News:

Please vote for us daily!

Feedback on Lost Islands

Started by blalp, Jun 10, 2016, 05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blalp

Quote from: Greywell on Jun 15, 2016, 02:01 AM
Quote from: blalp on Jun 14, 2016, 10:30 PM
Quote from: blalp on Jun 14, 2016, 01:19 AMWhat can we do with the players that have played a long time and now have nothing to do? @Greywell @aymaneto @XxRagingKillerX @dimondsword. I want your input so we can keep the old players and keep expanding. Please, no mod recommendations, we are working on that already. Thanks!
For example, would you guys like events? If so what kind? There is on guarantee that we will do events or your events specifically, just trying to gather some ideas.
Anywthing else?

I got a great idea! 1 event could be spleen and the other could be Magic Madness. Magic Madness is a pvp type event where you use blood magic weapons or magic, and thaumcraft magic or weapons in a tournament type battle winner gets like a really good prize and everyone else gets the same minor prizes. Every event will be hosted if there are 6 or more players on
You thinking like in the pvp arena? and what is spleen? Spleef?
Have a fantastic day!

arch8ic

Quote from: blalp on Jun 10, 2016, 05:09 AMThere is currently some updates of to the modpack being considered. Please keep this to non-mod related discussion.

@bomber261
SFT Lost Islands Engineer!

bomber261

ik lol just saying but the main issue rn is the lag

Greywell

Quote from: blalp on Jun 15, 2016, 02:55 AM
Quote from: blalp on Jun 14, 2016, 01:19 AMWhat can we do with the players that have played a long time and now have nothing to do? @Greywell @aymaneto @XxRagingKillerX @dimondsword. I want your input so we can keep the old players and keep expanding. Please, no mod recommendations, we are working on that already. Thanks!
For example, would you guys like events? If so what kind? There is on guarantee that we will do events or your events specifically, just trying to gather some ideas.
Anywthing else?

I got a great idea! 1 event could be spleen and the other could be Magic Madness. Magic Madness is a pvp type event where you use blood magic weapons or magic, and thaumcraft magic or weapons in a tournament type battle winner gets like a really good prize and everyone else gets the same minor prizes. Every event will be hosted if there are 6 or more players on

Spleef is a game where every uses a shovel to mine the block under the person to make them fall to their doom or you can put multiple levels or platforms that they can do it again. There is another version of this game called Splegg, it is where you have a shovel and by right clicking it you shoot eggs and when the eggs touch blocks it makes the blocks disappear, if you want automatic restart you'll need a type of plugin

Greywell

We could do voting crates and other rare crates you must do a task to get the key for the crate and for the voting crate you vote to get the key then use it to get a random reward. It adds a variety of voting items to be added

Tyler7733

A few suggestions:
1. add a link to vote for the lost islands server within the lost islands branch of the sft forum (so that I can vote on week days easily, and not have to lower my fps to 3 while on the server for 5 minutes when I want to vote on weekends)
2. configure the server so bats have a lower chance of spawning(if possible)
3. configure the server so hellfish have a lower chance of spawning(if possible)
4. make a separate smaller and less grand pvp arena a decent distance from spawn, the event area, and the other arena so those with small fps (like me) can actually pvp with more than 10fps
5. adjust the mod limit so a ghast doesn't count as multiple dozens of mobs (if possible)
6. unban the sleeping bag because it serves the same purpose as /kill
7. enable /seed (so we can see where slime chunks are using chunk base)
8. add a way to be able to sell a few million items at a time
You must accept the fundamental truth of reality, Lost = Life!!

blalp

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 20, 2016, 08:57 PM1. add a link to vote for the lost islands server within the lost islands branch of the sft forum (so that I can vote on week days easily, and not have to lower my fps to 3 while on the server for 5 minutes when I want to vote on weekends)
this what you are looking for? http://www.superfuntime.org/vote
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 20, 2016, 08:57 PM2. configure the server so bats have a lower chance of spawning(if possible)
3. configure the server so hellfish have a lower chance of spawning(if possible)
In the nether?
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 20, 2016, 08:57 PM4. make a separate smaller and less grand pvp arena a decent distance from spawn, the event area, and the other arena so those with small fps (like me) can actually pvp with more than 10fps
pvp arena laggy for you? We can try to clean up a bit
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 20, 2016, 08:57 PM5. adjust the mod limit so a ghast doesn't count as multiple dozens of mobs (if possible)
Is there a reason why you want ghasts on the islands in the first place? I personally would not like them to spawn on my is.
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 20, 2016, 08:57 PM6. unban the sleeping bag because it serves the same purpose as /kill
Can you elaborate please?
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 20, 2016, 08:57 PM7. enable /seed (so we can see where slime chunks are using chunk base)
There are no slime islands, are you talking about the nether or end?
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 20, 2016, 08:57 PM8. add a way to be able to sell a few million items at a time
We have a sell 1728 signs. The max would be your full inv, and the 1728 was preferred in a poll I did. How do you suggest we make that work? I understand that selling takes awhile, but am unsure how to speed it up.
Thanks for the feedback!
Have a fantastic day!

blalp

Quote from: Greywell on Jun 15, 2016, 11:45 PMWe could do voting crates and other rare crates you must do a task to get the key for the crate and for the voting crate you vote to get the key then use it to get a random reward. It adds a variety of voting items to be added
With the new voting system, there is a chance that you get crates from your votes.
Have a fantastic day!

blalp

Quote from: Greywell on Jun 15, 2016, 06:27 PM
Quote from: blalp on Jun 15, 2016, 02:55 AM
Anywthing else?

Spleef is a game where every uses a shovel to mine the block under the person to make them fall to their doom or you can put multiple levels or platforms that they can do it again. There is another version of this game called Splegg, it is where you have a shovel and by right clicking it you shoot eggs and when the eggs touch blocks it makes the blocks disappear, if you want automatic restart you'll need a type of plugin
We have this now, thanks for the suggestion!
Have a fantastic day!

blalp

Quote from: SkeletonDaBruh on Jun 10, 2016, 05:26 AMI especially like the idea of harder bosses because it would give the players another challenge to accomplish and work hard to achieve. Events would also be a nice thing to have for fun and some rewards that could help In-Game.
We have the chaos guardian now.
Quote from: Zenima on Jun 10, 2016, 05:30 AMMaybe add a mod or two that were suggested? The mods should be able to be compatible, especially since if you finish a certain mod like botania aside from the decorative blocks and alchemical duplication. There is no reason to carry on with a certain mod. But, at the same time they shouldn't be solely dependent on another.
I have heard good suggestions like Draconic Evolution which could rival Thaumcraft in the armor and help with people that dislike thaumcraft, also those that are crazy for fighting tough mobs and power hoarding.
There is forbidden magic plug in since it combines the three magic mods, Blood, Thaum and Botania, which could help people want to try the other mods.
Also, just a mod pack update would help the server, no matter how big or small, 2 months and some people have commented to me before asking if the pack has been deserted in favor of the other mods hosted by SFT.
mod update done.
Sorry that i did not respond sooner.
Have a fantastic day!

Rose2247

In my own opinion I feel like there should be a /sell command where we can just do a /sell hand or even have a /shop option. It seems easier for everyone and spawn can be quite laggy too
To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

blalp

Quote from: Rose2247 on Sep 21, 2016, 01:57 AMIn my own opinion I feel like there should be a /sell command where we can just do a /sell hand or even have a /shop option. It seems easier for everyone and spawn can be quite laggy too
this would increase the delay in adding new items. Is spawn still laggy?
Have a fantastic day!

Tyler7733

To explain my suggestions, Lower overworld bat spawns(because my tnt wars map spawned roughly 130 of them from a 30x20 area after 2 hours), for the pvp area suggestion, I need around 17 fps average to pvp decently and that is roughly what I get on my island while not loading the node, for the ghast part, it would be nice to be able to be able to farm ghasts without the risk of losing the spawner from a nether reset, for the sleeping bag part, /kill is currently enabled, but the sleeping bag is banned for having the same function according to the banned items list, for the /seed part, it would be nice to be able to enter the seed into chunk base in order to find slime chunks(randomly occurring overworld chunks where slimes can spawn at y< 41) in order to use a certain botania flower that requires them to generate mana, for the selling items part, I would either go with rose's idea or something like a case when you are on and we have a dsu of tons of items if we could trade the entire dsu to you for the value in emp of the items contained, for the vote link part I was thinking of something more like a topic just for the link, but that works (but just as a side question, do all votes for sft count to every server or is there a list of compatible votes with each sft server?).

blalp

There are no slime islands. They are off so some islands don't have an advantage. How much fps do you get at pvp? At spawn? Deep storage unit selling is interesting, we wouldn't be able to set up without custom plugin. I like the idea to sell more, but i don't think it could work on the server. Voteparty votes for all sft (reduces login time). Will look into a way to lower bat spawns. Can you think of a reason that /kill is on?
Have a fantastic day!

Tyler7733

Sep 22, 2016, 10:02 PM #39 Last Edit: Sep 22, 2016, 10:05 PM by Tyler7733
Quote from: blalp on Sep 22, 2016, 09:46 PMThere are no slime islands. They are off so some islands don't have an advantage. How much fps do you get at pvp? At spawn? Deep storage unit selling is interesting, we wouldn't be able to set up without custom plugin. I like the idea to sell more, but i don't think it could work on the server. Voteparty votes for all sft (reduces login time). Will look into a way to lower bat spawns. Can you think of a reason that /kill is on?
/kill can be used as a quick way to get your own head, and for the slime part, I didn't say slime islands, I said slime chunks, they are two entirely different things, slime islands spawn blue slimes using the slime water, slime chunks are 100% vanilla and spawn green slimes. At spawn I get fps averages ranging from 0.5 fps in the shop to 8fps on the other side of spawn, in /pvp i get 10 fps.

Tyler7733

I highly doubt I am the only one who thinks this(but I am sure people will hate me for this if it comes back), but the part of the server that prevents right clicking for things like blocking for example(the part people would hate me for...) needs to be edited. I have 6 pvp strategies, some of which overlap, but 3 of which I cant use because of protections(thaumcraft foci, spell orb, and the all hated "god mode"(if you have never heard of it, then you havnt seen the counter to the draconic staff of power)). Not to mention the fact that I would really like to use my bottomless pouch in /pvp along with my charm of dislocation while I am in the void.

Just in case, if this topic isnt meant for suggestions like this, just let me know and I will make a new topic when making future suggestions unless there is an unlocked one I have not seen somewhere in the lost islands part of this forum.

Tyler7733

Like/Dislike:  A like: Back when the restrictions on pvp bypassing were lower and players felt like they had more freedom... those were the good old days, when any form of griefing would take the form of killing another player using a bow. Then a person more progressed in the game would shut down anyone who was spawn killing. The server back then gave so much entertainment, because you always had the goal to 1-up another person in friendly competition for the strongest items.
Dislike: How the server has trailed so far off from those days, to the point where now if you just want to help someone, the most effective method is to go to their island to find out what they need, head back to your island so you can get the needed item out of your golden bag of holding or pouch, then go back to that person's island to give them the item. Also, now if people choose to grief another person, that now takes the form of raiding the me systems of anyone who has trusted you.
Suggestion (if it was a dislike or if you just want to): As a lost islands staff once said, (yes, I remember this and probably won't forget... please don't think anything of this as having an intention that I am using it against you) "why limit the player". If just 1 pvp prevention protection was lifted (for example, making tconstruct bows bypass pvp again), I feel like that could cut down on cases of griefing builds. Cases when someone can be spam killed is an easily dealt with situation using the simple command /is ban playername. Cases of griefing often occur when the builder/gatherer is offline. If the "good old days of the server" of the server are any indication, this idea should work.
More Information: Even though I was often the "hunted" back in the "good old days of the server" because I didn't make a bow until about 140 hours in, it was still the most enjoyable time in the server because I was always 1 upping the people who joined around the time I did in the armor area.

blalp

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Oct 19, 2016, 12:32 AMLike/Dislike:  A like: Back when the restrictions on pvp bypassing were lower and players felt like they had more freedom... those were the good old days, when any form of griefing would take the form of killing another player using a bow. Then a person more progressed in the game would shut down anyone who was spawn killing. The server back then gave so much entertainment, because you always had the goal to 1-up another person in friendly competition for the strongest items.
Dislike: How the server has trailed so far off from those days, to the point where now if you just want to help someone, the most effective method is to go to their island to find out what they need, head back to your island so you can get the needed item out of your golden bag of holding or pouch, then go back to that person's island to give them the item. Also, now if people choose to grief another person, that now takes the form of raiding the me systems of anyone who has trusted you.
Suggestion (if it was a dislike or if you just want to): As a lost islands staff once said, (yes, I remember this and probably won't forget... please don't think anything of this as having an intention that I am using it against you) "why limit the player". If just 1 pvp prevention protection was lifted (for example, making tconstruct bows bypass pvp again), I feel like that could cut down on cases of griefing builds. Cases when someone can be spam killed is an easily dealt with situation using the simple command /is ban playername. Cases of griefing often occur when the builder/gatherer is offline. If the "good old days of the server" of the server are any indication, this idea should work.
More Information: Even though I was often the "hunted" back in the "good old days of the server" because I didn't make a bow until about 140 hours in, it was still the most enjoyable time in the server because I was always 1 upping the people who joined around the time I did in the armor area.
You should be able to use tcon bows and such on your own islands. It is unfortunate that this plugin blocks so much, but you should still be able to use them on your protected land. Thanks for feedback!
Have a fantastic day!

XxRagingKillerX

Quote from: blalp on Jun 14, 2016, 01:19 AMexamples @arch8ic, and what were you thinking @iLaxrv10? What can we do with the players that have played a long time and now have nothing to do? @Greywell @aymaneto @XxRagingKillerX @dimondsword. I want your input so we can keep the old players and keep expanding. Please, no mod recommendations, we are working on that already. Thanks!
i never saw this i would be happy to help
Lost is a server that can only get better :) <3
Rage
Raging
Craigo