Mar 28, 2024, 09:17 PM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

World 2 reset and build move arrangements

Started by Brightpkz, Jun 19, 2016, 03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightpkz

Jun 19, 2016, 06:46 PM #25 Last Edit: Jun 19, 2016, 06:50 PM by Brightpkz
May I also explain that... The statistics Lucy provided were completely wrong....

There are well beyond thousands of players here at SuperFunTime. Previous records have shown that build moves could go up to that number. If we're talking about double digits thats more like the count of build moves done by a Manager in one session. In fact, just our forums have 9225 members already, which discounts players who have not registered yet.

The world isn't mega small, but if you look at dynamic map to analyse the situation for yourself. You'd realise why we're introducing such schemes.

Like Katherine said, we're draining the money because the wealth gap is huge. Honestly, you're seriously making a problem out of nothing.

We always did build moves featuring one build per player. Sure, players had problem with that and that was a lack of multiple build moves. They offered to pay for them. We listened. So we're introducing this scheme here not to strip off all the rights of poor players but at the same time draining money from rich ones who have a monopoly of builds. I hope you realise that ultimately this scheme is beneficial for all because it will in turn help drain out some empbucks but also vote tokens.

On the point that people cannot gather vote tokens in time, that is untrue. People have been assembling them through marketplace, ml, auctions, etc. And they always get good deals because of the large supply we've got currently flowing around in our server.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

ryan_m004

This is an excellent way to go about moving buildings, well done on this decision. :)
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

Stoovs

I don't understand why anyone is making a fuss about the costs. Money takes no time to get. Go mining for about 2 hours a day. Within 2 weeks you will have more than enough resources to make yourself money to move your builds.

The same goes for vote tokens. Take 15 days to vote every day. Of those 15 days you're guaranteed to pick up some vote tokens and multiples at a time are also possible. On day 5 of voting every day you have a chance at 20 vote tokens and again, multiple chances at 20 vote tokens.

Getting the resources needed to have extra builds move is simple you just have to want to work for it. If you're not willing to work for it, you clearly don't want your builds moved that badly. Pretty simple.
"There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts" -Voltaire

GotAnError

This is just a post to provide a simple solution to that which has been a problem for many, many resets in the past.

Stop causing drama. This reset was announced a month ago. In total, you would have had about 7 weeks to move several of your creations manually. You decided not to because you blatantly counted on the Manager+'s doing the dirty work for you.

That is laziness. Own up to it or start using your time to collect money for moving purposes instead of using your time to complain about a solution which is not fully reaching your standards.

And if you're so concerned about players who don't have enough money to move, then why not support them financially? Why not talk to the Manager+'s to see if there is a possible exception or other option for them. There are so many things you guys could have done with your time, but you decided to spend it on arguing.

EDIT: Stoovs was a bit earlier than I was. Darn you, Stoovs.
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

ste2302

i would like someone to move my island and even though it's one build and should be free i don't mind paying to have it moved as it's a big island though

/warp harbour

Brightpkz

Link to request for offline build moves: http://goo.gl/forms/WqWQE09Fq3KQjLXf2

Please note, items will not be moved due to 1.10 for now. Remember to do them on your own!

GotAnError

Quote from: Brightpkz on Jun 19, 2016, 07:38 PMLink to request for offline build moves: http://goo.gl/forms/WqWQE09Fq3KQjLXf2

Please note, items will not be moved due to 1.10 for now. Remember to do them on your own!

How come exactly?

Brightpkz

Quote from: GotAnError on Jun 19, 2016, 07:40 PM
Quote from: Brightpkz on Jun 19, 2016, 07:38 PMLink to request for offline build moves: http://goo.gl/forms/WqWQE09Fq3KQjLXf2

How come exactly?

Due to 1.10. The chest moves are bugged out right now.

GotAnError

Quote from: Brightpkz on Jun 19, 2016, 07:41 PM

How come exactly?

Ouch, that sucks. D:

Lucy_23x

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Fractalion

You can make a million in a day very easily if you try. Besides, anyone who has been voting for the server for a decent amount of time should have the vote tokens necessary for both moves already anyway.

I think the fees are perfectly reasonable. If anything they might even be a bit low.

maxwolf28

How come exactly?

If i read this right nothing in chests will get moved.
Idea to fix this... we could go back down to 1.9 for 2-3 weeks then before the reset update. (just an idea).

GotAnError

Quote from: maxwolf28 on Jun 19, 2016, 09:55 PM

How come exactly?

Idea to fix this... we could go back down to 1.9 for 2-3 weeks then before the reset update. (just an idea).

That would be unbelievably kind of you. I am ready to move them manually too, of course.

misspiggy95

Quote from: GotAnError on Jun 19, 2016, 10:47 PM

How come exactly?

That would be unbelievably kind of you. I am ready to move them manually too, of course.
@Towelie Is this possible?

Melons are love. Melons are life

Lucy_23x

Quote from: Brightpkz on Jun 19, 2016, 06:46 PMMay I also explain that... The statistics Lucy provided were completely wrong....

I was half asleep man and I don't analyse the whole server every day

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Lucy_23x

Hey it's okay if you wanna avoid the the opposing side thingy, I'm just doing my thing.

Brightpkz

Jun 21, 2016, 01:39 AM #41 Last Edit: Jun 21, 2016, 01:42 AM by Brightpkz
I wasn't avoiding anything. So far your responses have been, "That made no sense to me" and "I was half asleep..."

However, as the rest have already understood the situation at hand, I saw no point to further this. This is as fair as possible. It was always one build move per player in the past. Now, we're introducing subsequent build moves. More things cost more money. The subsequent moves obviously would not be an exception considering our already poor economy with the huge wealth gap.

As others have also explained, 500k-1mil is easily achievable and therefore I do not see this as a problem and in fact, it is more of an emp and vote token drainage.

maxwolf28

Quote from: misspiggy95 on Jun 19, 2016, 11:22 PM
Quote from: GotAnError on Jun 19, 2016, 10:47 PM

How come exactly?

@Towelie Is this possible?
@Brightpkz What do you guys think about this?

GotAnError

Arias0

Jeez, stop complaining. In the time all you guys write your huge ass essay complaints you could've made a few thousand lmao.

If anyone has a nice builds, I'll check them out and if they're sexy af I'll pay for it to be moved.

shotzy9

sounds fair enough just to keep the new world from cluttering up too fast

Words once spoken by a wise Mod

Lucy_23x

Alright hey I understand why the builds are expensive to move, but I dont think the money gap would be solved if you take 1 mil from a poorer person as well as a filthy rich person. All I would say is if you want to spread the money out more equally, then balance out the amount of money you have to pay, such as, if someone has 20k, make them pay 5k and it someone has 100 mil, make them may 25 mil or something, this may seem unfair to some people but I think it's unfair to make someone with very little money lose a build for the sole reason they don't have any money. As well someone saying its "easy to get 500k - 1mil" every day - do feel free to share how you actually do that because I, and a lot of other people, have no clue which is why we're trying to save whatever scraps of money we have. If I did have some much emp that I could pretty much dump half of it and still be mega rich, then I would "financially support" those who have less money than me, but the people with the huge amounts of money will not do not. And he clustering builds thing, of the builds are nice, they are wanted and they are being used, I don't understand how they are then automatically "cluster" but hey what do I know I mine obsidian for fun and think cobble monsters are pretty. I understand you think "balancing the economy" is something that needs to be done but taking from those who don't have as much won't really make a difference to it, if you know what I mean?
Damn this is long, hope you had tons of fun reading that xD

Brightpkz

You speak of 500k-1mil as if the value is so huge. We are implementing this for an all round emp and vote token drainage. The staff team agreed with the scheme and this was discussed within the team for more than half an hour. If you'd look at the map you'd realise the problem with making subsequent build moves readily available for anyone willing. And that proposal you suggested would not aid emp drainage at all.

maxwolf28

Quote from: Lucy_23x on Jun 21, 2016, 06:47 AMif someone has 20k, make them pay 5k and it someone has 100 mil, m
Quote from: Lucy_23x on Jun 21, 2016, 06:47 AMif someone has 20k, make them pay 5k and it someone has 100 mil, make them may 25 mil or somethin
Quote from: Lucy_23x on Jun 21, 2016, 06:47 AMif someone has 20k, make them pay 5k and it someone has 100 mil, make them may 25 mil or something
lol, so you want people who actually work for their money to lose a lot of our money, and people who don't do shit to lose like nothing? With sft's economic state it is very easy to make 1mill, stop being lazy, go mine for 5h a week, you will get 1mill so easy. Like think about what you said, if you can't ill tell you how most people see (can't speak for everyone but at least me and many others do. people who work for money have to pay more. people who don't work for money have to pay less. now, does that seem more fair then a set price that isn't insane?

sorry this is just a quick rant.

Lucy_23x

Quote from: maxwolf28 on Jun 21, 2016, 04:09 PM
Quote from: Lucy_23x on Jun 21, 2016, 06:47 AMif someone has 20k, make them pay 5k and it someone has 100 mil, m
Quote from: Lucy_23x on Jun 21, 2016, 06:47 AMif someone has 20k, make them pay 5k and it someone has 100 mil, make them may 25 mil or somethin
Quote from: Lucy_23x on Jun 21, 2016, 06:47 AMif someone has 20k, make them pay 5k and it someone has 100 mil, make them may 25 mil or something
lol, so you want people who actually work for their money to lose a lot of our money, and people who don't do shit to lose like nothing? With sft's economic state it is very easy to make 1mill, stop being lazy, go mine for 5h a week, you will get 1mill so easy. Like think about what you said, if you can't ill tell you how most people see (can't speak for everyone but at least me and many others do. people who work for money have to pay more. people who don't work for money have to pay less. now, does that seem more fair then a set price that isn't insane?

sorry this is just a quick rant.
Excuse me boy but I'm not being lazy.
One of the main things I do on survival is mine, but I don't do it just to get a ton of cash I do it because I like mining and I like having the materials.
You may be rich af or whateve, but if staff apparently want to "drain money because of the huge money gap" but then make someone with less money pay the same as someone with tons of it, that's not really gonna make a difference in the gap.
Some people don't want to play survival for the sole reason of money, must mine for money, must sell for money, must do this for money.
Just because I, or other people don't have wads of cash because every single little pinprick of our efforts goes into money doesn't mean we're ruddy lazy. And these people also include established players too.
I for one can actually pay for my three builds to be moved, but others aren't so lucky.
Also, people keep saying that it's so easy to get 500k to 1 mil in a day, and now it's stretched to a week, and I wouldn't say "5 hours of straight mining" is very fun.
A lot of people aren't actually willing to take on board what I'm saying and are just trying to argue back at me.
If you're so sure that draining the economy of money is a good thing - why are you then saying it's unfair to take money off the rich people who are one reason for the massive money gap. I know they've worked hard for the money believe me I do, but taking money off the people who don't have that much - worked for it or not - is not going to help this money balance which for some reason has come into moving builds.
And believe it or not, 500k to 1mil is a lot for some people!
I remember when 20k was a lot to me and I thought I was rich!
Just because it's not a lot to you doesn't mean it's a lot for others.