Apr 24, 2024, 11:30 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

Super Dungeons! WIP (Suggestion)

Started by halomonA27, Jan 23, 2016, 10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

halomonA27

Jan 23, 2016, 10:50 PM Last Edit: Jan 24, 2016, 02:58 PM by halomonA27
 have been thinking about this for almost 2 weeks and still i am coming up with more ideas so changes will be expected.

These Super Dungeons (or SD for short) are custom Dungeons with Mobs, Puzzles, and Parkour They will be rated out of five for difficulty.

Example:
Puzzle 2/5
Mobs 4/5
Parkour 5/5

SD will usually be rated medium and large and will have an overall difficulty out of 15.
Teams of 4 may enter at a time and there will be a new dungeon each month. each player will have to empty their inventory and they will receive a set of armor and weapons the items allotted will be different dependent on the dungeon. each player will pick buffs and nerfs dependent on how much the dungeon calls for.

Example:
Buffs:                             Nerfs:
Armor upgrade                 No Food/No health regeneration
Weapon upgrade               Weapon downgrade
Health upgrade                 Armor downgrade
0.5 increase Treasure Drops 0.5 decrease Treasure Drops
Extra Life                         No lives

More of these are to come these are just a few cant spoil everything!
Treasure drops are a 100% on completion and each player that finishes the SD will be awarded that SD's Treasure
Each SD will be different and unique. With the super dungeons for mob variation and new items that will only be obtained able i will look into a mod or two that do not add much but items and mobs so players have a reason to play and have unique items to show off. This idea will 100% be expanded on and suggestions are wanted! I am thinking that this will be a monthly event at the start and then possibly a two week event after the setup or standard of a SD is established and we get a wrap around how everything will work. There will be 3 stages of loot the Boss kill, the Treasure, and the hidden loot. the boss loot will just be an item the player that kills the boss gets or who ever gets the drop first, the Treasure loot will be in the room that you have to unlock after killing the boss and each player will get 1/4 of the loot, and the hidden loot will be first come first serve to who ever may find it. In cases that the SD has a preset nerf of no lives and a player dies they will not be awarded the Treasure loot and will only be able to keep what they saved at a check point (vanilla ender chest). There is a possibility that the SD will have a checkpoint where you can store your new goodies but not all will and you may have to pick the right path to get to one in some cases, the number of check points will be stated in the debrief book you will receive in your kit. The Book will have a short story of what you will encounter and some advice about the SD but i would not always trust the book it may not lead you in the correct direction. But who knows should you trust the only information you are given? There is no way to prepare for this you either leave dead with nothing or with your pockets full of Treasure. The Dungeon Awaits!

-A27

Edit: Think of it as the castle from Mario where there are puzzles, parkour, secret places and collecting coins then you fight a boss at the end of the and collect your treasure not individual activities.

krillskrail

Halo you GENIUS
~

*Puzzles would be amazing for starters to get a little boost in there game play, although we do not wanna make the rewards to great also we should put a time on it for how many times a day or week they can do each individual puzzle

*a mob arena may go well it would depend on the difficulty and quantity of the mobs, maybe add a boss in the mix but i really don't see this being implemented to the lost islands division

*Parkour would be an amazing pass-time on the server we can make 3 difficulties (easy, mediocre, and hard) obviously with there own rewards. we can use this as an additional option to output currency to the lost community.

*In my opinion most of these ideas would go great with the server. Great job on building the pvp arena btw <3

-Krill

iLaxrv10

Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

blalp

Have a fantastic day!

arch8ic

SFT Lost Islands Engineer!

halomonA27

copen6199

seems like a ton of manual work or a custom plugin. Either way i dont thing its feasible.

halomonA27

Quote from: copen6199 on Jan 25, 2016, 09:28 PMseems like a ton of manual work or a custom plugin. Either way i dont thing its feasible.
im willing to put in the work im sure 1krill and arch8ic would too. what if we made one in a week that was 100% operational? @copen6199

halomonA27

i was thinking we could put players in adventure mode and that may solve alot of the problems

krillskrail

I would gladdly help out if this build is put in place @halomonA27

IamHerrow