry, I'm just trying to make the network more efficient by bundling the acknowledgements together in pairs. This is how I'm setup by default."  (Copy pasta)

After TcpAckFrequency

Server: "Ok computer, I just sent a data packet over, got it?"
Server: "That was fast! Ok, here's another, got that?"
Server: "Wow! What an improvement! Now that's more like it!"
Your computer: "Yep, it's certainly keeping me on my toes, thanks!"

Nothing bad can happen, YOU NEED TO RESTART AFTER MAKING THESE FILES BTW AND MAKE SURE YOU SPELT THEM CORRECTLY.
pls make a video of doing that i can't understand :c

SuperJK

Quote from: Chill2000 on Nov 18, 2015, 03:11 PM
Optifine actually speeds up your frame rate however it cannot fix problems with connection which is what greengiant was talking about :)
ik

/warp SteveCoMuseum