Mar 28, 2024, 04:27 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

WWII Flag?

Started by Sparkle_Sun, Nov 30, 2015, 01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparkle_Sun

I have to write an essay about propaganda in WWII and the poster I am analyzing is this one:

I cannot figure out what the flag on the far left is, if it is for a country or a political party or whatnot. I identified the flag of Japan and the Nazi flag. It is just the third I cannot figure out. Does anyone know? :o

@Green_Giant

lioneatszebra

Nov 30, 2015, 01:51 AM #1 Last Edit: Nov 30, 2015, 01:54 AM by djkirsh
If it's the Axis powers then it is the Italian flag (Mussolini), but that's not what the Italian flag looked like during WWII. Some of the Italian flags had that symbol, but they also had he red and green from the Italian flag with that symbol in the white. It's either Fascism flag or Italian flag.

Since the other two flags are Japan and Germany, my guess is the third flag is Italy.

@Sparkle_Sun
brb, living offline

Sparkle_Sun

Green_Giant

Nov 30, 2015, 08:15 AM #3 Last Edit: Nov 30, 2015, 04:08 PM by Green_Giant
Just thought i'd reply here even though it's locked. If you are indeed talking about the 3 middle flags, yes, that is a symbol of fascism that Benito Mussolini used a little bit during his campaigns. Don't know much about it though, but you should be OK to just talk about how it shows the US government and it's workers cracking the tripartite pact (axis) like a nut. I think it looks unclear because it may have been done at low scale and it may have been hard for the artist to add the detail.