Mar 28, 2024, 10:33 PM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[Survival] I'm quite stumped

Started by Towelie, Jan 21, 2016, 12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

So, I had read on the interwebs that Minecraft 1.9 was coming in December. Therefor I announced that no new features will be added to Survival, to simplify the upgrade process.
But now it turns out that 1.9 isn't out yet and it isn't certain when it will be (although everyone seems to agree on "soon").
My question is, what should I add to "kill some time" (aka get you guys to not get bored till 1.9 comes out).
A new minigame? A new plugin? Anything else?

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

kracken55

I remember a while ago on factions you had like a gun plugin. You could make a CSGO style minigame on survival. I know we are looking at one for B-Team with the flans mod.

Aymaneto

Building competitions are always fun, more events, adding more stuff to do to the furniture mod may be fun for players to play around as well. More custom plugins and so on

stormshooter

Try and open one of those new servers manager teams were working on, or relaunch tekkit?

Darren64_NY

1.9 is gonna be like the GTA V heists DLC update that never seemed to come. Other than that, only thing that keeps me engaged are events.

American_Walrus

I say do not add anything in. Generally, Mojang is reliable and stick to their word. Something just apparently went wrong. So I say stick to current plug-ins and such. Events are still a thing, we have deathmatch, mob arena, paintball, events hosted by Managers, and fun servers like hunger games and parkour no one plays. If people are bored, they should experience new things. We have plenty to do, but people like just sticking to Survival and doing the routine thing. If Mojang DOES say that it will take awhile for 1.9, then yes, add something. But for now, I say don't

JinxOnTheLoose

With new plugins, I think it's best to be patient. A lot of plugins get added then get removed because no one uses it. However, if you was to add one now and it does well in the community then 1.9 rolls up, people will be disappointed that it's not been updated or maybe even the creator ditched the plugin. I may be thinking negative, but I don't see survival needing a new plugin for now unless someone can recommend a really great one that'll engage players and the creator being active and regularly updates

Embon

I like kracken55's idea, a gun minigame would be great if possible. ^-^ :heart:

TheStarNomad✯

I can't suggest anything new as I have no ideas currently but there's always revamping that abandoned creative server and maybe having some events on there.. c;

Long time StarNomad

Green_Giant

Quote from: Dreamξηder ღ on Jan 21, 2016, 02:01 PMbut there's always revamping that abandoned creative server and maybe having some events on there.. c;
Yeah, creative revamp would be great. We all pitched in a ton of ideas for it a while back and nothing became of it in the end.

Towelie

Quote from: kracken55 on Jan 21, 2016, 01:11 PMI remember a while ago on factions you had like a gun plugin. You could make a CSGO style minigame on survival. I know we are looking at one for B-Team with the flans mod.
Problem with that plugin is, it sort of bypasses our PvP plugin xD

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Towelie

Quote from: Green_Giant on Jan 21, 2016, 02:10 PM
Quote from: Dreamξηder ღ on Jan 21, 2016, 02:01 PMbut there's always revamping that abandoned creative server and maybe having some events on there.. c;
Yeah, creative revamp would be great. We all pitched in a ton of ideas for it a while back and nothing became of it in the end.
Uh, I think @Dpa1991  or @saywhat2365 were workign on a Creative revamp. Not sure.

teddy14668

Maybe different types of competitions would help? Building Competitions would be cool, and a new community project? Like an updated /w2 or something?
Community projects could also be like a new attraction to SFT, something that new players would keep their eyes on a lot!

Tyvic

Quote from: kracken55 on Jan 21, 2016, 01:11 PMI remember a while ago on factions you had like a gun plugin. You could make a CSGO style minigame on survival. I know we are looking at one for B-Team with the flans mod.

I suggested this awhile back, maybe it can finally be a thing.

Welcome to a minigame I came up with! This is Cops and Criminals.

Both teams have an objective:

Criminals: Criminals must protect the c4 carrier at all costs. If you are the c4 carrier, you must plant the c4 at either Bomb Site 1 or Bomb Site 2, by placing it on the ground. While the c4 carrier goes to plant, the rest of the team must protect the bomb carrier as said above and kill the cops. The host can decide who to give the bomb to. If the bomb carrier is killed, criminals that are alive must search for the bomb. If the bomb on the ground despawns, the cops automatically win. So be careful! We are debating on making a team chat with SFTMMO party. If you're the c4 carrier and have planted it, say in team chat "I've planted the bomb at site (1 or 2)!" So your team knows." You have 2 minutes to plant the bomb, otherwise the cops win.

Cops: Cops must defuse the bomb with their defuser. Any cop can defuse the bomb, unlike how only the c4 carrier can plant the bomb. If the bomb carrier is killed, cops are NOT allowed to pick up the bomb. If the bomb on the ground despawns, the cops automatically win. Hosts must keep track of the bomb until it is planted or has despawned. Obviously, cops must kill the criminals they come across. If a cop has defused the bomb, the host should announce that the cops have defused the bomb and have won. Also, the cops have 40 seconds to get to the bomb and defuse it. If you run out of time, the criminals will win!

If an entire team is killed, the other team wins, so be careful!

Hope you like this idea, feel free to discuss below. If we decide to make it, it'll be AFTER the w2 reset. Donny is throwing something together, waiting to see the turnout! ;D

Have Fun,

MrRed2016 (Tyvic) :)

TheNoHeadedGuy

Those flying wing things would be awesome, you could sell them at the auto shops!

Cireshie

Jan 21, 2016, 10:09 PM #15 Last Edit: Jan 21, 2016, 10:32 PM by Cireshie
I remember we use to have weekend events on a seperate server. I remember we once had a zombie minigame where you had to kill the zombies before they got to your side and subtracted lives something similar.

I also remember a PvE minigame (with a shop to buy equipment?)

I also remember we use to have kitpvp server for a short time so we could bring that back for a week or something (although I doubt it will considering it's much like factions).

Zesty

Hmm I know it wouldn't really do anything, but just a suggestion- Brotherband and I were thinking, some of the events are kinda, not looking the best c: You can try to pretty them up a little bit, and make the /w3 world a bit bigger, better, and more layed out so you can't just see events, maybe even just one autoshop there to sell everything you need for all the different events?
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

Pookalton

I LOVED the obly Zombie minigame when you had to survive the zombie invasion on these big maps with only a few weapons and like 10 people. I was so sad when it got removed, though I can't recall why. I don't really know how to explain how it worked... but people FROM SFT made the map. Can't remember too well. Sorreh.

copen6199

Fire_Lord_Nero

Quote from: Vallith on Jan 21, 2016, 11:49 PMI LOVED the obly Zombie minigame when you had to survive the zombie invasion on these big maps with only a few weapons and like 10 people. I was so sad when it got removed, though I can't recall why. I don't really know how to explain how it worked... but people FROM SFT made the map. Can't remember too well. Sorreh.

Quote from: Cireshie on Jan 21, 2016, 10:09 PMI remember we use to have weekend events on a seperate server. I remember we once had a zombie minigame where you had to kill the zombies before they got to your side and subtracted lives something similar.

This, I believe is was /zombies and it brought you to a zombie map(brickport) with waves of zombies and honestly, it was amazing and i loved to see it come back, and i know a few others that would love to re-play it as well, *cough @mintgreen808 cough*

Dpa1991

Quote from: Fire_Lord_Nero on Jan 22, 2016, 12:14 AM
Quote from: Vallith on Jan 21, 2016, 11:49 PMI LOVED the obly Zombie minigame when you had to survive the zombie invasion on these big maps with only a few weapons and like 10 people. I was so sad when it got removed, though I can't recall why. I don't really know how to explain how it worked... but people FROM SFT made the map. Can't remember too well. Sorreh.

Quote from: Cireshie on Jan 21, 2016, 10:09 PMI remember we use to have weekend events on a seperate server. I remember we once had a zombie minigame where you had to kill the zombies before they got to your side and subtracted lives something similar.

This, I believe is was /zombies and it brought you to a zombie map(brickport) with waves of zombies and honestly, it was amazing and i loved to see it come back, and i know a few others that would love to re-play it as well, *cough @mintgreen808 cough*

I miss the zombie server, loads of fun.

Darren64_NY

Ohhh I remember this! This was very fun at the time, all you need is a couple of friends and enjoy rounds of zombies. ;)

Pookalton

Quote from: Darren64_MC on Jan 22, 2016, 01:11 AM

Ohhh I remember this! This was very fun at the time, all you need is a couple of friends and enjoy rounds of zombies. ;)

See what I mean! And yes, I forgot the name but it was Brickport! I'd love to see it come back Towelie.

JohnOaklyjohn

Hm... I heard there was talk of a prison server :> Yay or nay?

John

Towelie

Quote from: JohnOaklyjohn on Jan 22, 2016, 03:31 AMHm... I heard there was talk of a prison server :> Yay or nay?

John
Yes, It's work in progress @saywhat2365  is making it