Tekkit classic for 1.7.10?

Started by Dpa1991, Jul 05, 2015, 10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

Jul 05, 2015, 10:49 PM Last Edit: Jul 05, 2015, 10:58 PM by Dpa1991
Whats this?

I got bored and decided to try and make a clone of Tekkit classic but for 1.7.10, you guys think I should continue and develop a server for it?

How to play RetroTek:

• Download the Launcher here: Click Here
  • login to the launcher with your Mojang/Minecraft account
  • Visit our modpack page here Click Here
  • Click Here and copy the pack API
  • Open up your launcher and past the pack API Here

darknuju

I vote yes this looks great maybe make a poll? I would certainly play.

Cireshie

See? Even the "fun wands" in the premium shop are able to clone modpacks. Not just heads/players.

Anyway, can't wait to try it out.

camster65

I can get my once and almighty tekkit back?!?! Yes please I miss it

Scotmid

ryan_m004

Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

TheMop123

I guess it's time to get addicted to tekkit again...

AlvaresMC

GRIMI_

AlvaresMC

It is missing a lot of mods, and the nei is not able to look up items if you type in the mod name. And the mod that shows the name of the blocks you are pointing at is nice as well. Are there more mods getting added to this?

darknuju

Quote from: Alvaress on Jul 06, 2015, 10:50 AMIt is missing a lot of mods, and the nei is not able to look up items if you type in the mod name. And the mod that shows the name of the blocks you are pointing at is nice as well. Are there more mods getting added to this?

I have not been able to try out the pack yet but I am sure it will not be exactly like the original Tekkit because I think certain mod authors didn't update their mods maybe make a list so that dpa can try to add them again?

Lucazade13

YES YES YES YES YES.  #SFTTekkit

I will try it out later  :P

If we make this a server again would we use the old map.  As it wasn't to cluttered

Survival Elite
Just your average energy drink

darknuju

Quote from: Lucazade13 on Jul 06, 2015, 11:24 AMYES YES YES YES YES.  #SFTTekkit

I will try it out later  :P

If we make this a server again would we use the old map.  As it wasn't to cluttered

No this is not the same modpack this modpack was made by trying to add the updated versions of as many mods as possible from the original tekkit many of the blocks and items from that would would be outdated in this new modpack and would not work this will be a new world

Towelie

Glad to see you guys are so excited !
Dpa will be happy when he sees all these posts

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

tobminer

Lansdiinio

Tombo_

I'll be hopping on asap ;)

Quick question: Could we possibly see Gollum return?

Lucazade13

I was talking to him the other day :P

I will ask him to look at this post :p

Survival Elite
Just your average energy drink

ironman3000

Chops96

zomcri

Dpa1991

I won't be able to replicate the original tekkit 100% as not everything is updated, and a lot of the mods changed in their updates.

For example EE2? Didn't update, so I had to use a substitution mod called Project E. Same with redpower, but it'll be a similar experience.

I can also add mods -- like WAILA, chisel and maybe carpenter blocks?

diggydogck

I would start playing SFT again if Tekkit Classic came back. I was very excited when I saw the post!

camster65

Quote from: diggydogck on Jul 06, 2015, 08:15 PMI would start playing SFT again if Tekkit Classic came back. I was very excited when I saw the post!
#bringbackdiggy2k15

diggydogck

I like the pack so far, it's just that it has started to say this on singleplayer.