Mar 29, 2024, 03:12 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

You can now use MC 1.10

Started by Towelie, Jun 09, 2016, 07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

We have not yet updated to Minecraft 1.10, but I am using a protocol hack to allow 1.10 clients until we actually update (which may be a while and it's irrelevant anyway until the world reset because we wouldn't get the new content until the world is actually reset.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Fractalion

Jun 09, 2016, 08:09 AM #1 Last Edit: Jun 09, 2016, 08:29 AM by Fractalion
Since updates have a tendency to cause everything to break horribly (especially slimefun stuff), would it be possible to announce the update ~24 hours in advance of whenever it is going to happen?

I know that would make the update a little bit more annoying to plan, but since the update is basically guaranteed to break some things, I'd recommend announcing it ahead of time. Just add on a few warnings like:
-Make sure any SlimeFun backpacks have been emptied, and do not attempt to open them until we tell you it is safe.
-Make sure your pets have been picked up and are safely stored in their eggs. Do not release them again until we tell you it is safe.
-Make sure you pick up any plugin-specific blocks, such as the SlimeFun Ancient Altar and store them until you are told they are safe to place again.
etc.

Feel free to add any other things that have a tendency to break because of updates.

I say this because I know that every time we update without a "This is the time it will happen" warning, there are a bunch of people who will say "I lost x stacks of diamonds because my backpack broke!", and although it's true that people are warned they should not store valuables in their backpacks, you can't really blame them because from my experience they only ever seem to have problems when we update. (and back in the day when they were first introduced, but they've changed since then so that's fairly irrelevant)

Again, I know it's a bit more work, but it'll save the staff from having to calm down a bunch of angry people who weren't aware of the dangers associated with version updates.

It won't really affect me, I'm going to be operating with extreme caution until we update, or I am told we will have a 24 hour warning post, but it'll save everyone else a big headache.

calfrokrill

SuperJK

/warp SteveCoMuseum

HD

Thanks Towelie, and your hacks ;)

xQuicScopex

the new blocks mostly only spawn in the nether for 1.10 other then that 1.10 shouldnt affect a reset too badly

JohnOaklyjohn

iLaxrv10

The hype for Polar Bears....
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

JohnOaklyjohn

Lucazade13

When dem hax works for SFT :>  :o

Thanks Towelie  :heart:

Survival Elite
Just your average energy drink