Apr 18, 2024, 08:17 AM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Survival] Chest protections are no longer safe

Started by Towelie, Jul 09, 2016, 05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Please do not rely on chest protections to protect your chests / itemframe contents.
If you want your chest to be 100% safe, make sure it's part of a valid WorldGuard region (protection).

The chest protection plugin has failed twice in the last month, deleting all protections. The cause is yet unknown, each time I resolved the problem by rolling back the database but this is just a temporary fix seing as we don't know why it's happening in the first place.

So please DO NOT rely on LWC any more. Obviously you can still use it, just make sure your chest is ALSO on a protected region so that if the plugin fails again your items are safe.

I have reported the bug to the author and are waiting on a fix but seing as it's very hard to determine what causes this bug it's probably not going to be a quick fix.
I can rule out hacking or malicious tampering, so it's most likely a plugin bug.
Thank you!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Doctor_Thanos

misspiggy95

Thank you Tow for fixing them,

Even more of a reason for guests to get their houses protected!

Keep an eye on your chests and alert any Manager+ if you notice your chests becoming unlocked!

Melons are love. Melons are life

Arias0

Why don't we just make a custom chest lock plugin for SFT? Easily done.

TheStarNomad✯

The problem is minecraft keeps updating and breaking stuff.

Thanks for the Info!

Long time StarNomad

GRIMI_

Quote from: Jay on Jul 09, 2016, 10:11 AMWhy don't we just make a custom chest lock plugin for SFT? Easily done.
I'm pretty sure we did have one at one point but it was crap compared to LWC/lockette so we switched back

Arias0

Quote from: GRIMI_ on Jul 09, 2016, 12:36 PM
Quote from: Jay on Jul 09, 2016, 10:11 AMWhy don't we just make a custom chest lock plugin for SFT? Easily done.
I'm pretty sure we did have one at one point but it was crap compared to LWC/lockette so we switched back
I remember it, you had to right click a place a sign on it? I loved that. It looked so cool and worked smoothly. I guess the only issue with it was that new players would not know too do that? If so, we could just make it that every time a chest is place it automatically notify's you of what you need to do to protect it.

As I said, easily done.

Fire_Lord_Nero

Quote from: Jay on Jul 09, 2016, 12:54 PM
I remember it, you had to right click a place a sign on it? I loved that. It looked so cool and worked smoothly. I guess the only issue with it was that new players would not know too do that? If so, we could just make it that every time a chest is place it automatically notify's you of what you need to do to protect it.

As I said, easily done.

Thats lockette.

SuperJK

Quote from: N00b on Jul 09, 2016, 10:11 AMWhy don't we just make a custom chest lock plugin for SFT? Easily done.
WE already have a plugin for that

/warp SteveCoMuseum

Arias0

Quote from: Fire_Lord_Nero on Jul 09, 2016, 04:23 PM

As I said, easily done.

Thats lockette.
Quote from: SuperJK on Jul 10, 2016, 03:06 AM
Quote from: N00b on Jul 09, 2016, 10:11 AMWhy don't we just make a custom chest lock plugin for SFT? Easily done.
Yeah, if you read my message, It clearly outlines that. However we no longer use it. We use LWC.
What my message was saying; is that we should bring our custom one back.

SuperJK

Quote from: Jay on Jul 10, 2016, 03:35 AM

As I said, easily done.
ooohh your'e new and you know this :) Smart cookie

Thats lockette.
Yeah, if you read my message, It clearly outlines that. However we no longer use it. We use LWC.

/warp SteveCoMuseum

Arias0

Don't get your point? Just stop trying to boost your post count.

Fire_Lord_Nero

As I said, easily done.

Thats lockette.

I did read your post, your post was talking about Lockette, which wasn't ours. It also hasn't been updated to 1.10 yet either so it cannot be implemented.

clard

If it's just that plugin, then autoshop sign protections are safe?

Arias0

Quote from: Fire_Lord_Nero on Jul 10, 2016, 04:39 AM

As I said, easily done.

Thats lockette.

I did read your post, your post was talking about Lockette, which wasn't ours. It also hasn't been updated to 1.10 yet either so it cannot be implemented.
Clearly once again you did not read it? lmao. We had our own custom one a few years back, I was saying implying that we remade it. Obv it isn't 1.10.

Quote from: clard on Jul 10, 2016, 06:51 AMIf it's just that plugin, then autoshop sign protections are safe?

Uhm, I suggest just making sure you make sure that your autoshop chests are under a region. Better safe than sorry.