Apr 25, 2024, 11:07 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

What do you collect?

Started by Towelie, Apr 22, 2016, 09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Seing as the "let's get to know each other" post was a huge success, I'd like to continue that series.
For now, I would like to ask you, what do you collect? Whether it's bottlecaps or retro consoles or stamps, it's bound to be interesting for some!

I'll start. I like collecting retro stuff.
Retro Handheld Console collection (Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, Sega Game Gear, Neo Geo Pocket Color) ( i am missing gameboy pocket, gameboy color, gameboy advance sp, atari lynx and some more obscure ones that im not sure I want  such as the tigercom , and the nec turbofx)
Polaroid Cameras (SX-70, SX-70 Sonar, Polaroid 600 Series)
3dFX Graphics cards (Voodoo 5 5500 PCI, Voodoo 2, Voodoo 1 - i had more but I sold them when I needed money)

And then mention the most important piece of your collection.
For me this would be the Voodoo 5 5500 PCI. It's the world's first dual gpu graphics card and it's an oddity and somewhat rare. They went for $100-$300 on ebay but now it's extremely hard to get by one. I am holding on to it for when it will be worth more than that xD

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

calfrokrill

I like collecting NRL jerseys and balls from over time.
I like collecting Nintendo stuff too.
I also collect rare things, randomly.

The highest valued things I have are:

Captain Cook's Bible. (worth 1.231mil)
And a 1921 St George Dragons jersey. (worth $981,000)

PurpleShlong

About once a wee I go for walks on the beach with my fiancé and we collect sea shells, her favorite are the sunrise shells. A personal collection I've had for awhile is collecting old vintage film cameras along with new ones but man those old ones produce amazing film. Aside from that, something odd I've started to collect are funky sunglasses for when I'm hiking in snow or the desert. Check out NorhternLightOptics and let me know what you think of them haha.

By far my favorite collection has to be found in my wine cellar. Drink to health mates

SuperJK

I collect Nintendo Items

I also collect Minecraft Minifigures

I also collect Amiibos Cards statues ect

And I loooove collecting geeky stuff too!

/warp SteveCoMuseum

JinxOnTheLoose

I collect figurines and plushies. :3

Nothing really special about it, but my favourite is my Sailor Moon figure.

BloodQueenRazlc

,I collect Hats🎩👒🎓
I collect pokėmon cards
That's it

Katherine

Nintendo merchandise, such as amiibos, plushes, keyrings etc.

Theme park merchandise, such as resins, hoodies, keyrings etc.

TheStarNomad✯

I collect random plush animals and such, and some other random stuff

I guess my prize piece is a packet of crisps from 2009

Long time StarNomad

xJade

I collect ANY memory card/usb i've ever used c: I currently have a box filled with them. I also have a lot of broken discs.

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

Bug

Apr 22, 2016, 01:04 PM #9 Last Edit: Apr 22, 2016, 04:06 PM by Bugman657
I collect glass soda bottles. My best piece is a vintage Coke bottle from Israel. I also collect squished pennies and I almost have a full collection of Halo Games, My favorite being Halo Reach.
-If life gives you lemons, make grape juice. Then sit back, and let the world wonder how you did it.

maxwolf28

I used to collect nerf guns and lego sets. I have over $3,000 worth of nerf guns over a very long time, i stopped because it got too expensive and they didn't have any new guns i liked. I have over $4,000 worth of lego sets over around the same amount of time, i would like to still collect them and build them but they also cost too much now.

calfrokrill

Quote from: maxwolf28 on Apr 22, 2016, 02:04 PMI used to collect nerf guns and lego sets. I have over $3,000 worth of nerf guns over a very long time, i stopped because it got too expensive and they didn't have any new guns i liked. I have over $4,000 worth of lego sets over around the same amount of time, i would like to still collect them and build them but they also cost too much now.

I used to have a tonne of Lego when I was little. XD I used to save up money :P

Lucy_23x

Could of months ago I decided to start collecting those small clay painted fancy dragon sculptures, standing on rocks or swords or something.
I have 4.
They're so expensive but eh, it's a start
My Favorite is a blue-purple one which has a broken face cause I dropped it like 5 minutes after I bought it.
When I was younger I collected rocks and drew faces on them.
I also collect random crap. Got this yellow hamster thingy which I think is from pokemon but hey idk I've got it xd

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Darren64_NY

Coins. I collected all 50 U.S states' unique quarter.

misspiggy95

I collect shells:o
I have always had a huge interest in the beach, and ever since I was young I have collected shells. My room is beach themed, and my next tattoo has to do with the beach as well.

Melons are love. Melons are life

Bug

Quote from: Darren64_NY on Apr 22, 2016, 03:54 PMCoins. I collected all 50 U.S states' unique quarter.
Same
-If life gives you lemons, make grape juice. Then sit back, and let the world wonder how you did it.

KasaiHono

I used to collect comics with my brother till he got older and grew out of it.
The key to betterment is in acceptance of yourself- Fireblaze 2014

Is it a Salamence standing on a Salamence shooting Salamence shaped fireballs- KasaiHono 2015
I LIKE TO ROAR!!!!! -KasaiHono 2015
I<3Dragunov(My salamence)

henrywclayton

I collect Lego and camping/survivalist things
My fave Lego set is the collectors adition y wing star fighter, and the most valuble is some old Lego 7+ series sets
My fave survivalist thing is a best grylls folding locking sheath knife and my most expensive is a hiking tent, stats: 2 man, 1.2kg, 1 pole, 5000mm water resistant (how much has to land on a square meter of tent in one go befor water comes through)

Ryan1478

I collect pokemon cards
Coins
Rocks
and iPad cases

Groot_69

I collect A LOT of groot Item's and Call of duty things! Just anything that has to do with xbox gaming and groot stuff lol xD

Lucy_23x

Quote from: henrywclayton on Apr 22, 2016, 05:08 PMI collect Lego and camping/survivalist things
My fave Lego set is the collectors adition y wing star fighter, and the most valuble is some old Lego 7+ series sets
I seen dat :>

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

rugerm

I personally collect pokemon and yugioh cards, along with the pokemon games. My rarest thing is probably the one of the legendary trio I own :3.

wfi974

I like to collect Rubik's cubes and similar products and planning to start collecting mechanical keyboards once I have a job and expendable income

American_Walrus

About two years ago, I started a collection of Lego Marvel figurine thingies. I havent really had time to continue it, but I have about 40 of them, at abotu $20 each. I could get some cash out of it

PandaPugz

i collect random stuff... currently i have a thing for cutting out the logo's from sweet wrappers.. not sure if this is a collection or not but its fun xd