Mar 28, 2024, 10:05 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[Survival] Introducing Legend 1-5

Started by Towelie, Jul 24, 2016, 12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Quote from: nuggetzor150 on Jul 24, 2016, 04:10 PMI think this is a good idea to give people something to aspire to reach, especially since there are so many Legends now and so many people give so many hours to the server. However, I do agree with Lucy in that I think the names are a little unoriginal, and they could be tweaked a little. maybe have the same colour scheme as the original Legend rank, but different titles equivalent to Legend? Maybe those ideas such as WarriorLegend, but that seems a bit too long in-game in my opinion. I can give some suggestions for other Legend1-5 ranks later if I think about it enough.
The reason we kept the ranks the same was to prevent the chat from becoming any more cluttered.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

MrEpicWonder

Honestly not the biggest fan of this, personally. The numbers in a rank look kinda bad, and if it was in a [1] form, it would look too clashy with the prestige system, however I won't complain as I don't have to get involved with it. - interested to see how many people are compatible for the higher ranks.
Quote from: Towelie on Dec 16, 2015, 09:12 AMI'd still like to see the nativity scene re-enacted in minecraft while I eat popcorn and mock Christians
Quote from: Towelie on Jan 17, 2016, 08:45 AMSending me any inappropriate pictures will cause you to get banned (unless you are a female and 18+)

clard

Jul 24, 2016, 05:22 PM #27 Last Edit: Jul 24, 2016, 05:27 PM by clard
Can I get something for 4 and a half years with 1k hours?

Also, to differ between the ranks in chat just a bit more, could the bracket colors be changed?
And for the rank names themselves, I do think something a bit cooler than just Legend4 or something, perhaps the highest rank could pick the name, and I think one of the names should be the barney stinson legendary

(Also the hours do seem a bit much)

AidenBwah

Quote from: clard on Jul 24, 2016, 05:22 PMAlso, to differ between the ranks in chat just a bit more, could the bracket colors be changed?

I think that this would be really cool! That way, it's not too ugly as [Legend2] [Legend3] etc, and it's also not too cluttered.

AidenBwah

Quote from: clard on Jul 24, 2016, 05:22 PM(Also the hours do seem a bit much)

The hours actually seem completely fine to me. It gives players something to look forward to for actually playing. (Instead of just having a long time forum account but only returning to get the rank.) I already have 2000 hours with a 2.5 year forum account, and that's with having school, band, a job, and taking a 1 year break from SFT. If you ask me, the the requirements should be higher, not lower.

Lucy_23x

I don't think the chat becoming cluttered by the ranks is a big issue.. For example, "Santa Claws" is long-ish, so make it the same length as that, or a letter or two more?

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Stoovs

Eh. I think the requirements are a bit steep. I've been around for 4 years, don't even have 1000 hours on survival and had less than 500 before returning in February.

I know that the rank is for survival but I think that using total hours may be a better idea for this. Right now most people don't meet the requirements of 3500 hours on survival because of the simple fact that they either played elsewhere within SFT or just don't have the time to actually get there.

That being said, if you're not to change the requirements, then that's fine too. It just gives players something to strive for in the future and them getting to see it as a long term, multi-year goal. I think this is where you wanted to go with it, to make the rank more prestigious again.
"There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts" -Voltaire

iLaxrv10

Quote from: clard on Jul 24, 2016, 05:22 PMthink one of the names should be the barney stinson legendary
:heart: Thank you for this

Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

xJade

Jul 24, 2016, 08:45 PM #33 Last Edit: Jul 24, 2016, 08:48 PM by xJimJam
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Jul 24, 2016, 05:17 PMHonestly not the biggest fan of this, personally. The numbers in a rank look kinda bad, and if it was in a [1] form, it would look too clashy with the prestige system, however I won't complain as I don't have to get involved with it. - interested to see how many people are compatible for the higher ranks.

Maybe make the legend colors different ;o
[Legend]
[Legend]=2
[Legend]
=3
and so on (these colors were just pulled out of thin air xD)

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

Darth_Noob

Quote from: xJimJam on Jul 24, 2016, 08:45 PM
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Jul 24, 2016, 05:17 PMHonestly not the biggest fan of this, personally. The numbers in a rank look kinda bad, and if it was in a [1] form, it would look too clashy with the prestige system, however I won't complain as I don't have to get involved with it. - interested to see how many people are compatible for the higher ranks.

[Legend]
[Legend]=2
[Legend]
=3

I actually really like this idea

Zesty

Quote from: xJimJam on Jul 24, 2016, 08:45 PM

[Legend]
[Legend]=2
[Legend]
=3

I like it, but unless you know them all, you won't be able to keep up with what legend rank is which... Having different brackets is something I said ingame that got turned down, but it seems to be here so what do I know xD? But new players wouldn't know the difference and returning players are the same. Also, apart from the perks that will come with the rank, it's really nothing to brag about "Hey look, I have a whole 1000 hours on here and another year older than you! I even have different brackets to show it!" Being a rank that is meant to show off your loyalty to survival, it should show it in a more clear way.
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

willhill2000

Mk4

Its in the shout box, DW he can see it @TheOfficialMiner

misspiggy95

Alrighty @Mk4
This is not the place to post something like that,
If you want to send something to Towelie, you can Forum PM him,
Information like this should be dealt privately, and accusations like that should not be put out into the public.

Please halt from posting the link elsewhere, it has been sent to Tow.

Melons are love. Melons are life

Mk4

The link is a copy of a pm I sent him months ago, of which he ignored.

Ultimatum599

I have the requirements for just Legend based on my forum account and uptime. I would like to have the legend tag but keep my perms I have from the old sponsor bundle as well. Sorry haven't been on, keep up the hard work Tow!

ChoctheMilkman

Quote from: Xenii12 on Jul 24, 2016, 03:13 PMLegend 5

4 year forum account, over 5000 hours

"Gives higher ranks to aspire too" *Completes it instantly*

Towelie

Quote from: Mk4 on Jul 24, 2016, 11:50 PMThe link is a copy of a pm I sent him months ago, of which he ignored.
I didn't ignore it, I simply dealt with it privately. I know you are forum banned and probably can't see this but I sent you a skype request as well to discuss this.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

GotAnError

Legend 0 = Nothing.

Legend 1 = Legend.

Legend 2 = Legendary.

Legend 3 = Legendarier.

Legend 4 = Legendariest.

Legend 5 = OverLegend. ('Cuz overlord).

Yay. There you have it. New rank name suggestions. Coolio. I am out.
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

Happysheep102

GRIMI_

legend 2: [Legend²]
legend 3: [Legend³]
maybe?

ping99811

I have 1339 hours of total uptime, but only 936 on Survival... damn.

Cireshie

Aug 07, 2016, 02:42 AM #47 Last Edit: Aug 07, 2016, 03:31 PM by Cireshie
Quote from: Towelie on Jul 24, 2016, 12:11 PMRequirements:
Legend4 -> 3 years old forum account and at least 3000h uptime on Survival
Does this mean I can get Legend4? I missed most of this sooo... hi.
@Towelie

ping99811

Legend, 1003 hours of uptime and like 3 years on forums.
(I asked you, Towelie, ingame earlier but I got no response :S )

Green_Giant

Quote from: GotAnError on Jul 25, 2016, 11:44 AMLegend 0 = Nothing.

Legend 1 = Legend.

Legend 2 = Legendary.

Legend 3 = Legendarier.

Legend 4 = Legendariest.

Legend 5 = OverLegend. ('Cuz overlord).

Yay. There you have it. New rank name suggestions. Coolio. I am out.
I like something along the lines of this idea. Currently, you barely noticed the extra number in the prefix, with these prefixes it a lot more noticeable, and in turn rewarding. Yet it manages to not be colourful or an eyesore.