Mar 28, 2024, 03:00 PM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

World2 was reset!

Started by Towelie, Jul 02, 2016, 11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the new /w2 spawn?

Yes
39 (68.4%)
No
18 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: Jul 04, 2016, 11:48 AM

Towelie

World2 was reset! You can now explore the new World2 (/w2) and find wild polar bears and so on!
Thanks to @Katherine and her team for building the spawn.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

xJade

Woo Thanks @Katherine and team for the new spawn! it looks amazing! :heart:

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

Doctor_Thanos

Absolutely magnifecent job! :)

Jukipal

Lovin' it like McDonalds!

JinxOnTheLoose

Katherine

Can't please everyone I guess.

But I'm happy with how it turned out, myself and everyone involved worked super hard on this!

FinalTest

If you vote no, can you please put a reason why? It'll help improve future spawns.

stormshooter

Quote from: FinalTest on Jul 02, 2016, 02:28 PMIf you vote no, can you please put a reason why? It'll help improve future spawns.
I know some people aren't huge fans of my critique, but seeing as though you're asking for some I'll apply it.
A few people, me included find the spawn very bright, imo you've overused quartz.
I also don't think that the pink clay fits in with quartz and stone.

Other then that I like the spawn. :)

camster65

Quote from: FinalTest on Jul 02, 2016, 02:28 PMIf you vote no, can you please put a reason why? It'll help improve future spawns.

I feel that being trapped in the spawn area isn't very welcoming, forcing people without fly to walk through one way if they want to leave spawn

King_Craftius

Tbh in my opinion a few bits need to be changed:
#1 = Its too bright, aka too much quartz has been used
#2 = I like a spawn that lets you explore and not confined to pathways which you cant get out of, its like your in a prison. To further this why add so many air barrier blocks especially on fences so you cant explore.
#3 = Too much like the themepark attraction we had on the world
#4 = Looks more like a gaming world than a world spawn
#5 = Directions are poor to explore the spawn
#6 = Imo little effort done outside but the interiors look really nice
#7 = Too many of the same blocks used (dark oak + quarts), little diversity/variation makes it look tacky
#8 = The fences are too high around the walkways it blocks off looking at the spawn itself

These are just my opinions there are not exactly correct for every player, but please reply if you agree with me.

Brightpkz

Fixed your poll, it said /w2 spawn. Should be /w1

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

Brightpkz

Quote from: camster65 on Jul 02, 2016, 03:29 PM

I feel that being trapped in the spawn area isn't very welcoming, forcing people without fly to walk through one way if they want to leave spawn

The old /w2 spawn was exactly like that. People just leave the spawn by doing /random.

American_Walrus

Quote from: Brightpkz on Jul 02, 2016, 03:41 PM

The old /w2 spawn was exactly like that. People just leave the spawn by doing /random.
That doesn't mean we should do it again, if this is the case

stormshooter

New players usually don't know what /random is so they prefer leaving it normally.

Katherine

Quote from: TeraStorm on Jul 02, 2016, 03:53 PM

New players usually don't know what /random is so they prefer leaving it normally.
Except there's a hologram blocks from where you spawn saying 'type /random to find a building spot'...

stormshooter

Quote from: Katherine on Jul 02, 2016, 03:56 PM

Except there's a hologram blocks from where you spawn saying 'type /random to find a building spot'...
People ignore it...?

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: Brightpkz on Jul 02, 2016, 03:39 PMFixed your poll, it said /w2 spawn. Should be /w1
@Brightpkz no it is /w2, worlds weren't swapped around this time.

Far as spawn goes it's quite nice. Things I'm not so fond of being the overuse of dark oak/quartz, buildings seeming very samey and the spawn point is pretty poor (no good views of the spawn area due to low down position and trees surrounding it). Lacks a certain wow factor as well but that's hard to achieve. Still, nice job folks who worked on it better than I could do xP

Brightpkz

Quote from: TeraStorm on Jul 02, 2016, 04:00 PM
Quote from: Katherine on Jul 02, 2016, 03:56 PM

People ignore it...?

If people ignored it, how have they gotten around the problem of having to "walk through one way if they want to leave spawn". How has nobody spoke a word about this problem for almost 2 years?

Pookalton

Awesome! I'm glad I got to work on it <3

ninjadanny22

Quote from: King_Craftius on Jul 02, 2016, 03:34 PMTbh in my opinion a few bits need to be changed:
#2 = I like a spawn that lets you explore and not confined to pathways which you cant get out of, its like your in a prison. To further this why add so many air barrier blocks especially on fences so you cant explore.
#7 = Too many of the same blocks used (dark oak + quarts), little diversity/variation makes it look tacky
#8 = The fences are too high around the walkways it blocks off looking at the spawn itself

These are just my opinions there are not exactly correct for every player, but please reply if you agree with me.

I voted that i liked it.. however, i completely agree with all of these points.

TheStarNomad✯

I see the point of too much Quartz is the main critique here, but really for the old w2 spawn, there was too much boring oak wood and cobble. I like the nice change.

Long time StarNomad

camster65

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Jul 02, 2016, 04:20 PMFar as spawn goes it's quite nice. Things I'm not so fond of being the overuse of dark oak/quartz, buildings seeming very samey and the spawn point is pretty poor (no good views of the spawn area due to low down position and trees surrounding it). Lacks a certain wow factor as well but that's hard to achieve. Still, nice job folks who worked on it better than I could do xP

Agree with Jamie's points

ochoaj

Quote from: ninjadanny22 on Jul 02, 2016, 05:32 PM
Quote from: King_Craftius on Jul 02, 2016, 03:34 PMTbh in my opinion a few bits need to be changed:

I voted that i liked it.. however, i completely agree with all of these points.
Same. I wish I could've voted no tbh. I agree with all of these points.  :steve:
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
― Benjamin Franklin

casey_jr_9

I truly am sad that all of my stuff is gone because of this reset, but there is the chance to help the server with the new world. I don't know how exactly to feel, but I will build a whole lot more for the server and for youtube.

Towelie

Quote from: casey_jr_9 on Jul 03, 2016, 02:30 AMI truly am sad that all of my stuff is gone because of this reset, but there is the chance to help the server with the new world. I don't know how exactly to feel, but I will build a whole lot more for the server and for youtube.
The old world will be mounted on the dev server so if you didn't ask a Manager to transfer your builds that will still be possible.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796