Have a Super Fun Time!

[Sports] Cavaliers NBA Final Bound

Started by iLaxrv10, May 28, 2016, 04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iLaxrv10

May 28, 2016, 04:40 PM Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 04:46 PM by iLaxrv10
LeBron James to Appear in 6th Straight NBA Final
from ESPN.go.com

TORONTO -- The emotional floodgates cast wide open, the meaning of LeBron James' seminal night could be felt with every puddled footstep through the Cleveland Cavaliers' postgame locker room following a rousing 113-87 win over the Toronto Raptors to punch their ticket to the NBA Finals.

The Cavs enjoyed this one, to be sure, embracing the Eastern Conference championship trophy with desire, rather than disdain and drenching each other in their celebration with what was available -- water bottles, ice buckets, whatever -- as they literally soaked up the moment.

The party coordinator was none other than James, breaking from the thousand-yard stare he usually affixes to his career accolades and savoring what just went down as he silenced one of the toughest road arenas he ever stepped foot in.

"I know," James told ESPN.com when he was told that this type of response was wholly unlike him; when reminded that his stock answer has always been that he'll sit back with a bottle of wine and reminisce about his achievements with his friend and confidant, Maverick Carter, some far-off day. But never in the moment. Not James. Not the man whose enough is never enough.

"I know," he repeated.

What changed? What brought about this shift in perspective that had him choking up during his on-court interview with ESPN's Doris Burke after becoming the first player in 50 years -- fifty -- to make it to a sixth straight Finals.
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

lioneatszebra

Yaaasssss. It's hard being a Cleveland sports fan, but the Cavs make up for it some times. Now I just need my WIndians to keep winning games.
brb, living offline