How would you feel if Factions relaunched?

Started by Towelie, Apr 28, 2016, 06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you feel if factions relaunched?

Good, I miss it
35 (40.7%)
Bad, Too much drama / Rule Breaking
24 (27.9%)
Eh, I guess it'd work with stricter leadership
27 (31.4%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: Apr 30, 2016, 06:35 AM

stormshooter

Quote from: iLaxrv10 on Apr 28, 2016, 02:44 PM
Quote from: TeraStorm on Apr 28, 2016, 02:40 PM
Quote from: iLaxrv10 on Apr 28, 2016, 01:45 PMI voted for the second option, Factions was a place for drama, rule breaking, and all other bad habits. Now that Discord is a thing and can help in game, we can't control what the players do on Skype. Personally, I think this is a really bad idea.
What's stopping people doing things on skype anyway?
my point was, sure people do things on Skype say on Survival or Pixelmon but how many more Skype incidents did you hear about on Factions? Tons more.
I disagree here, if anything skype was used to report incidents as evidence of hacking or rule breaking etc.

Lucy_23x

Quote from: Doggggeh on Apr 28, 2016, 09:49 AMIf factions came back. It would certainly need garow and camster to help. and maybe xerxers c;
I do agree, one was also a good admin I would think, he stopped an argument between about 5 vs 5 people
And no I was not part of that fight for once, be proud.

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Lucy_23x

Quote from: TeraStorm on Apr 28, 2016, 02:46 PM
Quote from: iLaxrv10 on Apr 28, 2016, 02:44 PM
Quote from: TeraStorm on Apr 28, 2016, 02:40 PM
Quote from: iLaxrv10 on Apr 28, 2016, 01:45 PMI voted for the second option, Factions was a place for drama, rule breaking, and all other bad habits. Now that Discord is a thing and can help in game, we can't control what the players do on Skype. Personally, I think this is a really bad idea.
What's stopping people doing things on skype anyway?
my point was, sure people do things on Skype say on Survival or Pixelmon but how many more Skype incidents did you hear about on Factions? Tons more.
I disagree here, if anything skype was used to report incidents as evidence of hacking or rule breaking etc.
I don't even have Skype (anymore) at it feels like people are blaming me (and others)for what happen even though I (we) had nothing to do with it.
I legit remember coming on and doing /factions and it wasn't there, I asked green what had happened and he just said "It's gone and it's not coming back."
I was also a bit pissed at the fact no one told me before hand or asked me any of my, or my faction's opinion.

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

MasterX70

Though I've had no personal experience with factions, I know it meant a lot to people, so I think it would be neat to give it another chance. Though having rules/restrictions to avoid any havoc certainly sounds like a good idea.

Lucy_23x

Quote from: Towelie on Apr 28, 2016, 06:34 AMNOTE: This is just a poll which will help me see the opinion of the community.
THERE ARE NO PLANS TO BRING FACTIONS BACK!!!

When I reread this and I'm like
"All dreams ruined. I shall never have a place in sft again."

willhill2000

yeah ok, can you make a plugin that if a user puts, 'whats your snapchat ;)' you get perm ban insta please? would save alot ty ty

garow93

As someone who spent 400 hours there over it's final months as the only active admin, I feel like I can say a few things. Firstly, and for the most part, none of the bullying/horrific chat was done in world chat or even party chats, so there is no way to regulate it with a "stricter staff team" as it was done through either A) Private messaging or B) on private Skype chats(since all players knew that I could see their party and alliance chats.) Secondly, Factions is SUPPOSED to not be strict, it's supposed to be a place where you can go blow off steam and kill each other, throw out some insults, laugh at eachother and have fun: not play yet another version of Townie with minimal raiding/pvp. At the end of it's life-cycle, it became essentially a competition to see who could stay on top of MCMMO and nothing more, because riaiding was pointless due to the limited amount of things you could do while raiding(i.e. no ender pearls, no golden apples, people would complain if another faction was within 100 blocks, etc, etc, etc.)

Now on to my suggestion - either A) bring it back with fewer PvP rules and more chat rules or B) Wait the year for the fresh playerbase, because all of our serious pvpers have left.

Green_Giant

Quote from: garow93 on Apr 28, 2016, 05:41 PMNow on to my suggestion - either A) bring it back with fewer PvP rules and more chat rules or B) Wait the year for the fresh playerbase, because all of our serious pvpers have left.
I agree to both of these points. I never understood why faction betrayal wasn't allowed, you're supposed to trust your faction members implicitly anyway.

BattleAxium

Apr 28, 2016, 06:04 PM #33 Last Edit: Apr 28, 2016, 06:08 PM by BattleAxium
Quote from: Green_Giant on Apr 28, 2016, 05:56 PM
Quote from: garow93 on Apr 28, 2016, 05:41 PMNow on to my suggestion - either A) bring it back with fewer PvP rules and more chat rules or B) Wait the year for the fresh playerbase, because all of our serious pvpers have left.
I agree to both of these points. I never understood why faction betrayal wasn't allowed, you're supposed to trust your faction members implicitly anyway.

Because people used to be able to join your faction for 5 secs, destroy everything, and leave. But that was a rule from a long time ago. From what I understand, there's a ranking system within factions now, so betrayal isn't as easy anymore.

QuoteThere are four different faction ranks. They are: **Leader, *Officer, +Member and -Recruit. Use the /f promote <player> and /f demote <player> commands to modify someones rank. There is also the dedicated /f officer <player> command to make someone an officer. There can be many officers but only one leader. Use the /f leader <player> [faction=you] command to resign your leader role and faction ownership to someone else.

The higher your rank in the faction, the more permissions you get to manage within the faction. For example, anyone may deposit money into the faction, but only officers and above may withdraw.

Make sure to promote some trusted faction followers to officers. This way the faction can still be managed even if the leader goes on vacation.

Ref: https://www.massivecraft.com/factions

stormshooter

Number 1 rule on factions is don't trust anyone lmao

camster65

Quote from: TeraStorm on Apr 28, 2016, 06:19 PM
Number 1 rule on factions is don't trust anyone lmao

Rule 1 of fight club... There is no fight club...  THERES DRAMA

Towelie

Sorry to crush your dreams but Saywhat and I had a talk and it's not gonna happen xD

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

willhill2000

Quote from: Towelie on Apr 28, 2016, 06:27 PMSorry to crush your dreams but Saywhat and I had a talk and it's not gonna happen xD
ok no worries but prison pls

stormshooter

Quote from: Towelie on Apr 28, 2016, 06:27 PMSorry to crush your dreams but Saywhat and I had a talk and it's not gonna happen xD
this is worse then youtube click bait

BattleAxium

Thank god.

camster65

Quote from: TeraStorm on Apr 28, 2016, 06:38 PM
this is worse then youtube click bait

The Clats shall return to their trees until the future

TheStarNomad✯

When I named myself DreamEnder I didn't think being involved in stuff literally ended dreams xD
Shame though.

Long time StarNomad

Lucy_23x

Towelie

Quote from: willhill2000 on Apr 28, 2016, 06:29 PM
ok no worries but prison pls
Yep, saywhat and djkirsh are working on that

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

MightyMinerMines

Well i started off on factions and some people tried to start an argument with me but a lot of players came threw and stopped that from happening again but it needs more staff, Ender was kind of the only thing holding factions up so if it is coming back it needs more active staff and discord will help very well with the situation

SuperJK

Towel it will be definitely better if facs had being alot more stricter

/warp SteveCoMuseum

Lucy_23x

I've lost people through the closing on factions and I'd quite like to see them again ;p

2jareds4great

Lucy_23x

^^^^^

(for some reason it won't key me quote)
YEAH please I'm gonna die..

ochoaj

I would like to see Factions come back because it was a large base of our player support, but I think it has to have much stricter staff and more staff on to watch over the little childrens.  :steve:
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
― Benjamin Franklin