Apr 23, 2024, 12:38 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Survival] Mini Spleef Tournament

Started by Green_Giant, Sep 12, 2015, 10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green_Giant

Sep 12, 2015, 10:47 PM Last Edit: Sep 20, 2015, 07:57 PM by Green_Giant

Event postponed until Sunday at 8 PM GMT+0 due to issues with login & session servers.

Greetings Superfuntime. I hope you all enjoyed the SFT Olympics, and tested yourselves in the challenging Events. Now, it's time to cool down with a mini spleef tournament (because no good Olympian can finish off without their cool down).

The Event will take place as follows: There shall be 5 rounds, the first four rounds will be rounds that anybody can enter. The winners of these rounds will then go into Round 5, where the four finalists will spleef it out for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place! Normal spleef rules will apply in these games, however, you may only use non-enchanted shovels, to make it a fairer playing field for all. The Event shall take place at /warp thespleef.

EDIT: Massive thanks to @Lansdiinio for donating 500k to the prize!

So, what are the prizes? The prizes are as follows:
  • 1st - 500, 000 EMP Bucks on Survival.
  • 2nd - 200, 000 EMP Bucks on Survival.
  • 3rd - 125, 000 EMP Bucks on Survival.

Last but not least, the time! The time of the Event shall be Sunday 20th at 8 PM GMT+0. Any other questions? Feel free to post below or PM me. Happy spleefing!  :diamondshovel:

Countdown: http://itsalmo.st/#spleeftime_bs1s4

P.s - Thanks for making the banner, Katoon!

Tyvic

Non enchanted shovels might not be needed, make it snow, it's insta-break. And I'm 50% sure there's cheap shovels you can buy at the arena.

Illuminati

Golden Shovel is good enough, use some commands to make them Ubreakable, to add and remove them at beginning and at ending of the Battle. Some works of command can easily do this task :)

GRIMI_

Quote from: Illuminati on Sep 13, 2015, 06:58 AMGolden Shovel is good enough, use some commands to make them Ubreakable, to add and remove them at beginning and at ending of the Battle. Some works of command can easily do this task :)
This event is happening on survival, and so the command would be server wide. Regardless, this is a bit too much effort for a mini event, especially when people can just supply their own shovels.

GotAnError

Quote from: Green_Giant on Sep 12, 2015, 10:47 PMThe Event will take place as follows: There shall be 5 rounds, the first four rounds will be rounds that anybody can enter. The winners of these rounds will then go into Round 5, where the four finalists will spleef it out for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place!

Then what happens if one person wins multiple rounds?
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

Green_Giant

Quote from: GotAnError on Sep 13, 2015, 11:36 AM
Quote from: Green_Giant on Sep 12, 2015, 10:47 PMThe Event will take place as follows: There shall be 5 rounds, the first four rounds will be rounds that anybody can enter. The winners of these rounds will then go into Round 5, where the four finalists will spleef it out for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place!

If they have won a round, they won't be allowed to participate in the next rounds, only in the final.

Green_Giant

Quote from: SFTGamingFTW on Sep 12, 2015, 11:21 PMNon enchanted shovels might not be needed, make it snow, it's insta-break. And I'm 50% sure there's cheap shovels you can buy at the arena.
I believe there is a small difference between the block break rate on non-enchanted and enchanted shovels (Much like the small but noticeable difference between efficiency 4 and efficiency 5 diamond on grass). So to keep it as fair as possible, i'm keeping it to any non-enchanted shovel (So can be wooden, stone, golden, iron or diamond shovels). You don't even have to use a shovel if you don't want to.

GotAnError

Quote from: Green_Giant on Sep 13, 2015, 12:40 PM
Quote from: GotAnError on Sep 13, 2015, 11:36 AM

If they have won a round, they won't be allowed to participate in the next rounds, only in the final.

Thought so. Sounds good!
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

Green_Giant

The Event shall be taking place in 30 minutes, however if the login servers do not come up, then we may have to postpone it to maybe next week.

Tyvic

Just what I thought. Can't SFT run through the alt ip we had a few months ago?

Green_Giant

Quote from: SFTGamingFTW on Sep 13, 2015, 06:29 PMJust what I thought. Can't SFT run through the alt ip we had a few months ago?
The issue is not with logging into the server, it is with logging into your Minecraft account itself, which SFT has no control over.

Tyvic

What if you're logged in already?

Green_Giant

Quote from: SFTGamingFTW on Sep 13, 2015, 06:33 PMWhat if you're logged in already?
Well if you're online while it goes down, you are able to stay online.

Tyvic

I'm not on the server, but I'm logged into Minecraft

Cireshie

Quote from: SFTGamingFTW on Sep 13, 2015, 06:35 PMI'm not on the server, but I'm logged into Minecraft
You're still able to play offline (single player), but logging in servers requires "authentication" which is down.

Tyvic

We need a postponing now. Nobody can get on the server and it's not coming back anytime soon.

Green_Giant

Quote from: SFTGamingFTW on Sep 13, 2015, 06:38 PMWe need a postponing now. Nobody can get on the server and it's not coming back anytime soon.
Why do I need to postpone now? What if it comes up just before 20:00? If it needs postponing, I will do it.

Tyvic

smallfry5545

Quote from: Cireshie on Sep 13, 2015, 06:37 PMYou're still able to play offline (single player), but logging in servers requires "authentication" which is down.
Cant even get onto single player :(

Green_Giant

Tournament postponed to 21:00 (1 hour from now). If the servers are not up by then, it will likely be postponed to next week. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

Tyvic

Green_Giant

Dearest apologies everyone, but unfortunately i'm going to have to postpone the Event to next Sunday at 8 PM GMT+0. Once again sorry about this, although you may have got online, the login servers keep going on and off and so not everyone can join, so I made the decision to postpone it so everyone has the ability to play.

Green_Giant

Bump! Remember, this Event will be held tonight, after the big treasure hunt! Hope to see you there!

http://itsalmo.st/#spleefingtime

Green_Giant

10 minutes until the Event shall begin! Get your shovels ready! (Remember: No enchants!)

Green_Giant

The Event has concluded! Our winners are:

4th place - Jinxie!
3rd place - Ripkid_
2nd place - TheAwsomeGuy2004

1st place! - oPatrick!

Thanks everyone for playing, and thanks Lansdiniio for donating 500k towards this! :D