Mar 29, 2024, 03:51 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Stanley Cup

Started by iLaxrv10, May 28, 2016, 04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win the Stanley Cup?

Pittsburgh Penguins
6 (54.5%)
San Jose Sharks
5 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

iLaxrv10

Who you got for Hockey's "Super Bowl", the Stanely Cup Finals? If you're not too familiar with either team, let me break it down for you:

Penguins: Beat the defending East champions, the New York Rangers in the first round and continued to dominate in the playoffs with a hard schedule versing teams like the Washington Capitals. The Penguins were last in the finals in 2009 when they beat the Detroit Red Wings.

Sharks: Kinda an underdog in the tournament but had a great goal:goals allowed ratio. This is their first time reaching the finals in NHL history!

In a 6 man analysis, 4 out of 6 said the Penguins will take home the cup while the other two claim the Sharks will.
I don't like the Penguins due to one of their star players Sidney Crosby and the fact they beat the Rangers so I'm going with the Sharks! Vote and tell us why you picked who you did :D
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Stoovs

I'm a Dallas Stars fan personally. I would've loved to see them do better, but with some injuries late in the season they seemed to get down during the playoffs. This being said, I usually would cheer for a Canadian team if they were in the playoffs and Dallas wasn't, although, that wasn't a thing this year.

Since there was no one for me to really root on, I decided that Washington would be a good team to cheer for seeing that I like Ovechkin as a player and he has never won a Cup. Turns out that they lost to the Penguins so I would just rather the Penguins lose.

I also think that the competition this year in the West seemed a lot better. Teams were able to beat the last 2 Stanley Cup Champions (Blackhawks and Kings). The Sharks have also played a phenomenal post-season, and seeing them take it wouldn't be the worst thing.
"There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts" -Voltaire

Nicadean33

Since the Sharks beat the Blues, I could never root for them. Plus, the Penguins have always been my back-up team. Really my favorite since the Blues just have the "hometown" advantage in my heart.

Cireshie

C. Chicago Blackhawks

Caz10

Don't watch hockey, but I do like an underdog story. Sharks xD

iLaxrv10

Locking. The Pittsburgh Penguins took the cup, 4 wins to 1.
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner