Which servers should we shut down and why?

Started by Towelie, Jun 03, 2016, 05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Jun 03, 2016, 05:53 PM Last Edit: Jun 03, 2016, 06:00 PM by Towelie
You heard it, which servers should we shut down and why?

I'll start:
- Hunger games - nobody plays on it
- Lost Islands - too few players and too many problems
- Parkour - 0 players almost all the time
- Altis Life - was doomed to failure since the start, excon got a job before he even managed to launch it and nobody else seemed willing or knowledgeful enough to take it over.

Do you agree with these? Do you have any others to add?
This is just a debate, feel free to join in

Pocket Minecraft is one where i'm extremely conflicted. @saywhat2365 is kinda dead and not taking care of it and also it's impossible to update it any further due to pocketmine being discontinued but it still has players so i don't know :S
- Qwest - Needs a major update if we are to keep it and @Izzdaer is unable to provide that update at the moment as he's focusing on Rust as instructed by me - we will not be removing it for now

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

CallOfTheElements

I agree with all of those, and it may bring players onto survival and pix. It would certainly cost us a good chunk of the community, but if we give players that switch to survival/pix/pocket/bteam perks they might stay?

Caz10

The ones you mentioned are the only ones that come to my mind.

Rainbowgirl

Hunger Games should be removed if no one plays on it why keep the server running,and it's the same with the Parkour server

Izzdaer

I agree with the current list. Qwest in its current state would be a removal, I agree, but it should stay for the sake that it WILL receive an update, and a huge one at that with the big plans I have for it. We are just struggling for the manpower and time at the moment.

DuanetheDino

Pocket has players and an active community. I can run a poll with my staff about what they'd want @Towelie - I can also ask players in game for their opinion as well. It's slowly started to grow a place in my heart haha, we are a close knit community, but if it would help with costs, it'd be a sacrifice we'd be willing to make for the greater good.

BattleAxium

Jun 03, 2016, 06:12 PM #6 Last Edit: Jun 03, 2016, 06:17 PM by BattleAxium
I would take over Altis Life, but was never given the opportunity to do so.
Otherwise, I agree with the rest of the servers mentioned being removed.

CCookie22

I agree with Duane.
Pocket has about 10-40 players on every day so shutting it down wouldn't be very sensible from my point of view.
It could cause a lot of complains because some players only own a tablet or phone, not a pc.
Shutting down the servers which no one plays on is a better idea because if there aren't any players on it doesn't really matter if it's on or not.
There wouldn't be any/ less complains and we wouldn't lose a great amount of players.

Doctor_Thanos

Those servers should urgently be shut down indeed!
No playerbase and many problems thus needless costs are so many problems that cannot be faced easily and we have to focuse on keeping others, such as Survival, alive a lot more.
Thanks for making this Tow! :)

JinxOnTheLoose

I personally believe hunger games is one of those PvP area games that no longer racks in players. There are thousands of PvP based games, and sadly, Hunger Games is no longer at the top. It's more about SkyWars now.
Parkour could still work. I've suggested this in the past: ''Droppers''. Unsure if they have any other names, but those maps where you fall down an obstacle course to get to the bottom. Maybe adding interesting maps like that with actual rewards.

stormshooter

I know that @Green_Giant worked on a nice map on parkour, so if it is shut down is it still getting moved?

Katherine

Quote from: TeraStorm on Jun 03, 2016, 06:34 PMI know that @Green_Giant worked on a nice map on parkour, so if it is shut down is it still getting moved?
Which one is his?

Kiannaa

Jun 03, 2016, 06:47 PM #12 Last Edit: Jun 03, 2016, 07:03 PM by Super_Boox
I agree with CCookie22 and Duanethedino. Pocket Edition has a lot of awesome players that play on there and a great community too. We should just remove the servers that has been inactive for a while and I understand how Saywhat is busy with other stuff but we can wait for a long time until he's free to update the server. I don't see why Pocket should get shut down when it has a big community and most of the Pocket players only have an IPhone/Android and they can't get a PC for heaps of reasons so let's make them happy...Keep Pocket! :heart:

11_katniss

As I have read on a previous post I thought the parkour server would be a big event server that manager+ do. Why not just make that into a server where manager+ can host events from all servers (except pocket because we don't have events.) the world would be edited to make a building competition arena and other big events.

Pocket Technician

JJoselynnn

I love park our keep it I'll go on it! Take of hunger games its not such a exciting game

DuanetheDino

Quote from: Jinxie on Jun 03, 2016, 06:33 PM''Droppers''. Unsure if they have any other names, but those maps where you fall down an obstacle course to get to the bottom. Maybe adding interesting maps like that with actual rewards.
I made some Droppers on B-Team. Could easily be done on Survival or into a map

Charliiruu☾

I agree there's no point in running a server that no ones goes on....

American_Walrus

Hunger Games is what made me join this server, and it would be a pain to see it go. @Stancrazy and I have been planning to host HG as a Survival event, with a emp prize on Survival. I see reasoning to remove it, but I think it has more potential than it does right now. I personally would love to help it in any way I could. Maybe we should try updating it with more maps/kits.

IPwnCreeps

Quote from: BattleAxium on Jun 03, 2016, 06:12 PMI would take over Altis Life, but was never given the opportunity to do so.
Otherwise, I agree with the rest of the servers mentioned being removed.
This

Sparkle_Sun

Hungergames and Parkour could be modified and put as World 3 events instead of having their own server, too.

Stancrazy

Quote from: American_Walrus on Jun 03, 2016, 07:13 PMHunger Games is what made me join this server, and it would be a pain to see it go. @Stancrazy and I have been planning to host HG as a Survival event, with a emp prize on Survival. I see reasoning to remove it, but I think it has more potential than it does right now. I personally would love to help it in any way I could. Maybe we should try updating it with more maps/kits.
The problem with it currently is that it is unable to even be played. If you do /hg in survival it just gives you a message of "you are already connected to this server!" Due to this and the fact no updates were made on it, there's no way to play it. Also with the timer it is hard to organize events there as it starts automatically.

American_Walrus

Quote from: Stancrazy on Jun 03, 2016, 07:29 PM
Quote from: American_Walrus on Jun 03, 2016, 07:13 PMHunger Games is what made me join this server, and it would be a pain to see it go. @Stancrazy and I have been planning to host HG as a Survival event, with a emp prize on Survival. I see reasoning to remove it, but I think it has more potential than it does right now. I personally would love to help it in any way I could. Maybe we should try updating it with more maps/kits.
The problem with it currently is that it is unable to even be played. If you do /hg in survival it just gives you a message of "you are already connected to this server!" Due to this and the fact no updates were made on it, there's no way to play it. Also with the timer it is hard to organize events there as it starts automatically.
We could fix that with what Sparkle suggested:
Quote from: Sparkle_Sun on Jun 03, 2016, 07:23 PMHungergames and Parkour could be modified and put as World 3 events instead of having their own server, too.

Hungergames, I am all for.  I personally would dedicate a lot of time building new/operable hg courses that aren't near the main spawn area of w3.

Parkour: The parkour courses that were in the old World 3 were purposely put in parkour because the creators of the new w3 (@supermee3 @Green_Giant @Scotmid @camster65 @pothnozz @Barbacue2 @DX_Dragon500 and more) did not want them there. We, as EventHosts, try to keep w3 pretty and appealing, and those parkour courses do not fit either of those descriptions. I just don't think that it's worth putting  in w3 because, as we have seen, no one plays on there. I personally think we could build more parkour courses like slimekour.

Loasty

One thing i want to keep in everyone's minds when we talk about adding new servers and removing servers, not EVERYONE in our community has the ability to play games like ark or rust.  A majority of people who play minecraft (like half of the pix players for example)  dont have specs to play games like that.   Half of us have under 4gb of ram and so expecting the community to move to all these huge games like rust where it requires a semi-new computer; is not do-able at all.   People keep questioning why not more are playing rust?  Its because most of us cant.    If you want to keep the community thriving, find games that a majority of us can play.
@Towelie @Dpa1991
Pixelmon Admin
Need assistance? contact me on discord @ Loasty#4663

iLaxrv10

Quote from: Sparkle_Sun on Jun 03, 2016, 07:23 PMHungergames and Parkour could be modified and put as World 3 events instead of having their own server, too.
This ^^.
So close:
Hunger Games
Parkour
Maybe Lost Islands?
Maybe Qwest?

PE definitely no
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

saywhat2365

Quote from: CCookie22 on Jun 03, 2016, 06:19 PMI agree with Duane.
Pocket has about 10-40 players on every day so shutting it down wouldn't be very sensible from my point of view.
It could cause a lot of complains because some players only own a tablet or phone, not a pc.
Shutting down the servers which no one plays on is a better idea because if there aren't any players on it doesn't really matter if it's on or not.
There wouldn't be any/ less complains and we wouldn't lose a great amount of players.
I actually compiled/updated the server like two days ago so it's good to go :p