Apr 19, 2024, 02:22 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Survival] World2 will be reset in 30 days!

Started by Towelie, Jul 26, 2015, 04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyvic

Meh, how long will the current w1 (future w2) last?

clard

Can we have builds moved to w4?

Tyvic

Also, can we schedule a time for managers to come on?

Kaninka

Quote from: clard on Jul 27, 2015, 03:50 PMCan we have builds moved to w4?
No, only to current w1

Quote from: Tyvic on Jul 27, 2015, 10:50 PMAlso, can we schedule a time for managers to come on?
Remember we are volunteers with our own lives, we got Managers for most timezones :) :zombie:

GRIMI_

FAQ:

Will I lose all my items?
No. Just stuff u kept in the old world will be gone with the new world. If you have already used your 1 move allowance, create a storage bunker in W2 for the reset, and then in ~35days from now you can transfer the items to your new place in the new world.

Will I have to pay anything for the island I want? Can I have/reserve islands? Is it weird?
No. This is like the normal world atm, just fear had a little too much fun and shaped everything like animals and countries. From the ground, it'll just be like a new world, with hills, trees, cows and sheep etc. The pictures you see of the map overview are obviously scaled down. To give an idea of the size of the map, previous maps have been like 2000 blocks by 2000 blocks. Thats something like 4 million blocks overall, so dont expect to dibs the whole of the east coast so easily.

Is X an attraction?
Chances are, no. I imagine due to the current workload of the managers (please consider that they have to move ~1 build per player, and the server has literally thousands of players, and there are like 8 manager+s) very few if any builds will be classed as attractions and moved for free. Those that are will most likely be current attractions, or have to be pretty impressive, so if its a dirtshack with half a birch tree in the roof, its probs not worthy, however this is completely down to the manager.

OMG why can't manager X come and move my shit??????!?!?!?!?!?!
Firstly, chill out. There's literally ~a month to do it, and as you can expect, from the second managers get online to the second they switch off their computers they're busy trying to get everyone's builds moved. Ask politely, and most importantly once every 5mins or so. If a manager is obviously busy with someone else, dont spam them demanding you get your build moved. Please be considerate of other players, and also of how busy these managers will be.

OMG why so many resets?
More active players, means less room on the map for new builds, and new players. Every 6 months or so we have a new map to offer new land, new ores and a new spawn town (people get bored ;) ) The next reset for this world will probably be early next year, or we might even see a full reset by then. A rough estimate for full resets is once every 2 years (or when we completely destroy something... like the economy.) You can actually help avoiding resets by hunting and reporting BCVs so that land can be freed up and the worlds can last longer. If you're not sure on the rules, read them at spawn (somewhere, they've been hidden i think...)

did this cus bored, easier to look at these instead of all the comments maybe idek.

Towelie

Quote from: American_Walrus on Jul 27, 2015, 12:04 PMIf only there was a walrus island...
And why did you guys cut off Alaska, I love Alaska ;-;
It's the closest thing to a walrus island.
Jk, the new map looks great, it'll last awhile:D
There's only so much space for islands xD

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

stelthw0lf

So my Town Oakville is under 1 prot and I would like to know if I oculd get it all transported to /w1 because there are many people living there and it took a long ass time to make, Im sure there will be enough room for towns there right?

Tyvic

Quote from: stelthw0lf on Jul 28, 2015, 06:21 PMSo my Town Oakville is under 1 prot and I would like to know if I oculd get it all transported to /w1 because there are many people living there and it took a long ass time to make, Im sure there will be enough room for towns there right?

If you mean the new w1, then no, the current w1 (future w2), yes.

stelthw0lf

Quote from: Tyvic on Jul 28, 2015, 06:23 PM
Quote from: stelthw0lf on Jul 28, 2015, 06:21 PMSo my Town Oakville is under 1 prot and I would like to know if I oculd get it all transported to /w1 because there are many people living there and it took a long ass time to make, Im sure there will be enough room for towns there right?

Quote from: Tyvic on Jul 28, 2015, 06:23 PM

I don't care if it get transported to the new /w1 or the current /w1 as long as im able to save it from reset and not need to pay 20mil for it

supermee3

Loving the small United Kingdom area xD

GRIMI_

I
Quote from: supermee3 on Jul 28, 2015, 09:22 PMLoving the small United Kingdom area xD
Imma try to get the north west of england for me and luffy ;)

Kaninka

We move buildings, not towns.
Towns are made out of several buildings, you'd have to pick one out :)  :zombie:

GotAnError

Quote from: Kaninka on Jul 29, 2015, 02:20 AM

We move buildings, not towns.
Towns are made out of several buildings, you'd have to pick one out :)  :zombie:

You could always let the players who live in your town decide if they want to get their houses in your town moved as their building.
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

gryps_101

Jul 29, 2015, 03:37 AM #38 Last Edit: Jul 29, 2015, 03:43 AM by gryps_101
Hey towelie question for new W1. I want to find certain spots on the map because its USA. so Is there like a thing that shows you where you are? (like they have in faction). If so could I please have a link.

Thanks a lot !! ~gryps

Towelie

http://mc.superfuntime.org:8123/
The new map is not added yet. almost 1 month left till the reset

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Nubbun

Are we allow'd to sell our 'move one building' to someone who already moved their building?

\(◎o◎)/

Kaninka

Quote from: magl on Jul 29, 2015, 07:18 AMAre we allow'd to sell our 'move one building' to someone who already moved their building?

Nope  :zombie:

Nicadean33

GRIMI_ I love the post! Everyone needs to read that and maybe we could have this question,
Quote from: GRIMI_ on Jul 28, 2015, 05:05 PMOMG why can't manager X come and move my shit???!?!?!?!?!?!
Firstly, chill out. There's literally ~a month to do it, and as you can expect, from the second managers get online to the second they switch off their computers they're busy trying to get everyone's builds moved. Ask politely, and most importantly once every 5mins or so. If a manager is obviously busy with someone else, dont spam them demanding you get your build moved. Please be considerate of other players, and also of how busy these managers will be.
added to the original post @Towelie ? So many people are shouting at managers to move their builds because if they don't move them TODAY they will be deleted. Maybe just shorten it down to get the gist but great comment.

KIBALI

What size build will be moved. After last move I transferred my donated spawner to beneath my house. I'm wondering if the house and spawner can be moved together. Also, last time I had to build a new spawner cave and the actual spawner was placed inside. This time will the spawner cave be moved too?

MineHaloDuty

Jul 31, 2015, 07:57 AM #44 Last Edit: Jul 31, 2015, 10:15 PM by MineHaloDuty
will we move back to the new world after the reset

sky_comet

i have made a castle with buildings inside it such as a barracks and a keep will these be able to be moved as on or will i have to leave one behind?

I like tanks

Chill2000

Quote from: skycomet on Aug 02, 2015, 12:19 AMi have made a castle with buildings inside it such as a barracks and a keep will these be able to be moved as on or will i have to leave one behind?
Yes this can be moved check this link out this explains it for you :) https://www.superfuntime.org/forum/index.php/topic,115549.0.html
Quote from: xavidram on Dec 22, 2013, 09:37 AMThe internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

noch5

I don't have the money to move my place are we aloud to move them by hand i'm guessing yes?  :-\

Green_Giant

Quote from: noch5 on Aug 02, 2015, 06:06 AMI don't have the money to move my place are we aloud to move them by hand i'm guessing yes?  :-\
Ofcourse, nothing stopping you from doing that.

noch5

Quote from: Green_Giant on Aug 02, 2015, 10:34 AM
Quote from: noch5 on Aug 02, 2015, 06:06 AMI don't have the money to move my place are we aloud to move them by hand i'm guessing yes?  :-\
Ofcourse, nothing stopping you from doing that.
Okay I was thinking yes XD