Apr 24, 2024, 04:39 AM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

What can we do for Lost Islands

Started by copen6199, Jan 10, 2016, 05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copen6199

Im not asking for mod suggestions, im looking for improvements or changes that that will improve game play and get more players on the server .

Any great suggestion used will receive an item from the donor shop on me. I will make a list of items you can choose from.

Any ideas welcome.

blalp

Jan 10, 2016, 05:21 PM #1 Last Edit: Jan 10, 2016, 06:21 PM by blalp
An easier spawn, it overwhelms players often.  Also any way to reduce lagg would be nice.  Maybe making the perm that gives you shop in game cheaper.  I want to get a shop, but 20$ is too much for me to pay for it.
Have a fantastic day!

stormshooter

Introduce some sort of boss to kill?

Something like, you have to collect a variety of items, then you use it to spawn a boss. Then when you defeat the boss you get a trophy or an unobtainable item?

Aymaneto

Maybe raising the money intake to 1k-1.5k would encourage people to vote more?
And i'd say to add more mods to the modpack, gives more possibilities to the players to play

dutbug

The few things players have really been asking for are having a reset for the end and the nether. The newer players can't harvest the valuables in the behest such as spawners, ores, a major loss of lava due to ender Thermic pumps, and fresh nether fortresses. I feel his change would attract more players and keep the ones we currently have interested.

Another great thing to add would be some events players could take part in instead of always working on their island. I know many other servers such as Pixelmon B-Team and Survival have many events, cool rewards, and items such as Steve Co Crates.

If it's possible to add the reaction plugin we may be able to keep the chat more alive and get players to talk to each other more often. Another thing is that players don't feel the need to donate anymore because once you get to late game everything in the shop is easy to get, even the players can fly using ichor armor and thaumcraft harnesses making the angle rings and tiaras pointless.

Lastly I know players have been wan don't a safe place to pvp other than the end and nether. They want to test out their cool weapons and shiny new armor without risking the chance of losing their items.

I hope you take some of these ideas into consideration to better our server. I would love to see Lost Islands become as populated as our other SFT servers and I will be more than happy to provide help where ever help is needed on it.

arch8ic

What about themed events? I've brought it up in-game before, but what about things that utilize certain items and/or mods to achieve. For instance, we could have like a deathmatch event in the overworld once in a while where players can PVP, or maybe something like a boss hunt (as Tera said). Fixing the end would also bring quite a few people back; I know that's been bugging people for a while now.
SFT Lost Islands Engineer!

MC_Punisher

Custom texture pack made just for lost islands.

blalp

Quote from: TeraStorm on Jan 10, 2016, 05:29 PMIntroduce some sort of boss to kill?

Something like, you have to collect a variety of items, then you use it to spawn a boss. Then when you defeat the boss you get a trophy or an unobtainable item?

In blood magic there is exactly this you summon a demon, then killing him will have a chance to drop a demon blood shard which is used in the next teir blood orb
Have a fantastic day!

arch8ic

Quote from: blalp on Jan 10, 2016, 06:16 PM
Quote from: TeraStorm on Jan 10, 2016, 05:29 PMIntroduce some sort of boss to kill?

In blood magic there is exactly this you summon a demon, then killing him will have a chance to drop a demon blood shard which is used in the next teir blood orb

I think they mean something even harder, blood magic demons are almost trivial. Maybe something that would take multiple players to kill?

blalp

Quote from: MC_Punisher on Jan 10, 2016, 06:06 PMCustom texture pack made just for lost islands.

What theme are you thinking of?  Or just one that makes things look a little unique?
Have a fantastic day!

blalp

Quote from: arch8ic on Jan 10, 2016, 06:20 PM

I think they mean something even harder, blood magic demons are almost trivial. Maybe something that would take multiple players to kill?

You can make a boss easy with command blocks, no mods needed. It has to look like a normal mob, but it can have custom health, knock back residence, items ect.  There is a nice command generator that I know of.  Tell me if you want the link.
Have a fantastic day!

ardagh12

The gaia boss does that as well.

I would recommend, perhaps, a randomly intervaled event, from 20-30 mins, which would give high level items in a certain warp, which would have keep inventory off an pvp on, but there would be chests with random, high level items.

MC_Punisher

Blab I thinking of having one made for us

ryder20676

You could lessen the lag on the server. Spawn is a little overwhelming as well maybe just put the help guide there and the spawn shop somewhere else. The spawn also is In a world by itself if you move it from that world and put it in the other, than delete the empty  wiworld it would lessen lag on the server.
Replying to aymaneto's post about adding more mods, this is harder on computers which lessens out player base because less people's computer can handle that many mods. We may even lose some of our players we already have. So I think  the mods we have are good for now.

blalp

If you want to make it harder take out some items from the spawn shop.  Only have items that are  mpossible to get otherwise there, like taint and bottles of enchanting, ect..

A PvP Arena would be very nice as well, or maybe an arena in which you could summon mobs, and fight them, such as the wither boss, custom bosses, ect.  You could have it either the mobs doesn't drop anything or they do.  This area would have keep inv on, but PvP enabled.

Also, kind of like rider mentioned we could change when you die to spawn rather than the limbo town.

Also, maybe adding a new area in which new players would go to learn about the modpack.  Pixelmon has this, and it is nice.  The only change I would make to theirs is make it less overwhelming.  We could have an area of spawn that has advanced tutorials on things also.
Have a fantastic day!

HS_destoryer

I have to strongly agree with dutbug on the nether reset.It'll help to encourage the new and existing players to keep playing and progressing.

ryder20676

Also, you should take away all items that allow you to fly so people have to donate to fly.
Maybe, you can also do some kind of larger island, for another donor item/permission in the server shop.

blalp

Normally in Modded (non island) you really don't need flying because you can always did in the the ground to go down, but on Lost islands, there is nothing to go down easily.  Waterfalls are a GIANT pain and it is very slow.  With flying, you can build down nicely.  I think that the angel ring and Flügel Tiara should be removed from the donator shop and unbanned because to build effectively you need to fly.  The limited island space forces you to build up and down.

I agree with rider in that lager islands should be added to the donator shop (we might need to make a plugin to make this work), but i think it is worth it. 

All of the stuff in the donator shop is overpriced.  If you want players to buy stuff, things need to be affordable.  Some of this stuff costs over the price of Minecraft, that is too much to ask, unless it is a VERY dedicated player.  the shop isn't being used at all, the top donator this month donated 0.00$ to the server.   If you want to earn money through this, it needs to be cheaper.
Have a fantastic day!

arch8ic

Quote from: blalp on Jan 11, 2016, 01:07 AMNormally in Modded (non island) you really don't need flying because you can always did in the the ground to go down, but on Lost islands, there is nothing to go down easily.  Waterfalls are a GIANT pain and it is very slow.  With flying, you can build down nicely.  I think that the angel ring and Flügel Tiara should be removed from the donator shop and unbanned because to build effectively you need to fly.  The limited island space forces you to build up and down.

I agree with rider in that lager islands should be added to the donator shop (we might need to make a plugin to make this work), but i think it is worth it. 

All of the stuff in the donator shop is overpriced.  If you want players to buy stuff, things need to be affordable.  Some of this stuff costs over the price of Minecraft, that is too much to ask, unless it is a VERY dedicated player.  the shop isn't being used at all, the top donator this month donated 0.00$ to the server.   If you want to earn money through this, it needs to be cheaper.

COMPLETELY agreed. Flying as is on the server, no matter if by donation or other system, is ridiculously expensive. The donator shop items also seem a bit overpriced; lowering them would encourage people to donate more, giving more revenue even though prices appear to be smaller.

Larger islands are a bit difficult considering the natural vicinity of the islands, but that's also a possibility.

The nether reset is also probably one of the most important ideas.

I still maintain that we need events to keep players hooked to the server and help bring new ones in; after a certain point of progression, everything becomes stale, and there's not much to do with the nigh limitless power you obtain. Adding custom bosses would be incredible, and larger scale events would be worthwhile.

blalp

On the larger island how it would work, I am thinking it would use the clone command (command blocks) to move the island to a spot where a double island is available, then the place is reserved.

We need to make the lost islands unique and fun.  Custom texture pack, custom mobs, events will all differentiate us from everyone else.
Have a fantastic day!

ryder20676

I agree Blalp that waterfalls are slow and a pain in the butt. But they work there is no need to have flying and for people who are lazy can buy it. I also agree that prices in donater shop are a bit high and should be lowered.

copen6199

Thanks every one for your suggestions and i will be doing alot of them

https://www.superfuntime.org/forum/index.php/topic,132463.0.html

UrinalCakeSwag

if its not too late to add anything being able to sell all kinda of metals (aluminium, lead, etc.) would be a nice. i have way too much and nothing to do with it.