Mar 28, 2024, 10:48 AM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Network] Important Announcement

Started by Towelie, Feb 15, 2016, 01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Feb 15, 2016, 01:56 PM Last Edit: Feb 15, 2016, 02:07 PM by Towelie

As some of you may have noticed, we have replaced our Lobby.
Why? Instead of using a lobby server, we decided to move the lobby on Survival (way up high in a portion of World 3).
All new joining players will basically join on Survival, in the lobby (/warp lobby), where they will be able to choose a server. If they choose Survival, they will be taken to World1's spawn, if they choose another server they will be taken there.
I would like to thank @camster65 and @TeraStorm for their awesome help and building this lobby.

Benefits of this system:
- New players no longer join an empty server where there is no activity
- They will join in an active, friendly environment where they can easily get help by asking for it
- A bit higher chance of players that would normally quit immediately to stay. As they may now be able to get answers to their questions

Things to keep in mind:
- The number of new joins that you see on Survival will grow. This is normal, please don't panic!
- New players will hear you when you greet them but may not reply as they are talking in local chat, in World 3 (which cannot be heard from World 1). Also include telling them to use /sh for global messages in your greeting messages!
- Seing as survival is the de-facto lobby, you can no longer do /lobby from survival (but it still works from other servers). For that /l has been created (which effectively takes you to /warp lobby).
So if you see a player on Survival asking how to get to the lobby, tell them to use /l for this time and /lobby in general (aka when they are on any server but Survival)

Servers Kept:
- Survival
- Creative
- Parkour
- Hunger Games

Servers Kept but not advertised:
- lobbydev (for attraction world, it is now deprecate and will be removed, but should still be usable, but only works as /server lobbydev)
- missile (for events and eventhost usage)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Tyvic

Suggestion @Towelie, make it so you can be heard from local in /w3. As you may know new players don't always do what you tell them, and may ask questions in local. They will quit because nobody will answer, because of local chat.

Towelie

Quote from: MrRed2016 on Feb 15, 2016, 02:07 PMSuggestion @Towelie, make it so you can be heard from local in /w3. As you may know new players don't always do what you tell them, and may ask questions in local. They will quit because nobody will answer, because of local chat.
Not possible unless @fearthe1337 modifies AreaChat

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Doctor_Thanos

Feb 15, 2016, 02:25 PM #3 Last Edit: Feb 15, 2016, 04:36 PM by Thanos
That's someting really great! I couldn't agree more to the fact that logging on an empty place could easily encourage many players to leave the server.

cravend

Quote from: Towelie on Feb 15, 2016, 02:08 PM
Quote from: MrRed2016 on Feb 15, 2016, 02:07 PMSuggestion @Towelie, make it so you can be heard from local in /w3. As you may know new players don't always do what you tell them, and may ask questions in local. They will quit because nobody will answer, because of local chat.
If he's going to modify areachat, a better idea would try and make just the lobby area global. That way, all the event chatter won't automatically go into global.
Thanks to Mewiebowie for the spectacular avatar!

American_Walrus

Cool beans. In the time I'm around in minechat and crap, I'll help those people out in w3.

Cr1_98

Awesome work, everyone involved! :D :D :D

eye_nine

misspiggy95

After getting stuck in the portals a few times I love how the new lobby turned out!
Great job to Camster and Tera, and cant wait to see more new faces!:)

Melons are love. Melons are life

stormshooter

PandaPugz

Urm, when I do /w3, instead of taking me to the normal spawn in w3, it takes me to the new lobby...

nicholiplays

i think it'd be better if the barriers were removed :/ its too crowded-ish.
me after hitting a fat bong:

Cireshie

If you fall during the parkour, you can't get up without fly or a warp. Most newcomers don't know any commands and that's the impression they get from SFT.

Missing barrier blocks all over.

I'm not sure if it matters, but there are random buildings around the spawn that may seem unprofessional.

Quote from: NicholasPlays on Feb 15, 2016, 10:16 PMi think it'd be better if the barriers were removed :/ its too crowded-ish.
Or push them out farther than just the path. I feel like I'm in a maze where I hit an 'edge' every 5 blocks.

Izzdaer

Quote from: Cireshie on Feb 15, 2016, 10:28 PMOr push them out farther than just the path. I feel like I'm in a maze where I hit an 'edge' every 5 blocks.

yes.

ochoaj

Quote from: cravend on Feb 15, 2016, 02:48 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Feb 15, 2016, 02:08 PM
If he's going to modify areachat, a better idea would try and make just the lobby area global. That way, all the event chatter won't automatically go into global.

This is a fantastic idea. People will leave if they don't understand that people outside of the World 3 Local Chat can't hear them.  :steve:
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
― Benjamin Franklin

Green_Giant

Quote from: PandaPugz on Feb 15, 2016, 09:38 PMUrm, when I do /w3, instead of taking me to the normal spawn in w3, it takes me to the new lobby...
Yeah, i'm assuming this an error? The whole point of doing /w3 is so it takes you to the gamingworld, not the lobby. @Towelie

Doctor_Thanos

The change on how many players join is quite visible. There are about 2-3 joins every 10 minutes when the server is full! Good job Guys! :D

SuperJK

I Can post the lobby in a Realistic looking way by using a High-quality texture pack and Seus shaders

/warp SteveCoMuseum

Towelie

Quote from: Thanos on Feb 16, 2016, 04:37 AMThe change on how many players join is quite visible. There are about 2-3 joins every 10 minutes when the server is full! Good job Guys! :D
That's also due to us being promoted on a voting site
http://www.minepick.com/

eye_nine

Quote from: PandaPugz on Feb 15, 2016, 09:38 PMUrm, when I do /w3, instead of taking me to the normal spawn in w3, it takes me to the new lobby...

Must be an error, /w3 is supposed to take you to the gaming world.

PandaPugz

Quote from: Green_Giant on Feb 16, 2016, 01:44 AM
Yeah, i'm assuming this an error? The whole point of doing /w3 is so it takes you to the gamingworld, not the lobby. @Towelie
Fixed now :)

eye_nine

Quote from: Izzdaer on Feb 15, 2016, 10:46 PM
Quote from: Cireshie on Feb 15, 2016, 10:28 PMOr push them out farther than just the path. I feel like I'm in a maze where I hit an 'edge' every 5 blocks.

yes.

Agreed.

eye_nine

Quote from: PandaPugz on Feb 16, 2016, 01:56 PM
Quote from: Green_Giant on Feb 16, 2016, 01:44 AM
Fixed now :)

Cool! :D

NutellaToastx