News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Possible new & fun addition to The Newsstand

Started by lioneatszebra, May 27, 2016, 09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to see an advice column?

Heck yes!
Mmmm, nah.
Neither yes, nor no. Here's why... (explain please)

lioneatszebra

So, I was reading old newspapers and browsing news sites online and I had an idea...

What if we had our own 'Dear Abby' here on the Newsstand on SFT?

For those of you who don't know what 'Dear Abby' is, 'Dear Abby' was an advice column for newspapers that was started in the 1950s. It was a weekly occurrence that people loved to read in the newspaper. It ranged from relationship advice to professional advice. It was a huge hit for 50+ years.

Here's my theory:

:slimeball: A 'Dear So-and-so' (name to be determined) will be started on this board right here.
 :slimeball: Anonymous advice seeking will be established through a Google form.
 :slimeball: There would be a team of people giving advice on a variety of subjects.
 :slimeball: Frequency of said advice will be determined at a later time.

Now, maybe you're asking "why the heck would you do something like this..." In theory, I think that this could help promote forum activity. I mean, our demographic is generally young teens and teens who seek advice constantly. While you may not have the issue that someone else has, maybe you'll have it some time down the road or maybe you'll be able to help someone else with 'Dear So-and-so' advice.

It would all be unbiased advice and just advice that's like totally optional. I mean, none of us are professionals, but some of us do have more experience on certain things in life.

An example would be:
 :slimeball: "Ugh, I want to go to this college, but my mom wants me to go to this college. I want to do this, but I just don't know what to do. Help me! Signed Soon to be college student"

Just let me know what you avid Newsstand readers would like to see! You can suggest ideas here as well!

brb, living offline

CalderPlaysGames

Nubbun

\(◎o◎)/

lioneatszebra

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I will think about it. It would have to only be like a couple a week and on the weekends.
brb, living offline