Mar 29, 2024, 05:06 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Suggest new servers for us to host

Started by Towelie, Aug 12, 2015, 03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Do you know of a game that a lot of players play and you think would benefit SFT?
Suggest it, and maybe SFT will host a server.

What we're looking for:
- Games with great potential. Something that will bring us more new players
- Games with customization. For example, if we just host another battlefield server out there, it's not going to be too good, because we can't really customize it / make it unique.
- Games that we haven't hosted before

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

MobileHome18

Though you guys have already hosted it before, but another Prison Server. I think that server would have great potential if lots of hard work goes into it.

HD

Quote from: MobileHome18 on Aug 12, 2015, 04:21 AMThough you guys have already hosted it before, but another Prison Server. I think that server would have great potential if lots of hard work goes into it.

But last time i heard about prison break, people at first played it, then suddenly they stopped. Then that server got removed.

How about a SFT crafting dead server?

smallfry5545

Can it be made up? I have an idea but I don't know if it exists or not.

BritanniaRules

Aug 12, 2015, 06:00 AM #4 Last Edit: Aug 12, 2015, 06:16 AM by Towelie
My 2 boys love to play the drawing game (Pixel Painters?)
. I've watched them a few times and it seems like a bit of a laugh.
Could be a good addition?

ryan_m004

Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

happypinecones

Prison is unlikely to be added as I think more then once towelie has added it and it caused so much commotion and the player count dropped within 2 weeks. It would most likely be a waste of time adding it.

MobileHome18

Loasty

We had a crafting dead server when it first came out (i personally handled most of it for the 3-4 days it was around)  and it was really popular, but it was really early stages of the modpack and we couldnt do the things we wanted, maybe it would be nice to see around again (i tried suggesting but never heard anything back)

also, a way to play mob arena/pvp with guns, there is a gun plugin you can get which i was informed was on our current hungergames one, maybe use that in other ways
Pixelmon Admin
Need assistance? contact me on discord @ Loasty#4663

happypinecones

Quote from: MobileHome18 on Aug 12, 2015, 07:35 AMI thought SFT only had it once?
Yeah maybe you are right. Personally though, I think the best way forward would be to not host too many more minecraft  based servers. There is really only so much you can do with a game losing it's player base.

HD

Quote from: FrostyRaiden on Aug 12, 2015, 08:01 AMWe had a crafting dead server when it first came out (i personally handled most of it for the 3-4 days it was around)  and it was really popular, but it was really early stages of the modpack and we couldnt do the things we wanted, maybe it would be nice to see around again (i tried suggesting but never heard anything back)

also, a way to play mob arena/pvp with guns, there is a gun plugin you can get which i was informed was on our current hungergames one, maybe use that in other ways

Well, now theres has been lots of updates, so maybe it will be better xD but dear god! mob arena with guns xD

Towelie

Quote from: MobileHome18 on Aug 12, 2015, 04:21 AMThough you guys have already hosted it before, but another Prison Server. I think that server would have great potential if lots of hard work goes into it.
Something like that is in the works. I cannot confirm a release date at this moment, other than when it's ready.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Chill2000

Minecraft pvp has a huge audience and groups of players perhaps a UHC server? UHC is very popular I know we have hosted UHC's before but what if we have one  dedicated server running a couple of games at a time?
Quote from: xavidram on Dec 22, 2013, 09:37 AMThe internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

Towelie

Quote from: BritanniaRules on Aug 12, 2015, 06:00 AMMy 2 boys love to play the drawing game (Pixel Painters?)
. I've watched them a few times and it seems like a bit of a laugh.
Could be a good addition?
That's also in the works - a minigame server which will include draw my thing

Green_Giant

Quote from: Chill2000 on Aug 12, 2015, 08:50 AMMinecraft pvp has a huge audience and groups of players perhaps a UHC server? UHC is very popular I know we have hosted UHC's before but what if we have one  dedicated server running a couple of games at a time?
UHC's only really work as one time Events every now again. We did a total of about 6 seasons, with a month between, and by the 6th season people got bored and didn't sign up. We do plan on doing another one soon, see if maybe the year or so. break has enticed people to play again.

King_Craftius

GRIMI_

Quote from: happypinecones on Aug 12, 2015, 07:15 AMPrison is unlikely to be added as I think more then once towelie has added it and it caused so much commotion and the player count dropped within 2 weeks. It would most likely be a waste of time adding it.

As someone involved with prison throughout its lifespan, I can confidently attribute the failure of the prison server to a number of things that should've been done, but weren't. The server wasn't set up in a way that when the flow of players from SFT ended, another flow of players would take their place. That's why after a few weeks, when everyone from SFT had tried it, and figured out if they wanted to spend time on it, the player count dropped, and never reached close to that high again. If a server like prison was to come about again, it would have to be properly set up to account for attracting new players to the community, rather than feeding off other SFT servers like the last one. In the earlier stages of the prison, it was agreed that once this original high fell off, we would introduce it to server sites, and add voting rewards such as drugs.

However this never happened, and due to me being taken off the project by Battle and djay (I honestly have no idea why, but to this day I don't get credit for the hours of work i put into that map and server, never mind the contributions to the mechanics of the server...) I'm not sure why it never happened. It was known and proved during BETA of the server that once players finished they would need something to do, and would most likely lose interest fast after this. So fresh players needed to be introduced to our community and server to keep things interesting, and to keep things working properly.

I personally would love to see another prison server, as the concept was obviously well loved, and many things were done right, but in the end a couple of failures led to its demise. I still believe in its success.

Quote from: King_Craftius on Aug 12, 2015, 10:22 AMFeed the beast?
Lol we've had like a gazillion FTB servers, if we find a stable solution, that'd be fun again.

My suggestion:
Bring back paintball if possible.

Jyncs

Rust

I know we had one before but that was on legacy. A lot of things have changed and there are different plugins. It would be worth a shot to at least try it again for a month.

stormshooter

Aug 12, 2015, 12:11 PM #18 Last Edit: Aug 12, 2015, 03:26 PM by TeraStorm
Ark survival evolved.

Bending server (From Avatar anime cartoon)
                                               ^ sorry green

Cbossminer

darknuju

Me and a friend have been playing Don't Starve Together beta and as far as I know there is a way to host a dedicated server on that I have played around a tiny bit with modding the game but I am pretty sure if needed I could do a lot of mods for the game.

iLaxrv10

Someone in the suggestions wanted a Digimon server and gave some links to several mod packs. I only say this because I don't think he would know to post it here :P

But personally? I agree with Mobile, Prison Break.
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Green_Giant

Quote from: TeraStorm on Aug 12, 2015, 12:11 PMArk survival evolved.

Bending server (From Avatar anime)
Ahem, Cartoon*. :3 But yeah, a nice idea, sounds like something fun to try even if to doesn't turn out to be a success.

omelott

Have you ever considered running a build battles minigame? (Players are given a plot to build on, in which they are given 5 minutes to build a specified object using creative inventory. After 5 minutes is up, players are given the ability to rate other's builds (but not their own).

Fire_Lord_Nero

Quote from: King_Craftius on Aug 12, 2015, 10:22 AMFeed the beast?
Love the idea, Now most FTB Lite servers are all german it could be a cool idea