Mar 29, 2024, 10:23 AM

News:

Please vote for us daily!

PVP arena plugin suggestion

Started by Shmipper, Jan 25, 2016, 05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shmipper

Jan 25, 2016, 05:05 AM Last Edit: Jan 25, 2016, 11:24 PM by Shmipper
Hey everyone! I am here to talk about my suggestion about a new plugin for the new PVP arena!

Plugin name:
SFTBet

What I'm thinking it will do:
It will allow people in the PVP arena CROWD to bet on the players that are fighting in the arena below.
Optional: Possible add a GUI - please leave ideas for this as I don't know how it would work.

How it will work:
Let's say that if "Player1" and "Player2" want to fight and there are people who are either waiting to battle, are bored or just want to see a quick match (or maybe just exploring the beautifully designed arena).
The people in the crowd will type "/bet" or something similar, and this will bring up either a list of commands that you could do (see Commands) or throw a syntax error stating that you have to type "/bet <amount> <player1> <player2> (optional: <player3> <player4>)"

Blalp's (possible) fix for the exploit that Copen found (scroll down a bit to find their comments):
"Copen, we could make it where all the money that is bet goes into a pot, then the people that were correct get a piece of that pot. No money added.  The only money in circulation would be the people who bet, no more money would circulate"

If anyone wants to think of more/better fixes, I'll add them here!

Commands:
As stated in the previous section, the syntax error would work but would have less effect.
The syntax error could also direct you to the first command in the list: /bet help

/bet help
What this does is generate a list of the commands in the SFTBet plugin.
Description:
Shows this help menu!

/bet <amount> <player1> (vs) <player2> (optional: <player3> <player4>
Note: The person you're betting for is first in the player list - if I want to bet for the player "Shmipper", then I will put it like this: /bet <amount> <Shmipper> <dutbug>
Description:
Places a bet on the first player listed!

Feel free to suggest more commands that would be helpful to the plugin!

Admin Commands:

/disable bets
Pretty obvious what this one does.

Feel free to suggest more admin commands that would be helpful to the plugin!

That's about it for the plugin suggestion! I will edit this regularly to state the suggestions that I/the community think will be good for the plugin.

Changelog:

1/25/2016: - Created this suggestion!
1/26/2016: - Copen pointed out an exploit
                   - Blalp suggested a method around the exploit (added to "How it will work" section)

iLaxrv10

Actually a really really awesome idea Shmipper. @copen6199 - can something like this be created? o.O
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

blalp

I don't see any reason why it couldn't be created.
Have a fantastic day!

copen6199

as i think think this is a well thought out idea there is a way to exploit it.

Player1 and player2 both bet on player 2 to win for 1000 emp. Player1 lets him kill him to gain emp. Both players would gain emp and exploit it.

Ill see if i can come up with a way for it to work and if fear wants to make it.

Either way great idea :)

halomonA27

love the idea and thanks for the complement :)

blalp

Copen we could make it where all the money that is bet goes into a pot, then the people that were correct get a piece of that pot. No money added.  The only money in circulation would be the people who bet, no more money would circulate
Have a fantastic day!