Mar 28, 2024, 11:42 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

[Survival] A/The new world

Started by fearthe1337, Jul 21, 2015, 07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ParisGrace

If Tows going to be giving free islands, I dibs on Cuba and/or One of the  Hawaii Islands! 😃

Green_Giant

Quote from: ParisGrace on Jul 23, 2015, 02:29 PMIf Tows going to be giving free islands, I dibs on Cuba and/or One of the  Hawaii Islands! 😃
Cuba massive, i'd imagine it'd shared with multiple players.

ParisGrace

Fine then me Talon_Flame, skycatcher2462 claim CUBA xD

ParisGrace

Or i dibs  Hawaii :P 😋

TRITIUMNITR0X

Fear, you're so silly. You forgot Long Island, NY. It's a barrier island with a population of 2.85 million residents ;) and it's where I live.
It takes about 15 minutes for an Italian to reach sexual maturity.

BritanniaRules

I think New Zealand could be an awesome island (or technically 2 main islands). The diversity between the 2 main island of New Zealand could make a great addition to SFT.
From the stunning mountainous south island to the epically beautiful beaches of the upper north island to (and not forgetting) the adorable rolling hills of Hobberton in the central north island.
Plus, to be completely bias, I already have Auckland SkyTower built @ /warp aucklandskytower :)

clard

I really doubt that these islands will be given away for free, so dibs won't really help. I mean, if they are or dibs do help, then I call Moloka'i and A hamster!

BioPh33r

Jul 24, 2015, 04:15 PM #82 Last Edit: Jul 24, 2015, 04:20 PM by BioPh33r
Make Florida realistic with swamplands and especially the Everglades

Also Florida hardly see's snow and we have little to no mountains but we do have craters due to Sink holes and lots of trees

fearthe1337

Jul 24, 2015, 06:22 PM #83 Last Edit: Jul 24, 2015, 06:38 PM by fearthe1337
Quote from: TRITIUMNITR0X on Jul 23, 2015, 06:32 PMFear, you're so silly. You forgot Long Island, NY. It's a barrier island with a population of 2.85 million residents ;) and it's where I live.

Guess it got deleted due to colors similar to ocean or size or it wasn't on the map I used.

Edit: Checked, due to @Towelie complaining about landsize, I increased the land by 10 pixels everywhere. Because the gap of ocean between the main land and Long Island, it got fused together as one.
Here's a link to a picture showing the map as it was designed with a map overlayed.

Quote from: clard on Jul 23, 2015, 08:15 PMI really doubt that these islands will be given away for free, so dibs won't really help. I mean, if they are or dibs do help, then I call Moloka'i and A hamster!
Pretty sure I made a post up there already stating that the hamsters will not be free. That is guaranteed.

Wonder if anyone knows what these 3 islands are though :)

Note: Compressed using webp, I know chrome supports this. Other browsers may or may not.
Note2: Click for full HD.
This signature is for testing purposes.
All rights to this signature are reserved.

funkymonkey245

Totally gonna make the monkey into a town so ya'll can buy a plot of land :>
Today may seem cloudy and tomorrow not much better but you just gotta remember only you can clear the weather so whenever you're feeling down just keep your head up to the sun because at the end of the day there's always better days to come...

fearthe1337

Quote from: BioPh33r on Jul 24, 2015, 04:15 PMMake Florida realistic with swamplands and especially the Everglades

Also Florida hardly see's snow and we have little to no mountains but we do have craters due to Sink holes and lots of trees
I can't adjust every piece of land to it's actual biome. First of all its too much work and secondly not each biome in real life has a minecraft equivalent, neither does in real life for example exist the Mooshroom biome.

clard

Jul 24, 2015, 08:31 PM #86 Last Edit: Jul 25, 2015, 02:08 AM by clard
Quote from: fearthe1337 on Jul 24, 2015, 06:22 PMWonder if anyone knows what these 3 islands are though :)

Note: Compressed using webp, I know chrome supports this. Other browsers may or may not.

I'm really confused on the scale, but I think those three islands are Hawaiian islands. The closest one is Lana'i, the smallest Hawaiian island you included, I think the one to the right is Maui and the one on the left is Molokai? Or it could be the islands I attached, No idea what they are terrible at geography. Not sure which because I'm confused about the scale.

Update: Based on what fear said about the dogs legs being 700 blocks, I'm guessing that it's the attachment. However I'm still not 100%, but I'm almost certain that it is one of these two.

ochoaj

Ohhhhh do the Channel Islands off the coast of Southern California :D
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
― Benjamin Franklin

BritanniaRules

Fear, what texture pack are you using to make the clouds and the water on those .webp screenshots?

Quote from: fearthe1337 on Jul 24, 2015, 06:22 PM
Quote from: TRITIUMNITR0X on Jul 23, 2015, 06:32 PMFear, you're so silly. You forgot Long Island, NY. It's a barrier island with a population of 2.85 million residents ;) and it's where I live.

Guess it got deleted due to colors similar to ocean or size or it wasn't on the map I used.

Edit: Checked, due to @Towelie complaining about landsize, I increased the land by 10 pixels everywhere. Because the gap of ocean between the main land and Long Island, it got fused together as one.
Here's a link to a picture showing the map as it was designed with a map overlayed.

Quote from: clard on Jul 23, 2015, 08:15 PMI really doubt that these islands will be given away for free, so dibs won't really help. I mean, if they are or dibs do help, then I call Moloka'i and A hamster!
Pretty sure I made a post up there already stating that the hamsters will not be free. That is guaranteed.

Wonder if anyone knows what these 3 islands are though :)

fearthe1337

Quote from: BritanniaRules on Jul 24, 2015, 10:48 PMFear, what texture pack are you using to make the clouds and the water on those .webp screenshots?
<Snip>
I think the clouds are from the Shader I used. The screenshots were made with 32 render radius, in combination with the shader "Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders" and the Chroma Hills texture pack.

Quote from: ochoaj on Jul 24, 2015, 08:50 PMOhhhhh do the Channel Islands off the coast of Southern California :D
Sorry, world map is kind of too crowded at this point.

Quote from: clard on Jul 24, 2015, 08:31 PM<snip>

I'm really confused on the scale, but I think those three islands are Hawaiian islands. The closest one is Lana'i, the smallest Hawaiian island you included, I think the one to the right is Maui and the one on the left is Molokai? Or it could be the islands I attached, No idea what they are terrible at geography. Not sure which because I'm confused about the scale.

Update: Based on what fear said about the dogs legs being 700 blocks, I'm guessing that it's the attachment. However I'm still not 100%, but I'm almost certain that it is one of these two.

It was a screenshot of Ireland (left), the isle of man (Middle) and England (right). Unfortionally I will be editing those to make the shapes more distinct on the world map, so it will look slightly different in the final version of the map now.

Quote from: funkymonkey245 on Jul 24, 2015, 06:31 PMTotally gonna make the monkey into a town so ya'll can buy a plot of land :>
That raises a few questions....
  • Where are the bananas? Minecraft has none.
  • Will everyone be required to wear a monkey skin?
  • Ook ook ook?
  • OOOOK ook OOOK?

fearthe1337

England was kind of the same as Long Island, distinctive shapes kind of lost due to expanding the land size.
Here's a GIF showing the old vs new.

And here's the old vs new Long beach where @TRITIUMNITR0X lives.

PS.
If you think one of the areas needs to be fixed as it's missing distinctive shapes, let me know.

Chill2000

Quote from: goldennuggets10 on Jul 23, 2015, 07:10 AMFYI Australians call them prawns!! And we don't cook them on a barbeque!! LOL We cook meats like steak and sausages on the barbeque xD

Shrimp and prawns are different animals ;)

And fear wow this is awesome thanks for all the effort your putting in <3
Quote from: xavidram on Dec 22, 2013, 09:37 AMThe internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

Chill2000

Quote from: funkymonkey245 on Jul 24, 2015, 06:31 PMTotally gonna make the monkey into a town so ya'll can buy a plot of land :>

Omg, 2012 untrusted town xD
Quote from: xavidram on Dec 22, 2013, 09:37 AMThe internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

omelott

I would love to see Hawaii fit in somewhere! Perhaps it could be covered by a jungle?

fearthe1337

Quote from: omelott on Jul 25, 2015, 03:17 PMI would love to see Hawaii fit in somewhere! Perhaps it could be covered by a jungle?
Pretty sure Hawaii is somewhere in the south east ocean ;)

The_Living_Human

I could live where I live in real life!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
Amen

fearthe1337

Quote from: the_living_human on Jul 26, 2015, 03:12 AMI could live where I live in real life!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
If your fast enough you can ;)
People living in Manitoba might not be as lucky, as our spawn town will be located there.

And now... I present...
The New-New World map. (Freshly generated with landscape fixes)

For comparison, HERE is one of 3 days earlier :)

I will post some statistics on the map later.

Towelie

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

iHolySammie

It would be nice if you guys could add bermuda in there ;3

donnydoom604