Suggestion/Problem

Started by Zesty, Sep 24, 2015, 11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zesty

Ok so I found a huge problem im going to start with. In english some people are from different countries so they spell/do stuff differently to others. I know there are some rules that Americans have that say Australians don't have, how will that be covered? Also on the topic of rules here is my suggestion, making a page for all sorts of rules like spelling rules, maths rules and all that so people wont have to ask for them in every topic, they can just look at the one topic which has them all!
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

tree43

Quote from: Dusk_Magician on Sep 24, 2015, 11:22 AMOk so I found a huge problem im going to start with. In english some people are from different countries so they spell/do stuff differently to others. I know there are some rules that Americans have that say Australians don't have, how will that be covered? Also on the topic of rules here is my suggestion, making a page for all sorts of rules like spelling rules, maths rules and all that so people wont have to ask for them in every topic, they can just look at the one topic which has them all!
I really don't think this is a problem but I may be wrong. I just don't think it's necessary or will add anything. You're idea barely makes sense to me. I don't mean to be rude but like why?

TheStarNomad✯

I think he means like that in some parts of America they use a different metric system that I don't use, and this would be the same globally. Some places use Fahrenheit for temperature while I use Celsius.

I don't think this would be a problem anyways, since everyone is free to help.

As for the rule thing, this could be a formula page maybe? For maths and physics formulae (language rules for English won't really help because someway or another there's always an exception). I believe that is what dusk meant.

Although saying that I came up with this:

As well as formulas how about how to do certain things? Like in maths doing trigonometry, instead of posting about it, you could just look at the maths post and scroll down to trig.

I think that'd be useful xD it could also be alphabetical for maths, so it's easier to find stuff.
If so, I could make this.

Long time StarNomad

itsConnor_

Isn't this something you can just Google easily?
Trainee & JMod July 2011-early 2012
Mod - summer 2012
Head of Hosts - December 2012 - July 2013
Steam

TheStarNomad✯

Quote from: itsConnor_ on Sep 24, 2015, 03:37 PMIsn't this something you can just Google easily?
Googling how to do a math problem isn't as easy as you think it is... I've tried googling how to divide fractions before... Didn't help at all.

Long time StarNomad

Green_Giant

Quote from: Dracorex on Sep 24, 2015, 03:39 PM
Quote from: itsConnor_ on Sep 24, 2015, 03:37 PMIsn't this something you can just Google easily?
Googling how to do a math problem isn't as easy as you think it is... I've tried googling how to divide fractions before... Didn't help at all.
I think he means you can google the transfer of units (e.g Kilometers into Miles etc.).

itsConnor_

Quote from: Dracorex on Sep 24, 2015, 03:39 PM
He said 'maths rules'. It would be much easier for me to Google "trigonometric identities" than post on here and wait for someone to post them, no? :)
Trainee & JMod July 2011-early 2012
Mod - summer 2012
Head of Hosts - December 2012 - July 2013
Steam

lioneatszebra

I don't think you need to add more sections. If someone specifies what they need, someone will be able to help. It doesn't need to be more than it is right now. It doesn't need to be even more complicated.
brb, living offline

tree43

Quote from: djkirsh on Sep 24, 2015, 07:07 PMI don't think you need to add more sections. If someone specifies what they need, someone will be able to help. It doesn't need to be more than it is right now. It doesn't need to be even more complicated.

I agree and that's why I think this isnt neccesary. It just requires people to be specific with their units, etc. I'm gonna lock this. If anyone else has anything to say message me but this wont become a thing.