Mar 28, 2024, 09:58 PM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

Mod Suggestions for The Lost Islands

Started by krillskrail, Nov 29, 2015, 02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krillskrail

There are very few useful mods in the mod pack many of the mods are decorative or just not worth starting. and there are about 4-6 mods that stand out from the other 90 mods Blood Magic, Thaum Craft, Botani, Big Reactors, and A.E2. these mods are useful but A.E2 is over before you know it and that leaves you with thaum craft which is to advanced for the common player botani (which is an amazing mod) blood magic which is extremely drawn out and big reactors which is only used till late game.

My Mod Suggestions

1. Galactic Craft- A technical mod that allows you to fly to multiple planets allowing players to be spread beyond the vanilla lands and the deep dark
2. Magical Crops- allowing newer players to get a decent pair of tool/armor set and a simple way to farm ores/elements
3. Lucky Blocks- now I can see why you wouldn't want to add this mod because of its overpowered drops and keep inventory is enabled in over-world so there really wouldn't be a down side BUT it would allow end blocks to be dropped allowing players to go to the end
4. Dynamic lights mod- unnecessary mod, mainly for aesthetics. may have incompatibility issues
5. Twilight forest- another mod allowing players to visit out side of the vanilla worlds
6. Pandora's box- will either make or break a players island.

Thank you for reading all of this

ceddy24

Galatic Craft: Even though I love this mod, I can't see it fitting in a Skyblock-themed modpack...

Magical Crops: I agree it could be easier to get yellorium or Witherskulls.

Lucky Blocks: Hmmmmm i don't know what to say to this

Dynamic Lights: If you already say it might have issues, then just forget it and spare people problems. If you really want it that bad, add it yourself. It's also Client-Side

Twilight forest: Doesn't really fit in skyblock much...

Pandora's box: No! This problem could really get out of hand sooner or later. You can't forget you only have a 150x150 area you can build in, some Pandora's Box' outputs are much larger then that. So a warded room extra for it will not help...

ardagh12

blalp

Quote from: ceddy24 on Nov 29, 2015, 09:12 AMGalatic Craft: Even though I love this mod, I can't see it fitting in a Skyblock-themed modpack...

Magical Crops: I agree it could be easier to get yellorium or Witherskulls.

Lucky Blocks: Hmmmmm i don't know what to say to this

Dynamic Lights: If you already say it might have issues, then just forget it and spare people problems. If you really want it that bad, add it yourself. It's also Client-Side

Twilight forest: Doesn't really fit in skyblock much...

Pandora's box: No! This problem could really get out of hand sooner or later. You can't forget you only have a 150x150 area you can build in, some Pandora's Box' outputs are much larger then that. So a warded room extra for it will not help...
ceddy got it. We added magical crops, the rest of them got denied when we were considering mods. If you think you have more to add, please do in the new thread.
Have a fantastic day!