Mar 28, 2024, 06:35 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Pixelmon] Course of action

Started by Dpa1991, Jun 17, 2016, 04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

This Saturday me and @Towelie will be going over the complaints we received in the Topic we posted here I just thought I'd give you guys a little more information on what we're planning.

Current list of issues sorted randomly:

• Staff ignoring players in chat when they are asked questions
  • Event hosts not doing events/lack of things to do
  • Low pokemon spawn rates
  • New players confused on how to play - not sure where to go to get help
  • Overhauling the minigame plugins. Such as mob arena and Paintball.
  • Our plans for the Pixelmon mod itself being updated.
  • Lack of resources & buildable land
  • Look into fixing MCMMO (talking to the dev, highly unlikely to receive support for an older version)

1 - We will most likely host a meeting and discuss this, just remember staff members are volunteers and want to enjoy the game just as much as you. It's not always possible for them to get to you right away or they might have just simply missed the message.
2 - @djkirsh said she was going to work on this, me and Towelie will be working on some fun minigame plugins as well. I'll also be working on a creative world where we can do some awesome build comps
3 - I don't really think the spawn rate is low. Any higher the server lags unbelievably bad. Currently with ~10 players online there are 1500+ pokemon on the map. If you're talking about the legendary rate, I will consider increasing their rate just a little.
4 - The current help system (in my opinion) looks pretty well done. Maybe a bit needs to be updated, I'll look at that. Please tell us what you think
5 - As mentioned in #2, we're going to look at plugins and try to get them fixed/updated.
6 - Unfortunately our hands are tied here. As if the server wrapper changing (causing us to lose all of our plugins) wasnt bad enough, pix devs are actively adding code to their mod to prevent it from loading on Technic. Theres just currently no feasible way for us to update past 3.5.1 right now.
7 - If you've looked at the dynmap, the worlds are honestly not in that bad of condition. There are lots of free space, never the less a world reset is in the works.
8 - We're going to try and talk to the dev and see what we can do.

These are just my initial thoughts on the points raised in the topic, after I have a full discussion with Towelie my thoughts are likely to change.

CallOfTheElements

Sounds good, I am eager to see what we can do!

Towelie

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

iLaxrv10

Sounds good, can't wait for #PixSaturday!
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner