Mar 29, 2024, 12:56 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Drama is toxic

Started by Towelie, Jul 18, 2016, 09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

If there's anything this weekend taught me is that Drama is toxic. It doesn't affect just those involved either, it affects everyone, including SFT itself.
I would like to appeal for calm and peace and to avoid drama at any means necesary. I am enforcing a zero drama policy from now on. Anything that can constitute as drama will be punisheable by a mute (meaning you won't be able to post on the forums any more) or a ban.

Things that constitute as drama:
- Making accusations that are not backed by proof
- Talking behind other people's backs
- Being mean spirited overall

Please let's try to avoid that and not forget that this is a gaming community and should be a calm and relaxing place.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

stormshooter

Good reminder, thank you tow.
May I just add that this applies ingame too, and we will be taking a much more stern approach to this behaviour if seen.

iLaxrv10

Great post, don't think I ever wanna see something that bad again xd. Anyways, as @TeraStorm said, the same sternness will be reinforced in game as well.
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Lucy_23x

Thank goodness.

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

calfrokrill

Thank you Tow. this means people like me MIGHT come back. :)

Lucy_23x

Quote from: Calaurix_95 on Jul 18, 2016, 11:24 AMThank you Tow. this means people like me MIGHT come back. :)
I stayed through all of mine.
it sucked. It really did.

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

lioneatszebra

Quote from: TeraStorm on Jul 18, 2016, 09:40 AMGood reminder, thank you tow.
May I just add that this applies ingame too, and we will be taking a much more stern approach to this behaviour if seen.

Hopefully in game and on discord as well.
brb, living offline

Nubbun

Do we report when peops talk behind backs (with proof.) or just tell em that it's uncool?

\(◎o◎)/

stormshooter

Quote from: magl on Jul 18, 2016, 02:58 PMDo we report when peops talk behind backs (with proof.) or just tell em that it's uncool?
If they're insulting you, report them.

Nubbun

Quote from: TeraStorm on Jul 18, 2016, 03:09 PM
Quote from: magl on Jul 18, 2016, 02:58 PMDo we report when peops talk behind backs (with proof.) or just tell em that it's uncool?
Not what I asked about xD I asked if we see someone talking behind backs
Which counts as drama, do you we report it?

\(◎o◎)/

xQuicScopex

Quote from: magl on Jul 18, 2016, 03:45 PM

whats the last 2 words tera said?

stormshooter

I answered to be specific, but yes if you believe it would cause drama there's no shame in reporting it. I just didn't want reports of people saying things like 'I have a better pikachu then magl'

Nubbun

Quote from: TeraStorm on Jul 18, 2016, 04:07 PM
I answered to be specific, but yes if you believe it would cause drama there's no shame in reporting it. I just didn't want reports of people saying things like 'I have a better pikachu then magl'
Aight ty for confirming (:

\(◎o◎)/

Lucy_23x

This is when I say
"Not all drama is bad"

Like you have drama in the theatre..... Drama when there's someone's birthday or two people start dating...
You trying to stop the bad drama but just gonna annoyingly point that out xD

MrRed2016

Jul 18, 2016, 06:07 PM #15 Last Edit: Jul 19, 2016, 01:11 PM by MrRed2016
You may think this is just a server that random players play on. What you see is blocky characters. What you may forget is that these characters are controlled by people just like you, with their own built character. They have feelings, just like you. You may not know it when you offend someone. But behind thet screen, that person may he very hurt from your words and actions. It is important you keep this in mind and think before you talk. If you would feel insulted by an action, chances are other people will think the same.

GotAnError

If only this was implemented much sooner.
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

King_Craftius

Glad all the toxic  :tnt:  is over :P

Lucy_23x

Quote from: MrRed2016 on Jul 18, 2016, 06:07 PMYou may think this is just a server that random players play on. What you see is blocky characters. What you may forgrt is that these characters are controlled by people just like you, with their own built character. They have feelings, just like you. You may not know it when you offend someone. But behind thet screen, thst person may he very hurt from your words and actions. It is important you keep this in mind and think before you talk. If you would feel insulted by an action, chances are other people will think the same.
Well said, I've said something like this before and like, yay I'm not the only one who thinks this.

ochoaj

Jul 18, 2016, 08:17 PM #19 Last Edit: Jul 19, 2016, 07:18 AM by ochoaj
I think we can all agree: treat others like you want to be treated8)
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
― Benjamin Franklin

BritanniaRules

Great post Tow but I'm I missing something?
I've seen a few posts like this over the last couple of months (discontent in the ranks and people upset) but I'm confused as to the reasons for these posts?
It must be the players/staff who play on a different time zone as the culture and feeling is always great when I'm online (or I might be missing missing something (which could happen I suppose xd).

I'd like to think its players* like Sparkle_Sun, _smallfry5545, misspiggy95, JohnOaklyjohn, timelord_emma, Amber_Kat and HoughTransform (or whatever his name is these days XD) to name a few. Playing with these great staff members (and others) makes SFT fun and what me want to come back and enjoy playing on SFT.

* sorry if your not on the very short list of awesomeness above :)

calfrokrill

Don't be a bitch either, ignoring and alienating people.

Because yeah, that happens to me and a lot of other people too.
Gotta enforce that rule.

SuperJK

What is a staff is biased does that count Towel

/warp SteveCoMuseum

SuperJK

I get highly pissed when somebody makes drama outta me 

for example this never happened irl but

for example Tom blames Jaimee for throwing the ball over the fence by accident. Tom then gets agro and starts annoying the crap outta me (Jaimee) and makes a large drama then I get very pissed the end.

I DON'T KNOW ANYBODY CALLED TOM IT'S A STORY THAT IS MADE UP!!!

/warp SteveCoMuseum

Arias0