Mar 28, 2024, 03:40 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

The pulse of SFT

Started by Towelie, May 21, 2016, 01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pookalton

Quote from: Brightpkz on May 21, 2016, 04:03 PM
Quote from: NicholasPlays on May 21, 2016, 02:03 PM
Quote from: Brightpkz on May 21, 2016, 01:50 PMGet more players by trying to add features which other servers don't have. Maybe we could do a mini game server full of automatic games...

i agree with @Brightpkz i love automatic minigames that keep me entertained. i usually play them a lot more than Survival now because i get bored easily when no events, or fun things are happening. (NOT EVENTHOST GAMES) but anyways, id play more on SFT if there were automatic minigames.

Yeah. We could have automated games like un-named server. And we could have donator's perks to amp the games up

No. no no no no no. I don't want any more server where we can buy perks or anything, I understand that it's how SFT pays to keep it running, but I just want a server where you don't get an advantage if you buy something.

Darth_Noob

I mean, yeah, it is time for a full reset, but, does this require us losing our so called ranks?

Pookalton

Quote from: Stath on May 21, 2016, 04:20 PMI mean, yeah, it is time for a full reset, but, does this require us losing our so called ranks?

No, as far as I know you would not lose your ranks. But EMP, the worlds, your inventory etc would be.

ochoaj

Quote from: Vallith on May 21, 2016, 04:22 PM
Quote from: Stath on May 21, 2016, 04:20 PMI mean, yeah, it is time for a full reset, but, does this require us losing our so called ranks?

No, as far as I know you would not lose your ranks. But EMP, the worlds, your inventory etc would be.

I am very against that occurring. I say 100% no on the reset.
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
― Benjamin Franklin

camster65

Quote from: ochoaj on May 21, 2016, 04:36 PM

I am very against that occurring. I say 100% no on the reset.

Only problem I see now is, after many years of items and money going into the community the quickness of survival is too easy, I could fully reset myself but be finished in a matter of a week or 2 purely because people have so much stuff I could buy it really cheap and be done.

Only reason people go against a full reset is for the stuff they currently have, where as for new players they are finishing so quick or feel there's nothing they can provide as items are so cheap or easy they leave.

Example being beacons or crates they once were 20mill because they were rare now you get maybe 2 mill because too many are in the system it needs to be managed.

Spookystorm

This is correct. When the last full reset happened, all the worlds, EMP, inventory, and ender chest inventory were reset, but ranks and uptime remained, as did permissions gained from donating.

Zatur6ay

How to get more players

For new players, the decision of stay or leave is just a short time.

1. To make the server attractive to the new players, we should make use of starter hotbar to promote the feature of the server.
For example (Survival server),
:slimeball: a starter crate #0? with a key
:slimeball: iron tools
:slimeball: a chicken pet
* Note: I dont remember what can we get for the survival server exactly, hmmm pretty much just damn wooden tools.

2. New player town with houses for renting. For people don't want to live alone and want to join a community as soon as possible.

How to get the players to vote more

1. Vote tutorial video - No kidding some kids really don't know how to vote.
* Note: Should be include how to level up vote tire as well

2. Add more stuff to vote token shop. Furniture maybe  :P

What can we do to keep things interesting?

1. a bi-weekly update resource world with dungeons :mobspawner: and ruins :chest: . Cuz players love adventure :)

2. Building achievements with badge reward to get players busy.

3. RPG - collect materials to exchange a special enchanted item.

About full reset
If I need to start all over, I would like to find a new experience. (You know what I mean right?) Quit SFT and Join other server.

maxwolf28

adding on to what i said before about a full re set, if we did the new worlds would get torn up in a matter of days due to all the mining and resource gathering.

GRIMI_

How to get more players (for the network as well as pix and our other servers) : Same as always. Do good shit. Make sure people see the good shit. People want the good shit.
How to get the players to vote more without increasing rewards to a point where the game isn't fun any more : full reset, new economy, vote rewards are worth voting for again. Vote contests help. How about giving people fly perms in the lobby for 24hrs in return for voting? that would certainly get some first time visitors to vote, and also check out the lobby map.
What can we do to keep things interesting? Do you feel like for example, fur survival in particular it's time for a full reset? Yes. Also interesting people, but there's not much you can do to encourage this other than to just let the interesting people express themselves, i suppose. Its not about the game content really. That's important but more so is who you play the game with.

FinalTest

Quote from: Zatur6ay on May 21, 2016, 05:31 PM1.New player town with houses for renting. For people don't want to live alone and want to join a community as soon as possible.
Spawn should actually be a town. Have small rent-able houses near the center (plugin from the old prison server maybe?) and buy-able houses near the outskirts of the town. Maybe include a warp hub with warp signs to place various places (autoshops, other towns, etc.) and maybe to a resource world.

The server needs more islands and needs to re-examine protection requirements. Islands are nice because you can cover them and not worry about other people building 21 blocks from your build and not being able to do anything about it. Also, maybe staff could protect builds that are started but not finished, maybe a 50% or 70% done rule? Or for example if a build is on a small island, you could get the whole island protected and not worry about other people taking up half of an already small island with a crappy build. A world with a bunch of islands would be very nice, and you could set aside some small ones that are close together to cheaply sell to new players. That way they can have their privacy but still can see and interact with neighbors.

supermee3

I honestly think there is too much going on for SFT and most of it doesn't look like it is working. As I am writing this now there are 5 of the servers on front page that I can't see why we still have, if money is a problem (I am assuming that every server costs some amount of money, and if that's not true just ignore what I am saying). If removing them would help on the state of the server I say shut them down, even though I know it sounds harsh.
I feel like focus should be on the main servers that see activity (Survival/Pixelmon/Bteam), instead of SFT starting to work on new servers when (lets be real here) it most likely won't help enough.

Regarding the full reset I think people are being stubborn about it. First, the problem about people losing their work could be solved if a world download were to be released, so if you are passionate about your project you could continue work. Second, people are more likely to stay if they make friends. A good way to make friends is if you play the game together or you help each other out. I really doubt any of the "rich" people on the server play with the new people. Most of them just say welcome and maybe give them whatever items they ask for, but they never engage with anyone outside of their friend circle. The reason this makes sense regarding the reset is that people might be more willing to play with others and work together with newer players. Third, some people have mentioned people would just mine out the new worlds of strip them of resources but come on.. People have always done this whenever a reset happens, so therefore I can't see this as a good argument.

tl;dr - I think sft should focus of main servers (Surv/Pix/Bteam) and people need to be more open in regards to the full reset, and actually see the potential it brings.

blalp

Quote from: EpicCoffee on May 21, 2016, 01:48 PMI wish voting wasn't spammy. I think that it should just say that {player} voted X amount of times.
completely agree
Have a fantastic day!

Bakonator

Idea : how about competing AGAINST other players from different servers and/or branches of SFT?

The idea behind this was if a player was to seek for competitive gaming they can join our server/SFT branch. This can somewhat bring the popularity up (by suggesting soneone to record the match, maybe?) and it would spread the word and attracts players.

BattleAxium

Quote from: supermee3 on May 21, 2016, 06:57 PMI honestly think there is too much going on for SFT and most of it doesn't look like it is working. As I am writing this now there are 5 of the servers on front page that I can't see why we still have, if money is a problem (I am assuming that every server costs some amount of money, and if that's not true just ignore what I am saying). If removing them would help on the state of the server I say shut them down, even though I know it sounds harsh.
I feel like focus should be on the main servers that see activity (Survival/Pixelmon/Bteam), instead of SFT starting to work on new servers when (lets be real here) it most likely won't help enough.

Just picking out this part since it's inaccurate. Most of the servers run on the same box. So, it doesn't cost more money to run servers. The only thing being expended here is resources. We could have 20 more Minecraft servers and still be running smoothly though. It's really a matter of is it worth keeping the extra servers since the main servers (as you say) really aren't full and doing well. But, I agree that we should stick to the servers that have a decent amount of players and drop the rest. 

supermee3

Quote from: BattleAxium on May 21, 2016, 08:00 PM
Quote from: supermee3 on May 21, 2016, 06:57 PMI honestly think there is too much going on for SFT and most of it doesn't look like it is working. As I am writing this now there are 5 of the servers on front page that I can't see why we still have, if money is a problem (I am assuming that every server costs some amount of money, and if that's not true just ignore what I am saying). If removing them would help on the state of the server I say shut them down, even though I know it sounds harsh.

Just picking out this part since it's inaccurate. Most of the servers run on the same box. So, it doesn't cost more money to run servers. The only thing being expended here is resources. We could have 20 more Minecraft servers and still be running smoothly though. It's really a matter of is it worth keeping the extra servers since the main servers (as you say) really aren't full and doing well. But, I agree that we should stick to the servers that have a decent amount of players and drop the rest. 
Yeah I didn't know if that was the case or not, which is why I let that statement stay :D Thanks for telling me though :)

BattleAxium

Quote from: supermee3 on May 21, 2016, 08:06 PM
Quote from: BattleAxium on May 21, 2016, 08:00 PM

Yeah I didn't know if that was the case or not, which is why I let that statement stay :D Thanks for telling me though :)

No problem, it's a common misconception. Figured, I would clear it up now before this discussion goes any further :P

Towelie

A cleanup is scheduled. Like tomorrow we're moving pix to survival then we're going to clean up some of the dead servers and figure out where to go from that.

My personal opinion is that bungee should contain Survival + Creative + Qwest + WildWest (because Qwest and WildWest are new servers and we should at least give them a chance - Izz will be updating qwest soon)

@saywhat2365  - what's your take ont hat ?

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

eye_nine

I, myself have no data sheet, but what I have noticed is our player base. I haven't thought about this since I came back to B-Team. There the player base has dropped and is quiet noticeable in comparison of last year in May, and before that I remember the day it hit eighty players. After thinking about that I thought about Survival's busy days when it would hit a hundred, now it gets a good 40. I feel if we difference ourselves and add more things the players want to do and play, then we can boost the player base again.

Green_Giant

Quote from: Towelie on May 21, 2016, 08:14 PMA cleanup is scheduled. Like tomorrow we're moving pix to survival then we're going to clean up some of the dead servers and figure out where to go from that.

My personal opinion is that bungee should contain Survival + Creative + Qwest + WildWest (because Qwest and WildWest are new servers and we should at least give them a chance - Izz will be updating qwest soon)

@saywhat2365  - what's your take ont hat ?
I built a cool new parkour map on Parkour, so if that server is being removed, would it be possible to have that moved into W3 for survival?

Towelie

Quote from: Green_Giant on May 21, 2016, 08:18 PM
Quote from: Towelie on May 21, 2016, 08:14 PMA cleanup is scheduled. Like tomorrow we're moving pix to survival then we're going to clean up some of the dead servers and figure out where to go from that.

@saywhat2365  - what's your take ont hat ?
I built a cool new parkour map on Parkour, so if that server is being removed, would it be possible to have that moved into W3 for survival?
Sure

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Pookalton

Quote from: maxwolf28 on May 21, 2016, 05:41 PMadding on to what i said before about a full re set, if we did the new worlds would get torn up in a matter of days due to all the mining and resource gathering.

That is why I 100% believe there should be a resource world only for gathering resources that resets every month or two.

Pookalton

Quote from: GRIMI_ on May 21, 2016, 05:53 PMHow to get more players (for the network as well as pix and our other servers) : Same as always. Do good shit. Make sure people see the good shit. People want the good shit.
How to get the players to vote more without increasing rewards to a point where the game isn't fun any more : full reset, new economy, vote rewards are worth voting for again. Vote contests help. How about giving people fly perms in the lobby for 24hrs in return for voting? that would certainly get some first time visitors to vote, and also check out the lobby map.
What can we do to keep things interesting? Do you feel like for example, fur survival in particular it's time for a full reset? Yes. Also interesting people, but there's not much you can do to encourage this other than to just let the interesting people express themselves, i suppose. Its not about the game content really. That's important but more so is who you play the game with.

I completely agree with this, if we start anew, no doubt we will lose players, that will always happen on a minecraft server, but I think that it will bring more people in, people would make more friends and more awesome stuff, the economy wouldn't be so... odd.

Pookalton

Quote from: Eye_Nine on May 21, 2016, 08:17 PMI, myself have no data sheet, but what I have noticed is our player base. I haven't thought about this since I came back to B-Team. There the player base has dropped and is quiet noticeable in comparison of last year in May, and before that I remember the day it hit eighty players. After thinking about that I thought about Survival's busy days when it would hit a hundred, now it gets a good 40. I feel if we difference ourselves and add more things the players want to do and play, then we can boost the player base again.

I loved B-Team when I was into mods, but as I went inactive and returned to B-Team, I forgot alot about the mods. Maybe some links to tutorials about the mods? maybe some contact details if we need to ask questions about certain mods? Or maybe a dedicated rank like [Helper] or something, someone who is okay and fine with helping other newer players.

BattleAxium

Quote from: Vallith on May 22, 2016, 01:39 AM
Quote from: Eye_Nine on May 21, 2016, 08:17 PMI, myself have no data sheet, but what I have noticed is our player base. I haven't thought about this since I came back to B-Team. There the player base has dropped and is quiet noticeable in comparison of last year in May, and before that I remember the day it hit eighty players. After thinking about that I thought about Survival's busy days when it would hit a hundred, now it gets a good 40. I feel if we difference ourselves and add more things the players want to do and play, then we can boost the player base again.

I loved B-Team when I was into mods, but as I went inactive and returned to B-Team, I forgot alot about the mods. Maybe some links to tutorials about the mods? maybe some contact details if we need to ask questions about certain mods? Or maybe a dedicated rank like [Helper] or something, someone who is okay and fine with helping other newer players.

Why make a new rank when there's already a wiki for this? http://www.attackofthebteamwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page If this doesn't help you, then I don't know what will.

Arias0

Well, for the brief month or so I've had on this server, I've picked up many things that have stored in the back of my mind that could improve/change for the better. I've had a lot of experience on other games, so if you don't mind I'll just input some ideas I have for you, as it wouldn't hurt me due to this server being something I enjoy day to day.

First off, voting. The reason you're not getting as much votes as you want, is because even though you're rewarding players, most people don't have time or are just to lazy to vote. Some way to fix this are; instead of giving physical item rewards to players, which I don't think is a great incentive at the moment because personally the main reason I vote (Besides to help) is for VoteTokens, but really... they're useless. It'd take a long time to be able to even save for something worth while. So yes, I don't have the solution as of yet. However, It'd be interesting to look into something more creative when it comes to voting. E.g. Events, perks, tally board etc.

How to get more players? Instead of throwing money at advertising websites. Which I can highly vouch is a extreme waste of your money (ESPECIALLY when you aren't flying with donation funds) Instead, cut down on those costs, and focus the money towards new ideas, developers, individual advertising etc. Because I can guarantee unique mini-games, new servers and incentives to spread the word will bring a much more FRIENDLY playerbase then current.

By full reset, I believe you mean wiping the whole server and starting fresh? If so, in reality everyone know's that won't do anything. To make something good, and to achieve your goals you need to push, push and push till you produce something even more amazing then you already have. Point more of your funds towards people who can benefit there specialties to the server then creating new servers when you're currently struggling with your main ones. e.g. survival.

Anyhow, this is just my two cents. I could go into WAY more detail, including ideas and creation, but yeah.