Mar 28, 2024, 02:19 PM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[Survival] A/The new world

Started by fearthe1337, Jul 21, 2015, 07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eternal_Jamie

Ah hadn't noticed it there, I'mma build where my home is then :D

smallfry5545

Jul 21, 2015, 12:59 PM #26 Last Edit: Jul 21, 2015, 09:15 PM by smallfry5545
Galapagos island?
Any of the other suggestions are good too :)

Cr1_98

Looks brill, nice work fear :)

MasterX70

Is it just me or is there not much of a solid snow filled biome?
Not complaining or anything, just can't tell if my eyes are playing tricks on me. ._.

fearthe1337

Quote from: Green_Giant on Jul 21, 2015, 10:27 AMYou might be able to fit Japan's 4 islands here:

Hmm will look into that.

Quote from: Green_Giant on Jul 21, 2015, 12:08 PMSome other suggestions:

- Remove the mesa on the east coast. It's very large, and players don't often like to build in mesa. Will allow for more build-able land.
- A couple of those mountain biomes could go too, people often players just wanna build on the flattest land possible (just taking out 2~3 of the smaller mountain biomes and replacing with grasslands).
- A few less swamps. Players don't really build in these because of the dark water/grass.

Also, are there any Savannah biomes on this map?

Mesa biomes are mined out a lot, Hence I wanted more then one. The reason that there are that many is because I primarely replaced swamps with mesa.

There are currently only 2 swamp biomes, I think we don't need less. (Adding australia gave a third one though).

About the mountains, blame @Towelie.

Quote from: Cub_The_Girl on Jul 21, 2015, 12:45 PMDo Ireland  ;D
It's next to england already?
This signature is for testing purposes.
All rights to this signature are reserved.

fearthe1337

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Jul 21, 2015, 12:34 PMNot sure of the scale of if so depending how large that area is:

Australia
British Isles
Insonesia
Pacific Islands (Hawaii etc.)
Australia was already suggested, British isles are already in there and were suggested.
Leaving indonesia and the Pacific islands.

Quote from: smallfry5545 on Jul 21, 2015, 12:59 PMGalapagos island?
Any other the other suggestions are good too :)
Seems to be a fair bit of water between them, I'm not sure if I can use them at this point.

At this point need to look into:
- Pacific islands
- Galapagos islands
- Indonesia
- Japan

xQuicScopex

can you make the islands closer together then? i like the galapagos islands been there on vacation before and loved it plus itd be nice to live on an island

fearthe1337

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Jul 21, 2015, 03:09 PMcan you make the islands closer together then? i like the galapagos islands been there on vacation before and loved it plus itd be nice to live on an island

Thing is, would people still recognize the shape. At the moment I am thinking the following:

Indonesia:
    Shares atleast 3 islands with another country, so can not be put in there separately.
    Also the shape and a lot of smaller islands will make it a lot of work to add it.

Japan:
    I see no issue adding the main 4 islands. I will not add the other smaller islands.
    In contrast to Indonesia these are a nice line and are nicely attached too each other (Not a lot of ocean between them)
    and due to only being 4 islands its not too much work.

Galapagos:
    Hmm a fair bit of islands, If I add them I might need to reduce the distance between them or
    exclude the islands further away from the others
    (Pinta / Marchena / Genovesa (Even though it loooks like a whale)
        San Cristobal / Espanola / Floreana / Santa Fe)

Hawaii:
    Might not add the smallest islands.

Green_Giant

I was thinking, you could fill this gap with Iceland maybe (next to Great Britain in the Hudson Bay).

Green_Giant

Also, I was thinking. Maybe when our current world 1 resets, we could do the same but for Europe?

Chops96

The Hawaiian islands, Guam, and other smaller pacific islands would be cool for the bottom left. Then for the bottom right, maybe Madagascar? It's a giant island and will certainly get rid of a lot of the water!

fearthe1337

Jul 21, 2015, 04:14 PM #37 Last Edit: Jul 21, 2015, 04:17 PM by fearthe1337
Hmm looking into possibilities at the moment, but adding australia on the bottom left and Japan on the bottom right kind of filled up all the space. (Towelie wants the map no larger then a certain radius.)

Quote from: Green_Giant on Jul 21, 2015, 03:26 PMI was thinking, you could fill this gap with Iceland maybe (next to Great Britain in the Hudson Bay).

Hmm Issue at this point is I don't want to place too much there as it might make america harder to recognize.

Quote from: xx_chips_xx on Jul 21, 2015, 04:12 PMThe Hawaiian islands, Guam, and other smaller pacific islands would be cool for the bottom left. Then for the bottom right, maybe Madagascar? It's a giant island and will certainly get rid of a lot of the water!
Madagascar is in the bay of mexico already ;)

darknuju

If Australia is too big you could always go for New Zealand?

Software2_

Did you just put Madagascar in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico? and also, i think its fine.
Are insults still insults if I agree with the statement(s)?

iLaxrv10

Madagascar is one of my favorite islands, maybe add that? c:
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Dpa1991

But it doesn't snow in Florida D;

fearthe1337

Quote from: darknuju on Jul 21, 2015, 04:18 PMIf Australia is too big you could always go for New Zealand?
Australia is already in the map now.

Quote from: iLaxrv10 on Jul 21, 2015, 04:45 PMMadagascar is one of my favorite islands, maybe add that? c:
Read up, has been said its already there multiple times xd

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jul 21, 2015, 06:33 PMBut it doesn't snow in Florida D;
*Mumbles something about the coming ice age*

Darren64_NY

Dude, I'll live in my home town in New York haha.

iLaxrv10

Quote from: Darren64_MC on Jul 21, 2015, 08:42 PMDude, I'll live in my home town in New York haha.

Yo same! XD
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Darren64_NY

Quote from: iLaxrv10 on Jul 21, 2015, 08:43 PM
Quote from: Darren64_MC on Jul 21, 2015, 08:42 PMDude, I'll live in my home town in New York haha.

Yo same! XD

Totes dude, tho not really my hometown, I live in Minnesota, but I'm from New York where I lived for 13 years lol ;)

smallfry5545

Jul 21, 2015, 09:19 PM #46 Last Edit: Jul 21, 2015, 09:26 PM by smallfry5545
Thing is, would people still recognize the shape. At the moment I am thinking the following:

Quote from: fearthe1337 on Jul 21, 2015, 03:19 PMGalapagos:
    Hmm a fair bit of islands, If I add them I might need to reduce the distance between them or
    exclude the islands further away from the others
    (Pinta / Marchena / Genovesa (Even though it loooks like a whale)
        San Cristobal / Espanola / Floreana / Santa Fe)

I think itd be fine if you reduce the gap, I mean it should still look like the islands just a bit smaller in area :P
But it'd be fine also if you removed the smaller islands that are father away..
I don't know aha just a suggestion :) Cause like xQuicScopex  said... it'd be nice to live on an island :)

fearthe1337

Generating a new map right now. I also added some non natural islands.
I'll post a picture in like 10 hours.

Dday694

balistic_skills

This idea is really awesome! It would be so cool to just build on an island you've visited before.