Apr 19, 2024, 05:27 AM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Problem

Started by Towelie, Feb 10, 2016, 05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormshooter

Quote from: Brightpkz on Feb 11, 2016, 08:00 PMI feel like things servers like hunger games could be promoted more as a singular server. That'd probably attract YouTubers to check it out and promote SFT more.

Hunger Games could involve donator items like
Start-up kits
Next item-drop locator
Ranks
Access to iron upon startup
More food during startup
etc.

I feel like games like Hunger Games or Draw My Thing or just servers with self-hosting games that could end quickly are the way to go. This enables YouTubers to film greater content in shorter periods of time, attracting more viewers bringing more attention to SFT. Then, using the attention, the rest of the server could be promoted.

Currently revamping hungergames, I'll talk to saywhat about adding donations.

willhill2000

prison would bring in alot of money if you made it so you can buy like [Special] Rank..

update on prison?

Lady_Laqueesha

Towelie, This sure is sad to hear.  I have been trying to buy premium shop items for my kids and many of them are subscribers now. I know this isn't much but whatever I can afford I will do my best. We love this server and its amazing staff so I hope things get better.

Sincerely,

Lady_Laqueesha

iFlirt

@Towelie quite honestly I don't think the server is lacking donations. I think people aren't worried about getting stuff in the game during the school year and i think that donation count will really boost up during the summer. But I will agree when you say that they are a little low.
Lost Islands Elder

Tyvic

You name the problem, I fix the problem

RallyReaper

Quote from: TheHuntingHunter on Feb 12, 2016, 03:43 AMThe issue is that Super Fun Time's target demographic is, seemingly, children and young teens. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that those age groups accurately portray the server's populations. This population of children and young teens, accompanied with the fact that some of the items on the Premium Shop cost a ridiculous amount (especially since the items/perks included are far from worth it), is an obvious recipe for revenue loss. In addition, most children and teenagers don't even own credit cards, so they never even consider donating.

You also have to take into account that all of your current servers are Minecraft servers which, as of 2013, has a player-base consisting of 43% of players 15-21 years of age and 20.6% of players below the age of 15 (source). Another issue that added salt to the wound was the introduction Mojang's new EULA policy of 2014, which severely limited server monetization (this is not your fault, however.)

All this being said, I think the real solution to the issue would be to branch out and become more of a gaming community again instead of a Minecraft-based gaming hub. I understand that previous attempts have been made to branch out Super Fun Time, but I do feel that with proper handling and advertisements, Super Fun Time can have successful gaming servers outside of Minecraft. Some servers that come to mind that were relatively successful and not Minecraft include Garry's Mod TTT and DayZ. Perhaps with more effort put into servers such as those, Super Fun Time can branch out and collect revenue from other sources and games.

Honestly some servers would be a great idea, and i like the idea of dayz but afraid it might flop still. cause the problems we had last time, such as issues with staff, Lack of ability to advertise it, no banner, No donation interface for the website, no donations added, no trust between staff for the most part, and the fact that there was more messing around then helping.

I personally wouldn't haven't a single issue setting up another dayz mod server for sft at all as it's alway's fun. But we'd definally need the following: A staff team of moderators and few owners, Ability to add a donation interface for the website like most servers have, Updated Anticheat plugin (which is like 50-60$ but i already own a copy from when i was in a dayz group years ago) Active staff members, Redux of the admin panel to remove abusive abilitys (which i now know how to do after talking to the creator and he helped me understand it) and ofc active advertising. (I don't mean paid advertising, but it would help, but i mean multiple staff working together to post it on different dayz advertising sites...)

But other games that could work is pretty much ANY survival game. Dont starve together is one, rust, dayz mod (Standalone don't have the ability to do a self sustaining server yet).

But yeah. I've been saying for a while that expanding sft into a gaming group with more then just minecraft is a RISKY move. BUT... If it worked, The community would thrive and florish with no problems most likey minus the usual stuff like downtime, ddoser's and other stuff.

But it'd be cool.

BattleAxium

Quote from: RallyReaper on Feb 12, 2016, 06:46 AMHonestly some servers would be a great idea, and i like the idea of dayz but afraid it might flop still. cause the problems we had last time, such as issues with staff, Lack of ability to advertise it, no banner, No donation interface for the website, no donations added, no trust between staff for the most part, and the fact that there was more messing around then helping.

I personally wouldn't haven't a single issue setting up another dayz mod server for sft at all as it's alway's fun. But we'd definally need the following: A staff team of moderators and few owners, Ability to add a donation interface for the website like most servers have, Updated Anticheat plugin (which is like 50-60$ but i already own a copy from when i was in a dayz group years ago) Active staff members, Redux of the admin panel to remove abusive abilitys (which i now know how to do after talking to the creator and he helped me understand it) and ofc active advertising. (I don't mean paid advertising, but it would help, but i mean multiple staff working together to post it on different dayz advertising sites...)

But other games that could work is pretty much ANY survival game. Dont starve together is one, rust, dayz mod (Standalone don't have the ability to do a self sustaining server yet).

But yeah. I've been saying for a while that expanding sft into a gaming group with more then just minecraft is a RISKY move. BUT... If it worked, The community would thrive and florish with no problems most likey minus the usual stuff like downtime, ddoser's and other stuff.

But it'd be cool.

Just saying ArmA 2 DayZ mod isn't a thing anymore. It's now ArmA 3 Exile or Desolation that are popular. We had a rust server but it wasn't maintained, so it failed completely. So if you want to setup any server that's relevant then you need a copy of ArmA 3. Otherwise you're wasting your time.

BritanniaRules

Quote from: Lucazade13 on Feb 10, 2016, 05:30 PMI honestly think super fun time needs to branch out more on its minigames aspect. (Self hosting games)

Most of these popular servers are popular because of Youtubers.
Youtubers are popular because of content.
Content is entertaining.
This content is usually a competitive game. (As people mostly like fails and wins) A.k.A a self hosted game

Therefore make something that is entertaining to watch AND play.
Then players and Youtubers will enjoy playing here more.

Note:I'm not saying get rid of survival or our modpack servers, I'm just suggesting a games approach.

I couldn't agree more Lucazade13... but unfortunately its been said over and over again for years and nothing every happens... I watch my 2 boys play (or watch on YouTube) MC games server all the time and that is what the large % of people are doing on Minecraft these days... if you don't believe me try the thing called Google and search for "Minecraft videos" - you tell me what you see? is it people building stuff or is it people playing games?
Survival is great (if you like it) but MANY people don't and the W3 games area just isn't staffed enough, to be a successful games area it should have at least 2EH staff hosting games 24/7. Why have a games area that is nothing more than a glorified example of what could be fun to play!

RallyReaper

Quote from: BattleAxium on Feb 12, 2016, 12:59 PM
Quote from: RallyReaper on Feb 12, 2016, 06:46 AMHonestly some servers would be a great idea, and i like the idea of dayz but afraid it might flop still. cause the problems we had last time, such as issues with staff, Lack of ability to advertise it, no banner, No donation interface for the website, no donations added, no trust between staff for the most part, and the fact that there was more messing around then helping.

But it'd be cool.

Just saying ArmA 2 DayZ mod isn't a thing anymore. It's now ArmA 3 Exile or Desolation that are popular. We had a rust server but it wasn't maintained, so it failed completely. So if you want to setup any server that's relevant then you need a copy of ArmA 3. Otherwise you're wasting your time.

Actually. arma 2 dayz mod is a thing still. and it's popular. granite youtubers don't really do it anymore, but dayz mod is still just as popular if not more popular then arma 3 things. Youtubers are doing arma 3 and in turn fanboys think that arma 3 is doing better, but arma 3 takes more requirements such as more money for the game, expensive servers, and lack of fun mods. where are arma 2 has much of the same, but cheaper and less requirements, if arma 2 servers wouldn't work, then neither would a arma 3 server. just putting that out there. cause they are mostly the same.

IPwnCreeps

Quote from: RallyReaper on Feb 13, 2016, 12:46 AM
Quote from: BattleAxium on Feb 12, 2016, 12:59 PM

But it'd be cool.

Actually. arma 2 dayz mod is a thing still. and it's popular. granite youtubers don't really do it anymore, but dayz mod is still just as popular if not more popular then arma 3 things. Youtubers are doing arma 3 and in turn fanboys think that arma 3 is doing better, but arma 3 takes more requirements such as more money for the game, expensive servers, and lack of fun mods. where are arma 2 has much of the same, but cheaper and less requirements, if arma 2 servers wouldn't work, then neither would a arma 3 server. just putting that out there. cause they are mostly the same.

To be completely honest, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. After gamespy stopped supporting arma 2 servers, it lost a LOT of popularity. The only popular Arma 2 Dayz servers are highly modded and practically a monopoly. Only big communities that have lots of other servers still host successful Arma 2 servers, and mostly because they can afford to due to revenue of their other server donations. There's no way Arma 2 dayz is more popular than Arma 3 servers. Also, have you ever even taken a look at 1/100th of the mods made for Arma 3? Things like desolation are practically a 1:1 remake of the original Dayz mod. Server prices for Arma 3 are really not that much more than Arma 2, and arma 2 servers are usually cheaper because nobody buys them. Arma 3 has gained much more popularity and has much more potential than Arma 2, and if you think that just because Arma 2 servers in the past have failed an Arma 3 server would fail, I really don't know what to tell you. They are not the same game, Arma 3 is much more advanced, with better servers, better mods, more advanced mods, more advanced weapons/vehicles, and overall smoother and better gameplay. Not to mention that many mod developers and people who create launchers to download mods for Arma 2 are discontinuing their projects, meaning less and less support and development for Arma 2. The reason Arma 3 takes a better system than Arma 2 is because its a more advanced game. You can't just sit in the past and complain about every game that doesn't run on a 300$ PC. Overall, if we were to host servers for Arma 2 we'd be competing with some of the biggest and most popular communities that have years of experience with Arma 2. In Arma 3, theres a much larger population of smaller community servers than that of Arma 2. I've seen communities form and thrive from scratch off of things like Arma 3 Exile and Altis life as their only server. 

Towelie

I hate it how every topic I made asking for help or feedback involves "start a dayz server" " :|
You mean the same dayz server which made me waste a lot of time with zero benefits? The same server that didn't even make $1 and only caused drama and drama all over again over admin abuse?

If we do make a dayz server, I have learned one lesson: There will be NO staff on that server. And that is a huge IF.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

IPwnCreeps

Quote from: Towelie on Feb 13, 2016, 11:38 AMI hate it how every topic I made asking for help or feedback involves "start a dayz server" " :|
You mean the same dayz server which made me waste a lot of time with zero benefits? The same server that didn't even make $1 and only caused drama and drama all over again over admin abuse?

If we do make a dayz server, I have learned one lesson: There will be NO staff on that server. And that is a huge IF.
Agreed. If we couldn't make a single dollar when DayZ was at its peak, Its highly unlikely we'd be able to make money when DayZ is dying out.

Aelia Angel

I cant donate due to my moms restrictions, but i will vote!
Former Pocket Mod
If you fail, fail foward. Don't be the victim of the hard times. This is what it takes to be successful.

SuperJK

Ill want Captian Sparkles to Re-Join SFT

/warp SteveCoMuseum

SuperJK

Quote from: Towelie on Feb 13, 2016, 11:38 AMI hate it how every topic I made asking for help or feedback involves "start a dayz server" " :|

What's Dayz Towelie

/warp SteveCoMuseum

SuperJK

Quote from: TheHuntingHunter on Feb 12, 2016, 03:43 AMThe issue is that Super Fun Time's target demographic is, seemingly, children and young teens. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that those age groups accurately portray the server's populations. This population of children and young teens, accompanied with the fact that some of the items on the Premium Shop cost a ridiculous amount (especially since the items/perks included are far from worth it), is an obvious recipe for revenue loss. In addition, most children and teenagers don't even own credit cards, so they never even consider donating.

You also have to take into account that all of your current servers are Minecraft servers which, as of 2013, has a player-base consisting of 43% of players 15-21 years of age and 20.6% of players below the age of 15 (source). Another issue that added salt to the wound was the introduction Mojang's new EULA policy of 2014, which severely limited server monetization (this is not your fault, however.)

All this being said, I think the real solution to the issue would be to branch out and become more of a gaming community again instead of a Minecraft-based gaming hub. I understand that previous attempts have been made to branch out Super Fun Time, but I do feel that with proper handling and advertisements, Super Fun Time can have successful gaming servers outside of Minecraft. Some servers that come to mind that were relatively successful and not Minecraft include Garry's Mod TTT and DayZ. Perhaps with more effort put into servers such as those, Super Fun Time can branch out and collect revenue from other sources and games.
Well I am an early teen and I just think that we can get rid of swearing because most popular servers dont let u swear and there are Children on SFT but I Think we may be more popular if we remove swearing I know people who watch adult shows on SFT but I think this should be banned because most POPULAR Servers have Anti swear so if u say a word itll turn out as ****

/warp SteveCoMuseum

SuperJK

Quote from: SuperJK on Mar 04, 2016, 11:04 PM

You also have to take into account that all of your current servers are Minecraft servers which, as of 2013, has a player-base consisting of 43% of players 15-21 years of age and 20.6% of players below the age of 15 (source). Another issue that added salt to the wound was the introduction Mojang's new EULA policy of 2014, which severely limited server monetization (this is not your fault, however.) [quote\]

Well I am an early teen and I just think that we can get rid of swearing because most popular servers dont let u swear and there are Children on SFT but I Think we may be more popular if we remove swearing I know people who watch adult shows on SFT but I think this should be banned because most POPULAR Servers have Anti swear so if u say a word itll turn out as **** and with the donating i recommend if we just make stuff cheaper and children and Teens can vote like i do /vote because my parents will be like "WHAT FOR!" a rank perk ect

/warp SteveCoMuseum

IPwnCreeps

Quote from: SuperJK on Mar 04, 2016, 10:59 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Feb 13, 2016, 11:38 AM-snip-
What's Dayz Towelie
Google is your friend.

Quote from: TheHuntingHunter on Feb 12, 2016, 03:43 AM-snip-
Well I am an early teen and I just think that we can get rid of swearing because most popular servers dont let u swear and there are Children on SFT but I Think we may be more popular if we remove swearing I know people who watch adult shows on SFT but I think this should be banned because most POPULAR Servers have Anti swear so if u say a word itll turn out as ****
Swearing isn't a problem and the rules put into place currently regarding it are perfectly fine. If you're not old enough to be exposed to swear words, you probably shouldn't be on the internet, or at least turn chat off. Popular servers didn't become popular because they don't allow swearing.

American_Walrus

Quote from: SuperJK on Mar 04, 2016, 11:04 PMWell I am an early teen and I just think that we can get rid of swearing because most popular servers dont let u swear and there are Children on SFT but I Think we may be more popular if we remove swearing I know people who watch adult shows on SFT but I think this should be banned because most POPULAR Servers have Anti swear so if u say a word itll turn out as ****
Honestly, that would be a new plugin, more lag, and something pointless just to please (at most) several people. It doesn't matter what popular servers do, this is our server, with our people. If people can't stand looking at the occasional swear word, turn your chat off. It's a group of somewhat (not really) mature people, and we will swear time to time.

TeamRoofusHead

I'd have to agree with making it so one cannot swear because I am quite young and have been bullied being called a p*ssy and little sh*the before

Lucy_23x

Quote from: TeamRoofusHead on Mar 05, 2016, 04:40 AMI'd have to agree with making it so one cannot swear because I am quite young and have been bullied being called a p*ssy and little sh*the before
When was this?

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

PandaPugz

Mar 05, 2016, 09:09 AM #71 Last Edit: Mar 05, 2016, 09:21 AM by PandaPugz

About the swearing thing, that's why we have staff. To monitor the amount of swearing on the server. It's okay to say the odd word but if it's said about 3 times in one sentence then it's a problem for the staff the handle. Also, if we had an anti swear bot i think it'd annoy me so much id just leave. Anti swear would bring younger children to sft however the older players would get annoyed with the anti swear cuz they swear a bit.

PandaPugz

Quote from: TeamRoofusHead on Mar 05, 2016, 04:40 AMI'd have to agree with making it so one cannot swear because I am quite young and have been bullied being called a p*ssy and little sh*the before
M8, I get bullied and called all the names under the sun. Yet I still swear like a sailor xD

Lucy_23x

If youtubers help the server, this is only a suggestion, but couldn't t@Towelie try and make a YouTube video about the server himself? I have no idea how it would work though if this happens

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

TeamRoofusHead

I am a youtuber, I can help, with lots of  :heart:  to the server. I went on for a bit, it's awsome.