News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

[Survival] Prestige (Coming Soon)

Started by Towelie, May 25, 2015, 04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

May 25, 2015, 04:51 PM Last Edit: Jun 13, 2015, 05:25 PM by Towelie
The idea
The idea is to give players a goal to play and still enjoy themselves, even after maxing out all their stats, and becoming rich.
I've picked up this idea from the popular 'Call of Duty' game series. It's a feature named 'Prestige' which allows players to reset their ranks, and instead gain a 'Prestige' badge. This badge doesn't award the player anything other than the so-called 'bragging rights'

How it's going to happen on Survival
- When a player maxes out all their SFTMMO stats, they will ask an Admin to Prestige
- The admin will first reset their SFTMMO skills via a SFTMMO command (/prestige <playername))
- The admin will take the cost of prestige (not yet determined, working idea is 1 million per prestige level, after the first prestige which will be free). So for example, to level up from prestige 30 to prestige 31, they will pay 30 million EmpBucks and all their SFTMMO skills reset. To level up from prestige 1 to prestige 2, they will pay 1 mil. empBucks
- The admin then modifies their prefix so that it shows the number of prestiges. Example -> [1][Owner]TowelieDOH for a player with Prestige 1 (0 will not be shown as a number)
- The player will then start over, and so on.

Detailed Prestige Pricing:
Prestige 1 (0 -> 1) -> FREE
Prestige 2 (1 -> 2) -> 1 mil EmpBucks
Prestige 3 (2 -> 3) -> 2 mil EmpBucks
Prestige 4 (3 -> 4) -> 3 mil EmpBucks
Prestige 99 (98 -> 99) -> 98 mil EmpBucks

New pricing explanation here https://www.superfuntime.org/forum/index.php/topic,109637.new.html#new

Apart from this, as a requirement, to prestige, you will have to have all SFTMMO skills maxed out.

PS: We are aware that after a certain amount of prestiges, it becomes very very expensive. This is intended, as we don't want everyone just jumping to Prestige 99, right away. We want this to be an indicator of awesomeness xD that is hard to achieve.

PS: We're almost ready to release the Prestige system. So probably up to 3 more days until it's enabled.

NEW! Prestige Commands:
MColesy added some featuers into SFTMMO to be able to view Prestige levels of players
Command -> /getprestige <player>

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Cireshie

Do you think we should disable sft bottling for now as it might make players get to prestiges faster?

Towelie

Quote from: Cireshie on May 25, 2015, 05:02 PMDo you think we should disable sft bottling for now as it might make players get to prestiges faster?
How ?

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Ultimatum599

People will want to keep their levels now instead of bottle them because they will want to prestige themselves, also it will make bottling xp worth a lot more because people will want to buy levels from people.

Lou671998

People will want to bottle levels now to drink when the update comes out. This is hardly a problem, since you won't be able to bottle more than 100 levels boost into prestige 1 in 3 days, it's just impractical.
I used to be lou, I have ascended.

Cireshie

Quote from: Towelie on May 25, 2015, 06:01 PM
Quote from: Cireshie on May 25, 2015, 05:02 PMDo you think we should disable sft bottling for now as it might make players get to prestiges faster?
How ?
3 people for example might work together as a team to get one person highest prestige. One person keeps their levels while the 2 others bottle theirs. Enchanting by itself for one person takes forever to get to lvl 200. But imagine 3 people doing it for one person.

Towelie

Quote from: Cireshie on May 25, 2015, 06:41 PM
Quote from: Towelie on May 25, 2015, 06:01 PM
How ?
3 people for example might work together as a team to get one person highest prestige. One person keeps their levels while the 2 others bottle theirs. Enchanting by itself for one person takes forever to get to lvl 200. But imagine 3 people doing it for one person.
There's also the financial aspect. So say they get to prestige 30, they would have spent 465 mil empbucks (if my math is not failing me).

Brightpkz

I don't even think it's financially possible for one to even reach the 99th level... It would require exactly 4851000000 amount of EMP bucks to be lvl 99 xd

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

ColesyM

I think level ^ 0.5 is more viable, rounded to the nearest 100K.

Towelie

Quote from: Brightpkz on May 26, 2015, 04:22 AMI don't even think it's financially possible for one to even reach the 99th level... It would require exactly 4851000000 amount of EMP bucks to be lvl 99 xd

This isn't something that is meant to be possible to get to the max. It's not like a level.
Otherwise, everyone would just instantly be prestige 99 and where's the fun in that?

BluetigerESW

I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree

TRITIUMNITR0X

So, this is like the Prison Prestige concept, minus the complaining. I see no harm in it since you're giving people incentive to play more. Nice job.
It takes about 15 minutes for an Italian to reach sexual maturity.

Towelie

Quote from: TRITIUMNITR0X on May 27, 2015, 02:44 AMSo, this is like the Prison Prestige concept, minus the complaining. I see no harm in it since you're giving people incentive to play more. Nice job.
Thank you very much.

maximun8

Cr1_98

Quote from: maximun8 on May 27, 2015, 12:46 PMdo we lose our stuff?
No only your skills reset and you only pay the emp cost for that prestige level (free for the first one 0-1). You'll keep all your tools and items you have around :)