Mar 29, 2024, 03:21 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Survival] Design an Event Contest

Started by Sparkle_Sun, Jul 06, 2015, 02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which event do you think is the best?

Run from the Beast
8 (40%)
Minecart Roulette
5 (25%)
Blockparty
7 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: Jul 12, 2015, 06:54 AM

Cesspitsid

In-game username(s): Cesspitsid_

Event name: Chicken Luck

Warp to your event: /warp chickenluck

Event description: you stand on the coloured wool, you're given chicken eggs, the host calls each of the player's names out in turn, when he calls your name out, you throw the egg at the center block in the middle of the arena, if it spawns a chicken, you're out, if it doesn't you can go another round.

Event rules: Don't spam throw the eggs! I don't think it's possible to cheat on this game.

Notes for the host: if mobcatching is still a thing, when a chicken spawns, it'll be a good idea to kill it before the next throw.

extra info: not sure if this idea has already been done, I made this ages ago and even though it is built slightly into the ground, it can easily be completely raised above the surface

American_Walrus

Quote from: feelmytaco on Jul 06, 2015, 10:51 PMcan the game be deadly c: because i want *POW POW* and and *BOOM BOOM* and and *HHAAAAA YAW!!* or action either way

Wow Nich. Just wow. And yes, it can have action. (PVP and such)

Sparkle_Sun

Quote from: Tyvic on Jul 07, 2015, 02:22 AMIn-game username(s):Tyvic
Event name:BlockParty
Warp to your event:/warp BlockParty
Event description:You will be on a platform of blocks. The host will tell you to go to a specific block type. Pick the wrong block or of you're too slow, you lose!
Event rules:No flying, no compass, and no potions.
Notes for the host:Give 2 seconds for each round. Spectators must go to the main lobby and take the elevator to the spectating platform.

Warp is /warp Event1 in the arena.

Sparkle_Sun

Quote from: Paul_Weebird on Jul 07, 2015, 09:45 AMIn-game username:paul_weebird
Event name:Cactus obstacle
Warp to your event:/warp cactus obstic
Event description: Made by paul_weebird. Good luck
Event rules:No /fly no /j no /thru no enderpearl no /rtd no potions no pvp
Notes for the host: when you reach the glowstone you win

I might not come because my computer is broke

I cannot find the warp, could you reply and verify the correct name for the warp?

devolutionlater

Can we build our events in the creative server of superfuntime? Or does it need to be in the survival server?

cravend

In-game username: crayvendee
Event name: Tunnels
Warp to your event: /warp Tunnels (Must have the cap)
Event description: Do you like mazes? Check this game out! You start in front of a 16x16x16 cube of dirt with two floors. Somerewhere inside, there's a [Lift] sign from floor one to floor two and from floor two to the roof. Your goal is to get to the roof before anyone else! Dig the dirt to explore and win!
Event rules: Pvp is not allowed; placing dirt behind you is allowed; /top is not allowed.
Notes for the host: It's highly recommended that you move the [Lift] signs after each game so players don't memorize the locations.

Notice to Sparkle_Sun (or who moves it): I didn't have the materials needed to build this. Please change the cobble to bedrock and the pink stained clay to quartz. Thanks!

Another notice to who moves it: There is redstone for the gates that goes two blocks (plus one that it's resting on) below the game. I dug a trench in front of the event, but I couldn't clear everything away.
Thanks to Mewiebowie for the spectacular avatar!

The_Living_Human

I was going to enter Shrek Spleef, but I don't think that I am going to.
Amen

BritanniaRules

Does my event that I've already started to make (remember the bedrock one) get included?

Sparkle_Sun

Quote from: devolutionlater on Jul 07, 2015, 11:53 PMCan we build our events in the creative server of superfuntime? Or does it need to be in the survival server?

It has to be on the Survival server.

Quote from: the_living_human on Jul 08, 2015, 02:54 AMI was going to enter Shrek Spleef, but I don't think that I am going to.

I think you should! It looked really great, the only problem was that spleefing part of it wasn't different. If you added something unique to the actual gameplay, it would be eligible.
Quote from: BritanniaRules on Jul 08, 2015, 03:39 AMDoes my event that I've already started to make (remember the bedrock one) get included?

It can be any event you've created, regardless of when you made it.

Tyvic

Don't think I could make this, as I am sleeping at the time. (Past midnight)

American_Walrus

In-game username(s): American_Walrus
Event name:Run from the Beast, or RftB
Warp to your event: /warp RftB
Event description: This is a PVP event in which the event host selects 1-3 "beasts" (Players with good armor and swords) and the rest of the players hide and run from the beast(s). There are in-game ways to die without the "beasts", and many obstacles to slow you down. This takes place in an abandoned hotel with many hiding spots. Eventhosts can be beasts as well, but cannot fly. There are secret warp signs that warp you around the hotel as well.  The Eventhost counts to 40 to give players time to hide.
Event rules: -No flying, /j, /top, only running and hiding
-Dont fight back, only run
-No betraying other players
-Watch out for pressure plates, some of them are deadly
-Signs can be misleading
-Have TONS of fun
Notes for the host: - This event can give all players the ability to be beast, and  is fun for all players
-This event isn't run by the books, meaning that it can lay out in different ways. Its not the same thing over and over again.
-This can be as much fun for the host as it is the players!
-Watch out for cheaters
-The good armor and swords are in the main entrance

AidenTDM

Can I be JMod or member or op or a administration

Sparkle_Sun

Quote from: Tyvic on Jul 08, 2015, 02:59 PMDon't think I could make this, as I am sleeping at the time. (Past midnight)

The countdown is the deadline to register your event, not when they will be hosted. That time is yet to be determined.

Quote from: AidenTDM on Jul 08, 2015, 03:18 PMCan I be JMod or member or op or a administration

You cannot ask to become staff, you earn it. On the Survival server, the guidelines are: at least around 150 hours of uptime, no major or recent bans, and good weekly uptime. It also helps if you are friendly, polite, and helpful.

Ultratomas

Just wondering, if i dont win do i lose my event :( ? Or do you move it back to where it was?

Sparkle_Sun

Quote from: Ultratomas on Jul 08, 2015, 08:38 PMJust wondering, if i dont win do i lose my event :( ? Or do you move it back to where it was?

I've decided to just copy the events instead of completely move them, so I will put an exact copy in the arena and leave your build where it was.

Sparkle_Sun

Quote from: Cesspitsid on Jul 07, 2015, 01:47 PMIn-game username(s): Cesspitsid_

Event name: Chicken Luck

Warp to your event: /warp chickenluck

Event description: you stand on the coloured wool, you're given chicken eggs, the host calls each of the player's names out in turn, when he calls your name out, you throw the egg at the center block in the middle of the arena, if it spawns a chicken, you're out, if it doesn't you can go another round.

Event rules: Don't spam throw the eggs! I don't think it's possible to cheat on this game.

Notes for the host: if mobcatching is still a thing, when a chicken spawns, it'll be a good idea to kill it before the next throw.

extra info: not sure if this idea has already been done, I made this ages ago and even though it is built slightly into the ground, it can easily be completely raised above the surface

Warp is /warp Event4 in arena.

nyllekFTW

In-game username(s): Kytheon (Might change back to KellynH)
Event name: Tripwire
Warp to your event: /warp tripwire
Event description: It's like a maze, without the maze. Kinda. there is a roughly 45x45 grid of pressure plates, and one path from start to finish. The path contains plates that are not connected to anything, but the wrong plates are connected to mywarp signs that teleport you back to the start.
Event rules: No fly, no form of teleportation, no teaming, no fly, no compass, no form of jump boost, no potions, no form of pushing players. (Pvp, eggs, snowballs, etc)
Notes for the host: The gate for it works EMP style. Whoever is on tomorrow hosting it, I will tell the warp to get into the door room. otherwise, keep an eye out for cheaters.

Sparkle_Sun

Quote from: cravend on Jul 08, 2015, 02:37 AMIn-game username: crayvendee
Event name: Tunnels
Warp to your event: /warp Tunnels (Must have the cap)
Event description: Do you like mazes? Check this game out! You start in front of a 16x16x16 cube of dirt with two floors. Somerewhere inside, there's a [Lift] sign from floor one to floor two and from floor two to the roof. Your goal is to get to the roof before anyone else! Dig the dirt to explore and win!
Event rules: Pvp is not allowed; placing dirt behind you is allowed; /top is not allowed.
Notes for the host: It's highly recommended that you move the [Lift] signs after each game so players don't memorize the locations.

Notice to Sparkle_Sun (or who moves it): I didn't have the materials needed to build this. Please change the cobble to bedrock and the pink stained clay to quartz. Thanks!

Another notice to who moves it: There is redstone for the gates that goes two blocks (plus one that it's resting on) below the game. I dug a trench in front of the event, but I couldn't clear everything away.

Warp is /warp Event5 in arena.

devolutionlater

In Game Username: "devolutionlater" (With help from "devolutionnow", following the rule that allows the assistance of one other player)
Event Name:Colour Dash
Warp To Your Event:/warp devcolourdash
Event Description: There is a 1 block wide platform made of colour blocks. The host will pull a lever to light a lamp that signifies what colour the players need to stand on. Within a couple of seconds the host will pull a main lever that makes all the other colours except the one that was signified by the Host retract with pistons. Any player that doesn't make it to the signified colour before the Host pulls the main lever is out of the game! With a pull of the main lever again all the blocks will return and the Host can continue picking whichever colour he/she desires.
Event Rules: No flying, No compass, No potions, No items that make players run faster/jump higher, No enderpearls.
Notes for the Host: First the host must choose a colour. Then flick the lever of the desired colour. Host must allow a couple of seconds to allow players to see the lamp and try to run to the correct colour. To make all the colours except the chosen one retract the Host must pull a main lever. Once all the players who didn't make it fall, the main lever must be pulled to return all the blocks, then turn off the lever of the colour they chose. IMPORTANT: Levers must be pulled in this order otherwise the players who are standing on the chosen colour will fall and there will be no players left!

Tyvic

^ Pretty much exactly the same as my event xd

Quote from: Tyvic on Jul 07, 2015, 02:22 AMIn-game username(s):Tyvic
Event name:BlockParty
Warp to your event:/warp BlockParty
Event description:You will be on a platform of blocks. The host will tell you to go to a specific block type. You must go to the specified block. Pick the wrong block or of you're too slow, you lose!
Event rules:No flying, no compass, no ender pearls, and no potions.
Notes for the host:Give 2 seconds for each round. Ex. Say "Cobble" and pull the lever 2 seconds after you say it.

Software2_

I would love to submit my idea. But it will take weeks to finish the build ;---;
Are insults still insults if I agree with the statement(s)?

Sparkle_Sun

Quote from: devolutionlater on Jul 08, 2015, 10:39 PMIn Game Username: "devolutionlater" (With help from "devolutionnow", following the rule that allows the assistance of one other player)
Event Name:Colour Dash
Warp To Your Event:/warp devcolourdash
Event Description: There is a 1 block wide platform made of colour blocks. The host will pull a lever to light a lamp that signifies what colour the players need to stand on. Within a couple of seconds the host will pull a main lever that makes all the other colours except the one that was signified by the Host retract with pistons. Any player that doesn't make it to the signified colour before the Host pulls the main lever is out of the game! With a pull of the main lever again all the blocks will return and the Host can continue picking whichever colour he/she desires.
Event Rules: No flying, No compass, No potions, No items that make players run faster/jump higher, No enderpearls.
Notes for the Host: First the host must choose a colour. Then flick the lever of the desired colour. Host must allow a couple of seconds to allow players to see the lamp and try to run to the correct colour. To make all the colours except the chosen one retract the Host must pull a main lever. Once all the players who didn't make it fall, the main lever must be pulled to return all the blocks, then turn off the lever of the colour they chose. IMPORTANT: Levers must be pulled in this order otherwise the players who are standing on the chosen colour will fall and there will be no players left!

I'm really sorry, but I discussed your entry and it is just too similar to that of Tyvic's. You can still enter another event if you wish, but this one will not be eligible. Very sorry. :(

Sparkle_Sun

Quote from: American_Walrus on Jul 08, 2015, 03:03 PMIn-game username(s): American_Walrus
Event name:Run from the Beast, or RftB
Warp to your event: /warp RftB
Event description: This is a PVP event in which the event host selects 1-3 "beasts" (Players with good armor and swords) and the rest of the players hide and run from the beast(s). There are in-game ways to die without the "beasts", and many obstacles to slow you down. This takes place in an abandoned hotel with many hiding spots. Eventhosts can be beasts as well, but cannot fly. There are secret warp signs that warp you around the hotel as well.  The Eventhost counts to 40 to give players time to hide.
Event rules: -No flying, /j, /top, only running and hiding
-Dont fight back, only run
-No betraying other players
-Watch out for pressure plates, some of them are deadly
-Signs can be misleading
-Have TONS of fun
Notes for the host: - This event can give all players the ability to be beast, and  is fun for all players
-This event isn't run by the books, meaning that it can lay out in different ways. Its not the same thing over and over again.
-This can be as much fun for the host as it is the players!
-Watch out for cheaters
-The good armor and swords are in the main entrance

Warp is /warp Event6 in arena.

Sparkle_Sun

Quote from: KellynH on Jul 08, 2015, 09:52 PMIn-game username(s): Kytheon (Might change back to KellynH)
Event name: Tripwire
Warp to your event: /warp tripwire
Event description: It's like a maze, without the maze. Kinda. there is a roughly 45x45 grid of pressure plates, and one path from start to finish. The path contains plates that are not connected to anything, but the wrong plates are connected to mywarp signs that teleport you back to the start.
Event rules: No fly, no form of teleportation, no teaming, no fly, no compass, no form of jump boost, no potions, no form of pushing players. (Pvp, eggs, snowballs, etc)
Notes for the host: The gate for it works EMP style. Whoever is on tomorrow hosting it, I will tell the warp to get into the door room. otherwise, keep an eye out for cheaters.

Warp is /warp Event7 for arena.

Ultratomas

In-game username(s): Ultratomas, timstag
Event name: ParkourFight
Warp to your event: /warp ParkourFight
Event description: The players are split into 2 teams using the 2 gates, after they use the warp sign they continue forwards and a dispencer will put a coloured helmet on they're head (everyone MYST return theyre helmet after the event) so the red team and blue team can tell who is who. After the event host sees that everyone is wearing a helmet he opens the 2 side gates by the lever on top if the roof of the cube, each team charges at each other and fights while doing parkour, the team which manages to kill all of the enemy team or hit them down into the water, the prize is given only to the people of the team which is still standing and even if someones team wins but they have died or fallen into the water they do not recieve a prize to make things fair for those who stayed on the blocks and did not die.
Event rules: You are NOT allowed to use god, fly, compass, weapons, armour (fight with hands), or any potion, you MUST have pvp on and i recommend you have empty inventory as it is not our fault if you dir and lose items.
Notes for the host: Before you open the gates for the teams to fight  make sure that all participants have a helmet, and open 1 of the sorting gates first and let half of the people in to it so they join the red or blue team and then close it to prevent others entering after the event starts, then do the same with the other sorting gate ( I have put a sign on the sorting gates so you know what im talking about) and if you see someone refusing to join the team you tell him then go inside the gate and tp him to you (you can do that right?). Watch for people which hit their teammates and for players that might switch helmet.