Mar 29, 2024, 05:34 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Debate] What games should we move to?

Started by Towelie, Jul 06, 2016, 05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukipal

The thing about Terraria is. That when you actually have "Finished" The game. Its basically it. It gets really freaking boring and it is not "playable" Again. And the space is so limited so :/
It is really fun game for the first week or two. Then it gets reaaaaallly freaking boring.

calfrokrill

Can't we mod Terraria? It'll be less "boring" if we snazz it up.

Towelie

Quote from: Calaurix_95 on Jul 09, 2016, 08:14 AMCan't we mod Terraria? It'll be less "boring" if we snazz it up.
We can, problem with terraria is once you hit endgame there's nothing keeping you in the game any more.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

camster65

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 09, 2016, 09:37 AM
Quote from: Calaurix_95 on Jul 09, 2016, 08:14 AMCan't we mod Terraria? It'll be less "boring" if we snazz it up.
We can, problem with terraria is once you hit endgame there's nothing keeping you in the game any more.
It's also the fact the game isn't build to have more than a team of players on the game, because once you collect certain things or kill certain boss's they don't re spawn back, plus people would constantly clash into each other because limited biomes and resources in them

Bug

We could try an Unturned server. It does have pvp built into the game, but I think it can be turned off. also you can form groups that cant hurt each other if you want to pvp. But, I believe it has a lot of potential in options and steam workshop mods, and you can build structures and such. It also has vehicles (although limited, but I think admins can adjust spawn rates) and zombie survival is always fun. It might even be a more fun survival than Minecraft Survival. We'd have to explore what staff can do as far as keeping people from making a mess with building objects, or cleaning up messes, but we could figure it out. Best of all: ITS FREE.

Unturned Steam Page
-If life gives you lemons, make grape juice. Then sit back, and let the world wonder how you did it.

stormshooter

Quote from: Bugman657 on Aug 01, 2016, 09:18 PMWe could try an Unturned server. It does have pvp built into the game, but I think it can be turned off. also you can form groups that cant hurt each other if you want to pvp. But, I believe it has a lot of potential in options and steam workshop mods, and you can build structures and such. It also has vehicles (although limited, but I think admins can adjust spawn rates) and zombie survival is always fun. It might even be a more fun survival than Minecraft Survival. We'd have to explore what staff can do as far as keeping people from making a mess with building objects, or cleaning up messes, but we could figure it out. Best of all: ITS FREE.

Unturned Steam Page
We've had one before and it didn't work out.

Green_Giant

Quote from: TeraStorm on Aug 01, 2016, 09:27 PM
Quote from: Bugman657 on Aug 01, 2016, 09:18 PMWe could try an Unturned server. It does have pvp built into the game, but I think it can be turned off. also you can form groups that cant hurt each other if you want to pvp. But, I believe it has a lot of potential in options and steam workshop mods, and you can build structures and such. It also has vehicles (although limited, but I think admins can adjust spawn rates) and zombie survival is always fun. It might even be a more fun survival than Minecraft Survival. We'd have to explore what staff can do as far as keeping people from making a mess with building objects, or cleaning up messes, but we could figure it out. Best of all: ITS FREE.

Unturned Steam Page
Two actually, people play on them for just under a week and then it dies out.

Bug

Quote from: Green_Giant on Aug 01, 2016, 10:44 PM

Unturned Steam Page
The game has been updated quite a bit from the way it was in the past. If we look into what we can do server side, we might be able to make one that works.
-If life gives you lemons, make grape juice. Then sit back, and let the world wonder how you did it.

CallOfTheElements

@Towelie , dst needs to be removed from this list as it is an official server now.

Th3RedGamer

Could do a battlefield 1 platoon when it initially releases....

Mrs_Ender88

I think Terraria, 7 days to die, or what about Starbound you can now mod it. All very fun games and I own them all.  ;D
Life is what you make it, so make it great.
Love with all your heart.
❤Mrs_Ender❤ - Today at 2:25 PM >8ball should I be binned?
HovenBOT - Today at 2:25 PM As I see it, yes

BattleAxium

Quote from: Mrs_Ender88 on Aug 03, 2016, 02:15 AMI think Terraria, 7 days to die, or what about Starbound you can now mod it. All very fun games and I own them all.  ;D

We've had all three of those servers... Multiple times even and none of them worked out.

Fractalion

Quote from: BattleAxium on Aug 03, 2016, 03:03 AM
Quote from: Mrs_Ender88 on Aug 03, 2016, 02:15 AMI think Terraria, 7 days to die, or what about Starbound you can now mod it. All very fun games and I own them all.  ;D

We've had all three of those servers... Multiple times even and none of them worked out.

Starbound did just get fully released though. I'm playing it right now and I can tell you they've improved it a lot since the last time I played. (Which I believe was around the time we had a server for it)

It's worth taking another look at it, I think. It's similar gameplay to Terraria, but since you can travel between planets it doesn't have the problem with the world getting cluttered.

BattleAxium

Quote from: Fractalion on Aug 03, 2016, 04:28 AM
Quote from: BattleAxium on Aug 03, 2016, 03:03 AM
Quote from: Mrs_Ender88 on Aug 03, 2016, 02:15 AMI think Terraria, 7 days to die, or what about Starbound you can now mod it. All very fun games and I own them all.  ;D

Starbound did just get fully released though. I'm playing it right now and I can tell you they've improved it a lot since the last time I played. (Which I believe was around the time we had a server for it)

It's worth taking another look at it, I think. It's similar gameplay to Terraria, but since you can travel between planets it doesn't have the problem with the world getting cluttered.

Oh, I wasn't saying we couldn't try them again, just noting we've tried all of them before.

onionboys

Unturned Steam Page

that's not true at all. the server thrived for more than a week. it lasted a good month maybe more

Green_Giant

Quote from: onionboyzz on Aug 03, 2016, 06:06 AM

Unturned Steam Page

that's not true at all. the server thrived for more than a week. it lasted a good month maybe more
The first one lasted a while, but most of SFT's players lose interest and all thats left was a couple of players that found it through other means, it was hardly thriving. The only active player I could think of was Envy, but even he lost interest because there wasn't anyone else to play with for him.

Mrs_Ender88

Project Zomboid is pretty good also.

Bosslaya

Terraria could be reset often a purchaseavle item could be spawners for bosses and we could have parkour and boss rushes.
Pocket veteran/Pixelmon Charmander/Survival member

smallfry5545

Quote from: Bosslaya on Jan 26, 2017, 01:59 AMTerraria could be reset often a purchaseavle item could be spawners for bosses and we could have parkour and boss rushes.
Terraria has been hosted at least twice on SFT and each time it fails. There's not enough you could do to keep it running.

Mrs_Ender88

If you did Terraria (it was being updated last I looked, I play it time to time from my daughter's steam account), or 7 Days To Die server. I would more then happy to help on either one of them. I own 7 days to die on my steam account. @Towelie

Mrs_Ender88

I Also would like to add that Rising World, or Starbound, or Project Zomboid could be some other options maybe. (I could help with them too as I own them) @Towelie

_iTzReKtPvp_

*bump* How about making several LoL ranked teams?
Former Pocket Manager

Cygodon

So I also enjoy the idea of terraria but as that is problematic due to a lack of infinite worlds and running into other players things, i know of a similer game that could be used instead, Starbound, It is essentially Terraria in space except it has an either infinite or almost infinite set of worlds(Multiple planets) that can be played on and used for fun activities, also it would be possible with how the game works to just have a spawn planet with plenty of room to create spawn shops, and finally starbound has only recently come out of the beta and gotten to full game, it likely still has updates left and lots of things to do on it. It is also very popular as of now and that popularity is not likely to dissipate for a long time. It could be considered Terraria+

Bakonator

Quote from: Cygodon on Feb 10, 2017, 05:47 PMSo I also enjoy the idea of terraria but as that is problematic due to a lack of infinite worlds and running into other players things, i know of a similer game that could be used instead, Starbound, It is essentially Terraria in space except it has an either infinite or almost infinite set of worlds(Multiple planets) that can be played on and used for fun activities, also it would be possible with how the game works to just have a spawn planet with plenty of room to create spawn shops, and finally starbound has only recently come out of the beta and gotten to full game, it likely still has updates left and lots of things to do on it. It is also very popular as of now and that popularity is not likely to dissipate for a long time. It could be considered Terraria+

Good point, and considering the fact it is a rather high-rated game as of IGN (9.1/10) and of Steam (Very Positive during the past 30 days with 89% recommendations), it is likely to gain quick support and playerbase.

Mrs_Ender88

Quote from: Cygodon on Feb 10, 2017, 05:47 PMSo I also enjoy the idea of terraria but as that is problematic due to a lack of infinite worlds and running into other players things, i know of a similer game that could be used instead, Starbound, It is essentially Terraria in space except it has an either infinite or almost infinite set of worlds(Multiple planets) that can be played on and used for fun activities, also it would be possible with how the game works to just have a spawn planet with plenty of room to create spawn shops, and finally starbound has only recently come out of the beta and gotten to full game, it likely still has updates left and lots of things to do on it. It is also very popular as of now and that popularity is not likely to dissipate for a long time. It could be considered Terraria+
Starbound is a very fun game I enjoy it alot. I personally would love to a sft starbound server.