Apr 18, 2024, 06:43 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

I will now revoke legend status to rule breakers

Started by Towelie, Sep 06, 2015, 01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Are you a Legend? Not for long if you break the rules.
As of now, I will revoke the legend status to those  who break the rules, and also to anyone who I please based on no criteria other than my will.

To rule breakers: If you break the rules, I will revoke your legend status. I have instructed my staff members to gather proof of bad behavior

To people I want: If you piss me off / piss my staff off / annoy players / act as a smartass, I will revoke your legend status.

Legend is not a right, it's a privilege.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Chinwonder2

Towelie, did you recieve my pm? :)

-Chin 8)
Such gorgeous human beings! :heart:

UrbanmineR

â–'█▀▀▀█ â–'â–ˆâ"€â"€â–'â–ˆ   â–'█▀▀▀█ â–'█▀▀▀█
â"€â–,,â–,,â–,,▀▀   â–'â–ˆâ–,,â–,,â–,,â–ˆ â"€â"€â–,,â–,,â–,,▀▀ â"€â–,,â–,,â–,,▀▀
â–'â–ˆâ–,,â–,,â–,,â–ˆ â"€â"€â–'â–ˆâ"€â"€  â–'â–ˆâ–,,â–,,â–,,â–ˆ â–'â–ˆâ–,,â–,,â–,,â–ˆ

TiiGeR

This has probably been needed for a while, Glad it's making a way in!

GRIMI_

VirginianAE

Hope this helps things on the server.  Great idea, Towelie.

GotAnError

Sep 06, 2015, 02:29 PM #6 Last Edit: Sep 06, 2015, 02:31 PM by Towelie
Jeez, this matter is so subjective that I can see Legends lose their rank based on bias.

And no, I am not saying that because I am a Legend myself.

Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

Doctor_Thanos

Towelie

Woops, accidentally edited your post while trying to reply gotan.

My reply": Bias from me ? Yes. Bias from any other staff members? No, because I will be deciding who gets demoted.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

GotAnError

Quote from: Towelie on Sep 06, 2015, 02:32 PMWoops, accidentally edited your post while trying to reply gotan.

My reply": Bias from me ? Yes. Bias from any other staff members? No, because I will be deciding who gets demoted.

I mean, sure, this is a good rule and all and I support it.

But be careful that this matter won't turn into another huge fight.
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

Brightpkz

Quote from: GotAnError on Sep 06, 2015, 02:35 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Sep 06, 2015, 02:32 PMWoops, accidentally edited your post while trying to reply gotan.

Agree with this. Although I started the topic on the Legend rank being not monitored enough and "not awesome". As shown by the topic, this is a matter of controversy, and there are clearly many who dislike the fact that breaking the rules/not behaving well would remove the entire rank. Obviously, Legend is a privillege, and that's an easily understandable fact, but I doubt this "fact" could be as easily accepted as it's understood.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

DuaneandBrand0

Rule breaking to what extent? An occasional spam or advertising? There is a very large grey area that wasn't specified as to what the "rule breaking barrier" was. I'll do my best to stay helpful!

donnydoom604

Quote from: Towelie on Sep 06, 2015, 01:25 PM
Quote from: donnydoom604 on Sep 06, 2015, 01:24 PMI feel that if it does reach a perma-ban level, they should be demoted from Legend immediately as part of their unban.
Agreed.
You get perma-banned, you lose the rank.

This counts for a ban of any reason, if it's permanent, you lose Legend. Unless the ban was a mistake, of course.

DuaneandBrand0

Quote from: donnydoom604 on Sep 06, 2015, 03:52 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Sep 06, 2015, 01:25 PM
Quote from: donnydoom604 on Sep 06, 2015, 01:24 PMI feel that if it does reach a perma-ban level, they should be demoted from Legend immediately as part of their unban.
Agreed.
You get perma-banned, you lose the rank.

This counts for a ban of any reason, if it's permanent, you lose Legend. Unless the ban was a mistake, of course.
Thanks for the clear up Donny :)

MobileHome18

Towelie

[/quote]
Quote from: donnydoom604 on Sep 06, 2015, 03:52 PMYou get perma-banned, you lose the rank.

Sounds good. so if you get permanently banned and it's not a joke then that means you lose legend.
Obviously, I will analyze perm ban and see if it was justified before I revoke Legend.

Chill2000

This seems perfectly fair, I have seen legends become very disrespectful as of late. This is well needed :)
Quote from: xavidram on Dec 22, 2013, 09:37 AMThe internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

KnightFrightZ39

Another reason i dont come on Sft a lot you make to many strict rules.Dedicated players are NOT a right they are a PRIVELEGE sorry buts its my RIGHT to express myself as an SFT well knowned member.

darknuju

Quote from: KnightFrightZ39 on Sep 06, 2015, 06:34 PMAnother reason i dont come on Sft a lot you make to many strict rules.Dedicated players are NOT a right they are a PRIVELEGE sorry buts its my RIGHT to express myself as an SFT well knowned member.

What rules in particular? You have a very good point but I can assure you 99.99% of the rules that are there were established out of necessity or problems with it in the past

stormshooter

Does this apply for all servers or just survival.

Snake

ThePat545

Sep 06, 2015, 11:24 PM #21 Last Edit: Sep 06, 2015, 11:28 PM by ThePat545
Quote from: GotAnError on Sep 06, 2015, 02:35 PM

He's the owner. If people don't like the rules they make they can leave. Nobody's forcing them to stay here.

xJade

they just have to act like they would with their parent/grandparents xd if they already do like i mean no need to worry and by acting like they would with their parents/grandparents i mean with respect just to clarify for the rude players out there :)

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

VirginianAE

Sep 07, 2015, 06:31 PM #23 Last Edit: Sep 07, 2015, 06:36 PM by VirginianAE
If it hasn't been explicitly stated, part of the benefit of this is it allows Towelie to use his common sense to determine when someone may not be necessarily breaking a "statutory rule" but still being a general nuisance to the server.  We've had several players (not all of them legends) use their experience and seniority as rationalization for how they act or treat others.  I like "picking" with others, but there is a point where a reasonable individual (Towelie in this case) can look at how people are behaving and determine if a user is bringing a bad reputation on the server.

I think this is a good idea and welcome any attempts of Towelie and the upper-staff to help make SFT a better environment for all involved.  Thanks again!

TheGoldenKibby

I am not legend, nor do I plan on being banned. But I have been banned once before and I am almost at the required time to get legend. That being said, do past bans carry over into wether or not you get legend? If so, is it any ban or just more serious bans?