Mar 29, 2024, 11:09 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Whelp

Started by Towelie, Jul 06, 2016, 03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arch8ic

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 06, 2016, 05:54 PMhttps://www.spigotmc.org/threads/mojang-no-longer-allowing-non-cosmetic-vote-rewards.161520/page-3#post-1719126

I'm hoping this reply actually gains traction. Unlike the other (extremely immature) ones, this one's actually reasoned and calls everyone to action. Well worded, Tow c;
PS i love ur memes bro
SFT Lost Islands Engineer!

Lucy_23x

When you be that person who stands up and says
"Settle down lads"

Someone be that person while I sneak over and assassinate EULA

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

krankenstein20

Ok I was skim reading through what is and isn't allowed then I had a light bulb :D, it went out but quickly came back on again.
How about you can buy fly from the premium shop but its only allowed in a certain area (eg chunks) and anyone can use it? With the condition that it must be in a place where you own the build or intend to build, as everyone can use it and only lasts in said chunk it should be ok?

Izzdaer

Ive been watching all sorts of threads and have had anonymous email correspondence with mojang (Or their BOT Brandon who is emailing us all) and have compiled all the important information i found into a layed out word document, which i have forwarded on for @Towelie 's viewing.

But I have dug out some pretty worrying stuff, but we have also managed to figure out some hard facts within the mist of hazy rules mojang is currently chugging out.

As for theories on how to get around it, we have to tread carefully because ive been talking to alot of server owners who thought they had found a way around it, a mojang representative connect to their server and they were whitelisted for a breach. bottom line is these rules are hazy, and their enforcement is just as hazy, and even if we dont directly break these rules, its looking like mojang can just choose to blacklist anyways if they dont like what a server is doing.

arch8ic

Quote from: Izzdaer on Jul 06, 2016, 06:16 PMIve been watching all sorts of threads and have had anonymous email correspondence with mojang (Or their BOT Brandon who is emailing us all) and have compiled all the important information i found into a layed out word document, which i have forwarded on for @Towelie 's viewing.

But I have dug out some pretty worrying stuff, but we have also managed to figure out some hard facts within the mist of hazy rules mojang is currently chugging out.

As for theories on how to get around it, we have to tread carefully because ive been talking to alot of server owners who thought they had found a way around it, a mojang representative connect to their server and they were whitelisted for a breach. bottom line is these rules are hazy, and their enforcement is just as hazy, and even if we dont directly break these rules, its looking like mojang can just choose to blacklist anyways if they dont like what a server is doing.
Microsoft in general is being really hazy about this. My advice, honestly, is to not try anything that could end us. We're already treading on thin ice here; finding a possible loophole might land us in even bigger trouble if we're not careful. Moving on from Minecraft might just be the best option we've got.
SFT Lost Islands Engineer!

Izzdaer

I exactly agree that we need to be down to a T compliant and not try and haze things. But dont you all think this is the end of SFt minecraft i know myself, @Towelie , @Dpa1991 and others wont let that happen.

CallOfTheElements

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jul 06, 2016, 05:39 AM
Quote from: Fractalion on Jul 06, 2016, 05:34 AM
Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jul 06, 2016, 05:26 AM
Quote from: LavishGaming on Jul 06, 2016, 04:02 AMThis is bad news, but we just need to keep jetting around with our siphons puffing out the water of the past and taking in new bouts of amazingness that is the future! we will make it through this!

And then mojang will tell us we cant do that either. They gave the seal of approval for rank missions, only to wait until servers had it developed to give them a month to remove it. Mojang only has one goal, and that's to shut us down to promote their new minecraft "addons"

I hadn't even heard about their add-ons thing yet, which tells me the community isn't that excited about it.

This just reinforces my belief that they aren't going to stop banning random bits of what made the Minecraft community great until we're eventually left with nothing but the base game, and stuff that is made through their add-on system. It's a shame that they're slowing driving their game into the ground.
https://youtu.be/3Dc8JrTyC2I here's the video of you're interested. So why doesn't ark interest you?

I think arc is a great place to move, but it is a true shame about the eula.

Kamer

The guidelines the EULA wants us to follow now are completely idiotic. The first wave of blacklisting seemed reasonable. It was still annoying, but reasonable. This has just gone too far now.

shadowaurax

Quote from: Green_Giant on Jul 06, 2016, 11:09 AMRemember when Minecraft was open sandbox game, where the customisation of plugins was nearly limitless, and the future of this game was looking so awesome? Restricting developers, and server hosts content will only deter players in my opinion. This is an absolute load of crap. I honestly don't know why they would actually do this, it's so ludicrously stupid.

God damn it Notch, fix your game.

Captain abandoned ship a few storms ago, sir! http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/15/6154541/notch-leaves

Green_Giant

Quote from: shadowaurax on Jul 06, 2016, 11:49 PM
Quote from: Green_Giant on Jul 06, 2016, 11:09 AMRemember when Minecraft was open sandbox game, where the customisation of plugins was nearly limitless, and the future of this game was looking so awesome? Restricting developers, and server hosts content will only deter players in my opinion. This is an absolute load of crap. I honestly don't know why they would actually do this, it's so ludicrously stupid.

Captain abandoned ship a few storms ago, sir! http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/15/6154541/notch-leaves
I know, it's a long running joke that people blame him whenever the game is broken. :P

Towelie

Yeah well, the best thing we can do right now is to keep maintaining the minecraft servers while constantly looking for new game servers to host.
That's the only way to ensure SFT's continuation

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

SuperJK

Next year,

If my dad takes me to Minecon i'm gonna tell Mojang that the NEW ELUA sucks!!!

I could be the server hero right?

/warp SteveCoMuseum

SuperJK

Towelie you are allowed post YouTube but Videos with no inappropriate profane language e.c.t so you know what I might post on ROBLOX the link no URL shortners are allowed on ROBLOX. The reason why is because KIDS play ROBLOX aswell as ADULTS.

/warp SteveCoMuseum

SuperJK

Jul 07, 2016, 11:36 AM #63 Last Edit: Jul 08, 2016, 03:06 AM by SuperJK
hey you know what we can do with left over vote tokens we can do a Voteapalooza like (Tixapalooza) <-Easter egg from RBLX Basically we have a vote-token catalog of Stuff we can buy with ol' votes and some new items sold with the votes and a starting item was a free item like for the Tixapalooza was a Tix top hat and for the votepalooza the free item can be like whatever the Admins and Owners want.

/warp SteveCoMuseum

Lucy_23x

Instead of draining the same economy for money, try other source of People?

Most obvious thing I have ever said.

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

SuperJK

Notch Doesn't do anything to Minecraft anymore since notch left Mojang Minecraft was worse and worse

/warp SteveCoMuseum

Green_Giant

Quote from: SuperJK on Jul 08, 2016, 03:01 AM

Notch Doesn't do anything to Minecraft anymore since notch left Mojang Minecraft was worse and worse
Oh dear, read my reply before this one.

SuperJK

Quote from: Green_Giant on Jul 08, 2016, 10:53 AM
Quote from: SuperJK on Jul 08, 2016, 03:01 AM

Oh dear, read my reply before this one.
ok

/warp SteveCoMuseum