Steam Giveaway - Rust server Released!

Started by Izzdaer, May 16, 2016, 06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izzdaer

May 16, 2016, 06:04 PM Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 04:17 PM by Izzdaer

The Super Fun Time Rust server is now on full release!

Over the last few days @Towelie, @saywhat2365 and I have been working hard on adding plugins to the server and improving it from what players have asked for!
 We now have a wide range of plugins including RPG plugins, home teleporting, chest sorting and sign artist!

As before to join the server just search Super Fun Time under the modded tab in the multiplayer section!

The full server name is: Super Fun Time EU | superfuntime.org

As Part of the server release we are hosting a steam giveaway for TWO copies of Rust! I will be supplying one copy and @Towelie the other. Heres how to enter:

Join our steam group here then reply to this post with:

1. Your steam username
2. What you look foward to most playing our rust server!

We will pick at random in just a few days, so hurry!
Of course if you already have the game you cant be picked, but join our steam group for updates and rust events!

Draw: there will be two draws:

Copy 1 at 7:59pm Tuesday 17th May BST (UK time)

Copy 2 11:59pm Friday 20th May Romanian Time

To support the rust server and SFT in general visit our Patreon page: patreon.com/sftmedia

I hope to see you all in game, and good luck!

- Izz

CrafterLuc2

1. (Your steam username)  luc_w1
2. (What you look forward to most playing our rust server!)  Everything, the game seems pretty awesome :)

met veel rust en vrede zal de end geen keerzijde kneden
虚心坦懐に申し上げる。今から言うことは、言葉どおりに受け取ってほしい。
Bteam Admin and AHoS   |  McPE Developer   |  1.7.10 Elder
Need my aid? Contact me through discord Luc#5794 | Or send a forum pm.

MrC0W

Steam Username: mrultimatecow

What I look forward to the most: I haven't heard a lot on the game before, but looking at it now and considering SFT has a server on it, I have convinced 1 or 2 friends to get it in the near future, and I look forward to learning the game, as well as playing with friends, and the SFT community.

Fire_Lord_Nero

Steam Name: FireLordNero
Im looking forward to play more survivalisty/major multiplayer games with friends. I played this on my cousins account once(mixberry) and found it very fun.

CaykoMarie

May 16, 2016, 07:42 PM #4 Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 06:33 AM by CaykoMarie
1. CaykoMarie

2. Playing a new kind of game with friends and being bad at yet another video game.

HS_destoryer

1._hs_1
2. I'm looking forward to trying new games/ different style of gameplay.

calfrokrill

May 17, 2016, 06:48 AM #6 Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 07:18 AM by Calaurix_95
1. BushTucka (calgid04)

2. I like playing new games, it's a lot of fun. It's a great experience and I'll be looking forward to something as exciting as this. It'll be great fun, even better that I'm doing it with this community. :)

RallyReaper

I like the server atm. Been playing with a friend. Only thing tho, i'd say some sorta clan/party system (of 5 max people would be great) and the /s - what's gonna be going in there? Hopefully nothing overpowered like cheap c4 or something, cause that'd be nuts.

Izzdaer

@RallyReaper I'll get clans set up in the next few hours. And nope cosmetics like trafic cone hats and possibly some blueprints c:

Much like the stores you get in Gmod TTT and PH

Towelie

@Izzdaer I talked to @saywhat2365 and he will try to fix wine on the arma 3 machine so we can maybe move rust there once it gets more popular and people start complaining about lag.

Also, I want to start an ad campaign for rust. We're not doing so well on revenue and we barely got a dnation in the last 10 days but I want this to succeed as we cannot survive if we base ourselves just on Minecraft.
Do try to add some donation items to Rust as well, Try to have a goal to make about ~$50 / mo for now.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

RallyReaper

May 17, 2016, 08:03 AM #10 Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 08:09 AM by RallyReaper
Quote from: Towelie on May 17, 2016, 07:21 AM@Izzdaer I talked to @saywhat2365 and he will try to fix wine on the arma 3 machine so we can maybe move rust there once it gets more popular and people start complaining about lag.

Also, I want to start an ad campaign for rust. We're not doing so well on revenue and we barely got a dnation in the last 10 days but I want this to succeed as we cannot survive if we base ourselves just on Minecraft.
Do try to add some donation items to Rust as well, Try to have a goal to make about ~$50 / mo for now.

I feel like Kits that include say like a rifle and a few rounds for store reward points could work. and you could setup the Store reward points as a donation thing.

I'd say if rust was to get popular the one thing we can't allow is for OP stuff, such as selling of C4. As that'd make it WAY to easy to get. As for the rest of the stuff tho i like the idea. Heck even a Supply beacon for say 16 points would be fair i'd say. cause it takes a while to get points. I've played since about 12pm/am til now (4am) and only have 4 so i assume that'd mean 16 hours = 1 beacon.

Also on a side note the reason i said that clans should be limited to a certain number of people only is because that way it won't suffer in the same way dayz did. With one MEGA-clan dominating the server.

And another side note btw, If possible a ingame store would be cool aswell. Like a /money, and /buy, /sell commands. I know a plugin exists i've seen it before i believe. I like the idea cause then players could buy and sell and trade to other players and it'd be great :). (Just don't make c4 buyable XD)

Towelie

I think we should just stick to cosmetic stuff and not sell / give weapons and stuff at all. otherwise game's not gonna be fun any more

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Pookalton

May I ask if the rates have been changed? Also, I love the idea of home teleporting and I love RPG plugins.

EDIT: Instead of changing the rates, will the RPG plugin do that? I just really really don't like grindy games, and I don't wanna spend ages leveling up.

ryano2002

Steam Name - Codename Platypus
What I look forward to - Finding Out What Rust Is XD

Towelie

Quote from: Vallith on May 17, 2016, 08:50 AMMay I ask if the rates have been changed? Also, I love the idea of home teleporting and I love RPG plugins.

EDIT: Instead of changing the rates, will the RPG plugin do that? I just really really don't like grindy games, and I don't wanna spend ages leveling up.
The RPG plugin will definitely make things easier as you level up :)
You can spend skill points where you see fit, for example if you spend it in lumberjack you get more wood per hit.

Izzdaer

Quote from: Towelie on May 17, 2016, 09:14 AM
Quote from: Vallith on May 17, 2016, 08:50 AMMay I ask if the rates have been changed? Also, I love the idea of home teleporting and I love RPG plugins.

The RPG plugin will definitely make things easier as you level up :)
You can spend skill points where you see fit, for example if you spend it in lumberjack you get more wood per hit.

Exactly as towelie said. The rates are standard, but say you don't want to grind wood as much, increasing lumberjack will increase your yield from each ht. The rpg plugin also levels up fairly fast as I've kept the levels for that pretty low so you should get out of the resources grind pretty fast.

RallyReaper

Quote from: Towelie on May 17, 2016, 08:20 AMI think we should just stick to cosmetic stuff and not sell / give weapons and stuff at all. otherwise game's not gonna be fun any more

True, i aslong as c4 isn't being sold i'm quite content lol.

Cbossminer

Steam-Cbossminer

What I look forward to- Coming on and hanging with the community and chilling with everyone!

King_Craftius

Steam = King_Craftius

Reason = "Its a different type of game to the ones i normally play, so im looking forward to it" :D

RallyReaper

Honestly i'm kinda curious to see the alliances people have. and the base raiding. It's gonna be cool :D

RallyReaper

Quote from: Towelie on May 17, 2016, 08:20 AMI think we should just stick to cosmetic stuff and not sell / give weapons and stuff at all. otherwise game's not gonna be fun any more

You guys should look into like custom weapon/armor skins or something. idk if it'd be possible but it'd be awesome to have like a Gold Assault rifle skin or something.

Izzdaer

RallyReaper

Quote from: Izzdaer on May 17, 2016, 12:25 PMI'll look into it for you @RallyReaper

Alright :P Also i'm looking into oxide stuff and whatnot trying to see if i can find something about custom skins for the server. I'll get back to you if i do.

Besides. I want a golden Rocket launcher skin for my Rocket launcher

graven2603

Steam name: Morrison4242
most looking forward to on the server: Making new friends and having fun while building and raiding people
Yuri!!! on ICE is just the best #Victuri
"Try getting good scrub, Time to learn by dying"

BattleAxium

May 17, 2016, 12:48 PM #24 Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 12:55 PM by BattleAxium
Quote from: Towelie on May 17, 2016, 07:21 AM@Izzdaer I talked to @saywhat2365 and he will try to fix wine on the arma 3 machine so we can maybe move rust there once it gets more popular and people start complaining about lag.

Not trying to put you guys down here, but you're competing with lots of well-established Rust servers, so you'll need to develop unique content in order to get people to stick and play. For instance, custom loot, a better way to handle sleepers, starter kits etc. Otherwise, you'll be fighting with 1000s of bigger servers. Anyways, I'm not welcomed here so I won't bother playing but just figured I would give a suggestion. Good luck and have fun.