Apr 18, 2024, 04:15 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Debate] What games should we move to?

Started by Towelie, Jul 06, 2016, 05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CallOfTheElements

Don't starve could work? I believe it DST has multiplayer servers.

Also terraria modded could possibly have more potential, as we could have different worlds and extra chances for monetization.

Towelie

Quote from: Calaurix_95 on Jul 07, 2016, 12:54 AMGmod? Sounds good.

Roblox wouldn't appeal to older players.

Space Engineers? (Requires dx11 card though, I have dx9 though,  dx9 compatibility is an available beta)

Tf2 though our old server died out, it has has tonnes of updates now. Wouldn't mind givin' it a crack again.

Hoovies4Lyfe

We're looking for games which work on a wide array of computers. Getting a demanding game would fragment our playerbase.

Quote from: jackie_gaming on Jul 06, 2016, 11:52 PMi personally think that minecraft was the hottest game ever- a year ago. so branching out would be a great idea. here are a few ieas
worldcraft      like minecraft with severs but better graphics hard controls and not many people love it.
terraria         good idea but will burn quickly

or you could do a fundraiser asking for a small amount of money to keep this community alive because there are many fans who would jump off a bridge before shutting down sft servers. an you may get a "small loan of a million dollars" well maybe not that much,but you should try it!
Worldcraft? Link pls
And we are already on Patreon :S

https://www.patreon.com/sftmedia

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Dday694

I would throw out some games where maybe we could just be groups of friends hanging out on Steam such as:

Guns of Icarus

Rocket League

Lego Worlds (if it implements multiplayer)

Gang Beasts (currently Beta multiplayer)

if none of  those maybe return to TF2?

xJade

We can try and advertise the server and spread the world to make sft a not so small server. Like tell your family members to advertise SFT at work or school. You know grab people's attention irl since we can't do it virtually.

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

Izzdaer

Quote from: xJimJam on Jul 07, 2016, 05:23 AMWe can try and advertise the server and spread the world to make sft a not so small server. Like tell your family members to advertise SFT at work or school. You know grab people's attention irl since we can't do it virtually.

We already advertise as much as possible and frequently ask for the word to be spread among family and friends.

Irl adverts would be impossible, the price would be high, it would be impossible to know where the best place is and it ultimately probably won't work anyway.

SuperJK

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 07, 2016, 03:56 AMROBLOX wouldn't appeal to older players.
Everytime I am on ROBLOX I see adults but the reason why also children play it is because of the family-friendly chat but I have BC (Builder's Club) and if I can ask @Towelie  if I can make a SFT RBLX group and SFT clothing in ROBLOX and if he says yes I'll do it. And you don't need to pay for your place e.c.t but then we need SFT-ers who know how to code LUA

/warp SteveCoMuseum

graven2603

there is a game called creativerse that is really like minecraft but with more tech in. (i think its free to play on steam) also the worlds are huge

As for terraria its getting another game hopefully soon and while it is an amazing game the worlds would be too small for the a lot of players so you would have to have a few worlds. but adding mods is a great way to keep the world interesting.
Yuri!!! on ICE is just the best #Victuri
"Try getting good scrub, Time to learn by dying"

CaykoMarie

I seem to have found a list of games on Steam that one has the capability of hosting a server for. (Page was last updated on May 22, 2016.)

Perhaps this list will give a better understanding of what is maybe even possible.

_iTzReKtPvp_

Former Pocket Manager

graven2603

Quote from: _iTzReKtPvp_ on Jul 07, 2016, 06:01 PMWhat about a RPG game?

is there even any RPG games that have private servers? (idk if this is the right phrasing but you know what i mean(minecraft style servers)
Yuri!!! on ICE is just the best #Victuri
"Try getting good scrub, Time to learn by dying"

lioneatszebra

Is Trove a thing that could be made into a server?

And would definitely love Left 4 Dead 2. I know at least 6 people who still play it xD but even so, I don't know how you would even get donations for that if at all.
brb, living offline

Stoovs

Quote from: djkirsh on Jul 07, 2016, 09:07 PMIs Trove a thing that could be made into a server?

And would definitely love Left 4 Dead 2. I know at least 6 people who still play it xD

As far as I can tell, no. Trove hosts their own servers and doesn't allow for personal use servers. The best thing that could even be done in Trove, to my knowledge, would be a club.
"There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts" -Voltaire

ThesonofHokusi

Ik this is farfetched how about a Pokemon clan? That would be lit!

BritanniaRules

www.minetest.net

I'm really surprised SFT does't have one already?
Its free, 100% customisable and looks just like Minecraft.

creepernawaf7fen

I guess you have enough power to create your our you game , and i think it will be cool if you make it as an application on smart phones.

SuperJK

/warp SteveCoMuseum

Pookalton

Quote from: creepernawaf7fen on Jul 08, 2016, 02:12 AMI guess you have enough power to create your our you game , and i think it will be cool if you make it as an application on smart phones.
That's a great idea and all, but some of SFT doesn't have a mobile device, and I don't think the entire population of SFT would like to move to mobile, a fair chunk of us are PC gamers.

Pookalton

Quote from: SuperJK on Jul 08, 2016, 02:56 AM
Quote from: _iTzReKtPvp_ on Jul 07, 2016, 06:01 PMWhat about a RPG game?
ROBLOX is an RPG Game
ROBLOX has already been crossed out as it won't appeal to the older audiences.

SuperJK

I'm trying to learn how to code LUA. Not at school

/warp SteveCoMuseum

SuperJK

/warp SteveCoMuseum

Bakonator

CS:GO.......? Seems to be where the cool kids are.

Also, Overwatch. May be we can last until the hype dies down.

EDIT : GMOD can work, especially after the Steam Summer Sale.

IPwnCreeps

Quote from: Bakonator on Jul 08, 2016, 03:52 AMCS:GO.......? Seems to be where the cool kids are.

Also, Overwatch. May be we can last until the hype dies down.

EDIT : GMOD can work, especially after the Steam Summer Sale.
CS:GO is popular but only really for competitive or things like deathmatch. To get anywhere with CS:GO we'd need a custom game mode like TTT or something, something uncommon.

Towelie

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Zesty

Here's an idea... It wouldn't help bring any new players into SFT, but how about to keep your current players amused have a competition to make SFT's very own game? I myself do IPR (Game design and Web design) and it's actually not as hard to make a simple multiplayer game to keep people amused. You have have different ranks, chat box's and an objective to give people a new game to play that's 100% free for everyone!

Other than that, after a quick research the best and most efficient way to advertise, well anything is actually through the radio, so maybe having people request to advertise it via the radio in popular cities and states would help? Just a few unlikely ideas :P
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

Bug

I'll get back to you with some good games at some point when I have time to make a list. However, I would love to play Terraria with the SFT community. The only problem is the games have a limited world size, and it would be restricting to the size of our community.
-If life gives you lemons, make grape juice. Then sit back, and let the world wonder how you did it.