Mar 28, 2024, 07:34 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Studying Tips :O

Started by American_Walrus, Feb 02, 2016, 03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

American_Walrus

I've had some trouble studying lately, and I was wondering of you guys had some good tips for studying. It can be flashcards, all that, I just want to see if you guys have anything creative/useful in mind. :D

iLaxrv10

:slimeball: Study for 20-50 minutes at a time then take 10-15 minute breaks.
 :slimeball: Chew gum while studying then chew that same flavor and brand of gum during the test
 :slimeball: Study for the hard subjects right before bed, literally. You retain the information better before bed.

Hope these helped!  :)
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Sparkle_Sun

1- Read through your notes and highlight anything you still need to learn
2- Phone in the other room, don't kid yourself.
3- Quizlet.
4- If you get study-guides, take 2 and fill the first one out using notes. Do the second one the night before the test and see if you can fill out the entire thing without looking at notes.
5- See if there's any songs about the topic on YouTube or something. Songs about the brain and it's functions, something like that. (The brain song helped me in Bio, I have no shame.)  
6- If you cannot remember a term, make a hint for yourself. Ex. Trying to learn el gato is cat, gato is like gate, and you gate up your pets. Something totally weird, but as long as it makes sense to you, it can help you remember.
7- Talk to yourself while you study, it can help get your thoughts organized.
8- Search online for exercises, review games, study sheets, etc.

TheStarNomad✯

Only learn the stuff that you know you really need to know, as most tests will just be random stuff and nothing in textbooks and whatever seems to actually be in it xd unless that's just me

Also, make sure you're happy during a test because that seems to help.

Long time StarNomad

Green_Giant

Varies depending on the subject, but for non art based subjects i've found that clear and organised notes are extremely important. The moment I had an organised notebook, where the writing was neat and and it was easy to read, my grades went up. I also recommend past papers, do as much of these possible, you can't get closer than them to the real thing so get all the practice you can get. Talk to your teacher about where to source these.

ochoaj

:diamond: DO NOT CRAM. Study slowly and take your time.
:diamond: Try and find ways to relate a term/word to something you know already. (cognitive relation)
:diamond: Take breaks. Study for 20-30 minutes, then go for a walk or do something else productive.
:diamond: Listen to relaxing music, preferably music without words so that you can concentrate.
:diamond: Be comfortable. Take off your jeans and get into your sweats so that you feel good while you study.
:diamond: If you're tired, take a quick nap. Studying while you're tired does not work very well.
:diamond: Have some snack too. It's not good to study and be hungry or full. Stay right in the middle.

Hope these help!  :steve:
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
― Benjamin Franklin

dutbug

:slimeball: Focus only on the topic at hand and take a break only if felt needed.
 :slimeball: If you are using flashcards try saying the answer out loud instead of in your head. Its more likely you will remember what the answer it when taking the test.
 :slimeball: Review the information daily until the day of the test.
 :slimeball: Study how you prefer to study whether it is with music or complete silence. Try out different things until you have something that suites your needs.
 :slimeball: Lastly the hardest one. Avoid playing Minecraft or any other type of game when studying, because chances are the game will win over your attention.

Hope these tips  helped  :laugh: