Mar 28, 2024, 11:32 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[Qwest] Update

Started by Izzdaer, Jun 05, 2016, 05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izzdaer

Jun 05, 2016, 05:20 PM Last Edit: Jun 05, 2016, 05:36 PM by Izzdaer
Hey All! First off I'd like to apologise to those that did actively play Qwest at release before finishing the storyline at how long overdue this post and what It means for the server is. With Rust now stable and taking less of my time, as well as my University term coming to an end Qwest will finally be getting a full update/rework over the next month.

I am very proud of Qwest and the server it is, and have learnt alot along the way making it, what I want to hear from you all is what you think, other than more quest content and more in depth story lines which I can assure are coming, the server is missing?

-  Over the next month I'm going to be doing full overhauls of the plugins we use, the current quests, the Quest world, Removing / adding quest world builds (some require removal and I am fully aware of this.) adding more to the survival aspect of the server and much more, so this post here is where I want to hear from you guys what TLC the server needs to bring you all back to playing it with me and the team!

- I know some of you are currently up for taking this server down, but please keep those comments off this thread and here instead : https://www.superfuntime.org/forum/index.php/topic,152164.0.html

Thanks for all being a part of SFT. To me this server isn't at all about profit and more about the uniqueness of the server as an addition to the SFT minecraft experience we offer you, so I'm going to be making as many of the donator items as I can now achievable in game, as i would much prefer you supported us on patreon! www.patreon.com/sftmedia?ty=h

I look forward to your suggestions!

- Izzdaer

HD

To be honest, it would be sad if Qwest had to go  :-\

And if i can recall correctly, it was Qwest that made me have a stronger friendship connection with you Izz :)

But my highest suggestion is this: Something to fix /quest, a lot of players are annoyed when they have to log off and then back on, and can't do /quest, and need an admin+ to fix it for them, or the player has to redo all the quest again. If /quest is fixed, then i'm sure players would come back and play it  :laugh:

Other suggestions:
- How about a map in the towns to show all of /w1, and where they are?
- Being able to ride horses in /w1 to travel to places faster? (Places that don't have a /warp)
- Update the ranks a bit? like the amount of time decreased by 10%

Izzdaer

Thanks for your suggestions @Halla

I am aware of the /quest bug, and it does annoy me that probably the greatest problem is something that is out of my control and in the hands of the plugin devs. I have reached out to the devs about it multiple times before and will do so again.

- The dynmap is incredibly helpful for this matter, but ill take a look into plugins with this function
- What a great idea! I'll look into having them as a service or something at horse stations in all the major spots.
- Ill make sure to give them a review.

- Izz

HD

Quote from: Izzdaer on Jun 05, 2016, 05:36 PMThanks for your suggestions @Halla

I am aware of the /quest bug, and it does annoy me that probably the greatest problem is something that is out of my control and in the hands of the plugin devs. I have reached out to the devs about it multiple times before and will do so again.

- The dynmap is incredibly helpful for this matter, but ill take a look into plugins with this function
- What a great idea! I'll look into having them as a service or something at horse stations in all the major spots.
- Ill make sure to give them a review.

- Izz

Thank you for reading, understanding it all =)

Mostly, thank you for bring Qwest to our lives  :laugh:

Lady_Laqueesha

My kids and I love qwest so please keep it going!!