Mar 29, 2024, 12:37 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Super Fun Time Q&A

Started by Towelie, Jun 01, 2016, 05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

I'd like to invite @Dpa1991 , @saywhat2365 and @fearthe1337 to participate in this Q&A, as well as @Izzdaer and @iLaxrv10 .
The idea is, you ask us a question about SFT (a curiosity you have or something you're interested about perhaps) and we will answer (obviously without giving "trade secrets" aka plugins we use and so on).

So ask almost anything and we'll do our best to answer.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Dpa1991

I'll be happy to answer.

Fractalion

Which update was the worst one in terms of work that you had to do?

I remember the update where the hmod development stopped and we needed to switch to bukkit was particularly bad, but maybe there's been a worse one I can't think of.

Arias0

A question directed towards the bunch of you, it's quite broad, but I'm curious; What are your plans for the future? (If things go to plan, or maybe even if they don't).

Towelie

Quote from: Arias0 on Jun 01, 2016, 06:54 AMA question directed towards the bunch of you, it's quite broad, but I'm curious; What are your plans for the future? (If things go to plan, or maybe even if they don't).
Expand our horizons so to speak, try to host other popular games which are not Minecraft. Mojang keeps killing off Minecraft and servers in general with their EULA interpretation and constant new updates that tell us we can't do this or that.
I wonder if their goal is to get rid of all the servers so as to boost realms revenue.
Like I said on numerous times, I understand why they have to make money and I wouldnt've opposed a measure such as asking server owners to pay ~$5-50 / mo for access to their session servers but now that they are restricting servers and making them almost unable to make money and pay their bills that's not gonna happen.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

brotherband

I've got a question mainly for @Izzdaer , but if any other members answering questions are able to answer me this, go ahead and post the answer - when is qwest being updated?

Quote from: brotherband on Apr 30, 2016, 11:46 AMI'm not exactly sure if this will really bring more new players in, but with that being said, we don't want new players to leave either. Basically, don't leave the 'side servers' to sort themselves out (Wild West, Qwest, Creative, etc.)

For example - Qwest had a lot of potential, and looks amazing, but as you can tell, it's dead. This is due to one thing - it isn't regularly updated ever updated.

I loved Qwest back in it's prime and was an avid player, but after waiting months and not a single quest has come out, I'm sure it's pretty obvious the I, and others, lost interest rather quickly.

So yeah, more quests plskthx. @Izzdaer @MrC0W @CaykoMarie (and anyone else who developed quests.)

Quote from: brotherband on May 19, 2016, 09:51 PM
Quote from: Towelie on May 19, 2016, 07:12 AM@Izzdaer  - Remember, you have to clean the builds we talked about and add some new quests if we want the server to still be a thing.

When do you expect you can do that? I realize Rust is your 1st priority now, but it would be nice to have a date.

Updates please.

We've been waiting for months and there has been nothing new added (not since I lasted checked anyway).

Thanks.

Sorry if I appear the be rude here, but I feel like this server is going absolutely nowhere, and will continue to head in this direction if it is not updated (who knows, it might already be too late to save).Since creating those posts nothing has been changed (not that I expected it to...)

Hopefully @Izzdaer actually responds to this post rather than ignoring it like the past two. That'd be great.

Thanks. 

Kudos to @Lady_Laqueesha for being the only remotely active staff, a great proportion of staff haven't logged in for ages (maybe this is a hint that we should let qwest go to the graveyard).

Dpa1991

Jun 01, 2016, 07:37 AM #6 Last Edit: Jun 01, 2016, 07:41 AM by Dpa1991
Quote from: Fractalion on Jun 01, 2016, 06:35 AMWhich update was the worst one in terms of work that you had to do?

I remember the update where the hmod development stopped and we needed to switch to bukkit was particularly bad, but maybe there's been a worse one I can't think of.
The most difficult update for me was when Pix was fairly new and we had a lot of glitches, I worked with the developers of Cauldron (who worked with Pix devs if I recall correctly) and after several weeks of testing we finally had pix somewhat stable.

It's either that one, or the current update we're struggling with to move pix to 1.8/4.0 it just can't happen, mostly due to the DMCA with bukkit and the pix devs intentionally moving to the latest version of forge for the sole purpose of screwing over servers.

Quote from: Arias0 on Jun 01, 2016, 06:54 AMA question directed towards the bunch of you, it's quite broad, but I'm curious; What are your plans for the future? (If things go to plan, or maybe even if they don't).

My plans are to learn new games to host, move away from minecraft (while still focusing on it as much as I can) I don't see minecraft having a very bright future. Mojang is constantly taking away monetization methods and telling servers what they can/cant do all while remaining fairly vague on the topic. Apparently, having /ad on our server now breaks the eula - whats next?

I'd like to find something to sustain the community that is not minecraft, that way when mojang delivers the final blow we all have something to keep the community together. I think the Rust server is a great step in that direction and I hope it succeeds.

Towelie

Quote from: brotherband on Jun 01, 2016, 07:23 AMSorry if I appear the be rude here, but I feel like this server is going absolutely nowhere, and will continue to head in this direction if it is not updated (who knows, it might already be too late to save).Since creating those posts nothing has been changed (not that I expected it to...)

Hopefully [attach]@Izzdaer[/attach] actually responds to this post rather than ignoring it like the past two. That'd be great.
True... @Izzdaer - Are we gonna kill Qwest or are you working on an update? We need to know.

Towelie

Quote from: Fractalion on Jun 01, 2016, 06:35 AMWhich update was the worst one in terms of work that you had to do?

For survival, that one was probably the worst
1.8 was no piece of cake either because everyone had lost faith in bukkit/spigot and moved away to sponge (which in my view turned out to be a flop, at least for the vanilla server scene), so we had a lot of broken plugins and nothing to replace them with.

Lucy_23x

Can I go hugely off topic here.

So.
What's your favourite animal :D

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Fractalion

If you could make a server for any game (it doesn't even have to be a multiplayer game, but it can be if you desire), which game would you make a server for?

Miniduck

Why did you take down the ark server?

Miniduck

OR who ever made it, idk.

Lucazade13

Directed to all of you:

Do you honestly see potential in our mod-pack servers (BTeam, Pixelmon, Lost Islands), please state why with your reason.

What is your favourite thing on SFT?

If money was no object, what would be the first thing you would change on SFT

If SFT gets blacklisted, what will be the first thing you do?

Survival Elite
Just your average energy drink

iLaxrv10

Quote from: Fractalion on Jun 01, 2016, 09:34 AMIf you could make a server for any game (it doesn't even have to be a multiplayer game, but it can be if you desire), which game would you make a server for?
For me, definitely GTA V. If only it was possible... :(

Quote from: Miniduck on Jun 01, 2016, 11:11 AMWhy did you take down the ark server?
The Ark Server was taken down due to lack of interest/playerbase to my knowledge.

If anyone has WW questions too, post them here :)
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

iLaxrv10

Quote from: Lucazade13 on Jun 01, 2016, 11:56 AM
Directed to all of you:

Do you honestly see potential in our mod-pack servers (BTeam, Pixelmon, Lost Islands), please state why with your reason.

1. Our modpack servers are great imo, only issue is B-Teams lack of updating due to the "dead" modpack owners.
2. My favorite thing on SFT... well, I cant really choose. I hate to be cliche but I really enjoy everything about it.
3. If money was no object: Expand, grow, listen to what the players want implemented no matter the cost.
4. Take actions against it. Basically, if you will, go into Maxium Overdrive!! (Spongebob Reference)

@Towelie take a look @ these questions
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

HD

What was your favorite thing to add on Minecraft / Pixelmon / Others?  ;)

Towelie

Quote from: Fractalion on Jun 01, 2016, 09:34 AMIf you could make a server for any game (it doesn't even have to be a multiplayer game, but it can be if you desire), which game would you make a server for?
GTA Online, no doubt about it.
Grand Theft Auto is my #1 game series and it always has been.

Towelie

Quote from: Halla on Jun 01, 2016, 12:33 PMWhat was your favorite thing to add on Minecraft / Pixelmon / Others?  ;)
The economy (EmpBuck, inspired by Frac and Knowability) and the Emp (also inspired by them) xD

Towelie

Quote from: iLaxrv10 on Jun 01, 2016, 12:28 PMWhy did you take down the ark server?
@Dpa1991 is working on an ark server for SFT as we speak. But he wants to work on it quietly and release it when it's ready. (unlike rust where we did the opposite)

NutellaToastx

Directed to all of you:

1. I do see potential, honestly, i love modpacks, and server ones are great! Just updating needs pushed forwards. c: I think if everyone tried just that little bit harder than they already do, it'd be amazing! : )

2. My favourite thing on SFT is the community. : ) Honestly, i probably wouldn't be on SFT without all the players and the chats. :3 Everyone's so nice and lovely, oh it's such a dream! c:

3. I'd probably ask Tow what he'd do. Then i'd help him with it, then i'd probably suggest some cool ideas. c: But honestly, i don't know. xd

4. Welp, i'd be checking forums 24/7, whilst crying a little bit. Then i'd most likely war about it with everyone on SFT to Mojang n stuff. :3

Heh. c: :apple:

Towelie

Directed to all of you:

I see potential in Modpack servers because they allow customization that can keep players from getting bored. However, with Mojang cracking down on server owners I'm starting to not see Minecraft as a viable alternative any more. I don't see myself starting a new Minecraft server, I think we should move away from Minecraft, while keeping our most succesful servers.

My favorite thing on SFT is the people :D You guys.

If money was no object, I'd invest shitloads in advertising and other stuff to get more players. Getting more player son SFT is sort of my mini dream

If SFT ever gets blacklisted (hopefylly not tho, since we're EULA friendly), I'll first contact mojang asking for a delist then I'll sit in a corner and cry xD

Applecrakerpro

Do you see a chance of crafting being fixed on pocket soon with a new update from Mojang?

Dpa1991

Quote from: Miniduck on Jun 01, 2016, 11:11 AMWhy did you take down the ark server?

I've just recently got an interest in ARK. I've been setting up a server and playing on a few to learn the game, I'd like to fully understand the game before I decide to launch one so I have an idea of the impact the things I do have on the game. So far I have almost no clue, and have went through 6 pterodactyls. It seems like each one got progressively more dumb, then FlappyV6 went off on an adventure and got lost for a few hours, we later discovered him killing random dinos.. Spent half an hour getting killed by titanboas and dragonflies but eventually safely returned him home. Unfortunately Bird brain was lost on the journey.

But yeah, I'm not sure the type of server SFT wants but I want to make a high-rate (50x all?) PVP server with ~monthly resets. That seems to be the thing for PVP servers on this game.

Im_NoT_Alex_

Whats ur favourite thing about sft? ( I'm not included cos Ik u would pick me xD JK)