Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Aug 02, 2015, 11:31 AM Last Edit: Aug 03, 2015, 06:26 AM by Towelie
Community Size:
Survival unique players active at least once in the last 3 months ->
Pixelmon unique players active at least once in the last 3 months ->
Total number of registered users on the forums ->
Visits on the website in the last 30 days ->
Community established -> September 10th 2010. (4 years 11 months)

Amount of work per week put into SFT:
TowelieDOH -> 10-20h (2 daily from mon-fri and 10 between sat and mon)
Dpa1991 -> 10-40h (depends on how much work there is to do. All I know is, it's not uncommon for him to work day and night during updates and other things
FearThe1337 -> 5-30h (depends on how much there is to do and whether stuff breaks during that time)
saywhat2365 -> 5-20h (He works on pretty much all the minigame servers, factions, creative and then helps me with survival stuff and so on)

Our Infrastructure:
Survival -> Xeon 4c8t, 64GB Ram, 3*300gb SSD
Pixelmon -> Xeon 4c8t, 64gb ram, 3*120gb SSD
Factions,Creative,Minigames, etc -> Xeon 6c12t, 128GB RAM, 3*300GB SSD
Unturned, Terraria -> Xeon 4c8t, 16GB RAM, 2*1TB SAS
Webserver -> Xeon 4c8T, 32GB RAM, 3*120GB SSD
Costs -> About ~550$/mo for all

What I am trying to explain with this post is that it takes a lot of time and effort from multiple people to run/manage a community like SFT.

Thank you for choosing SFT, please consider all these numbers and the work put into SFT.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

I'm sorry for not including everyone. There's a lot more people that dedicate a lot of time and resource sto SFT: Developers, Architects, EventHosts, Staff (in no particular order), and we love them all!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Brightpkz

Honestly, it's pitiful how some people come in and just rip SFT off. Although the topic on said player creating a server is a matter of controversy, it's pretty obvious that it's just not right... To steal and then to bluff... What kind of attitude is that?!

I know for a fact that SFT wouldn't be possible without Towelie, Dpa, Fear, and Saywhat's constant efforts. And I truly wish to thank them for creating this wonderful community, that I could be a part of... I'm insanely proud for the fact that SFT has grown to where it is right now, and I couldn't thank you guys more for allowing me to join you guys for the ride.

I couldn't ask for a better community to staff... Thank you so much for giving me the chance to staff your community.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

toxic_foxtrot

Yay.... making smores with Towelie!  Thanks for the numbers Towelie... I for one often take for granted what you and the rest of the people that have built this server actually do for the rest of us staff and players alike. I really mean it when I say THANK YOU for all that you guys and gals have done for us here!

MobileHome18

That quote doesn't fit saywhat. A quote that would fit is
Quote from: saywhat2365Restarted
Thanks for everyone's hard work and dedication! You are dearly loved :heart:

iLaxrv10

Thank you all for 4 (almost 5) whole years of hard work and dedication! :heart:
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Xenoyia

Doctor_Thanos

This is just amazing and the most amazing thing is that every single thing done by each one of us makes the community even better! :D

GRIMI_

Chill2000

Towelie you work doesn't go un-noticed neither does anyone's here, you guys do such a great job for SFT and we all love you guys for it. Thank you all <3
Quote from: xavidram on Dec 22, 2013, 09:37 AMThe internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

Towelie

Just a reminder:

- Players are allowed to play on other servers and own a server, however, IF: a) you don't advertise it to SFT players (regardless of the method, whether it's ingame or skype) and b) You avoid mentioning it.

- Staff members are not allowed to have a server, or if they do own one, to make this known to us at the time of their promotion.

ParisGrace

Thank u for all the work you've done guys! And make SFT Fun, Happy and amazing! 😋

SFT_Ghost

I think this is actually the best post I've seen on the forums. Not many people know how much work is needed to run such an amazing server like this.

Thank you everyone who has created and helped with the server! :D
I FIND A DUCKS OPINION OF ME IN VERY MUCH INFLUENCED BY WEATHER OR NOT I HAVE BREAD!

American_Walrus

Are we just "items" to you Tow? DX

Jk, thanks for all the hard work.

Towelie

Quote from: American_Walrus on Aug 03, 2015, 12:56 AMAre we just "items" to you Tow? DX

Jk, thanks for all the hard work.
Um, no those are the player profiles xD That's how I count players - I look in the player profiles dir. Keep in mind we delete inactive players profiles after 90 days of inactivity (having too many slows down world saves / causes lag)

The_Living_Human

Amen

Lansdiinio

Thank you for all of your work Towel. We all appreciate it so much and you've impacted so many people's lives for the better. Keep up the hard work everyone, I'm sure you'll make sure that SFT stays strong for years to come. <3