Apr 25, 2024, 05:57 AM

News:

Please vote for us daily!

Public Power Plant

Started by Relevant_Chaos, Aug 01, 2016, 08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to have the PPP to be a payed service or a free one?

Payed
7 (77.8%)
Free
1 (11.1%)
Other
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Relevant_Chaos

Hey Guys, Alpha here. I am planning on build several reactors with the idea of supplying power to peoples islands. I have not decided whether to make it free or a paid product, but I wan to know who would be interested in have power supplied to their bases. Also I need help deciding on to make it free or not. Here are pros and cons:

Free
Pros:
    - Free Power For All
    - Easy setup (get a tesseract)
    - Less Work For Me To Setup
Cons:
    - Since its free, the cable won't be as good
    - Can't upgrade the amount of power out of the tesseract
    - A lot of work to make sure that the reactors do not run out of fuel
Priced
Pros:
      - I can know how much power is going to be used (less downtime, more reliable)
      - Improvements can be made to the reactors (well that's why you pay)
      - You can upgrade the amount of power you get
Cons:
      - Longer setup time as I need to assign set frequency for everyone on the network
      - if payments are not made, then power to your is stopped (progress will be halted, if you only use my network)
      - More expensive to run (due to tesseract network and different cables)

If you are interested then put down your player name, and if you want to give your opinion on the prices feel free!
Modded Manager. Long time SFT Doner and Builder Of Many Things
Also a meme lord
Also Gay AF

arch8ic

I love this idea! I'd be more than happy to help something like this up, if need-be. I'd definitely love to have this be free; I feel like it'd be much nicer that way c: That, and I'd feel bad making people pay. Ultimately, it's up to you though.
SFT Lost Islands Engineer!

pwnswords

I would be fine with paying and this idea is great
don't listen to my personal title its drunk...1.7.10 Admin, Ex-Bteam Admin, Ex-Pix mod

Relevant_Chaos

Update:

iv added a Poll to the discuion.
there might me a way to can do both, but I'm wating on the pool res.

Also, for the people that would like to donate, there is going to be a vacium hopper in my base so you can. Else you can see me when I'm on
Also a meme lord
Also Gay AF

ZachAttack1170

A bit late, but I don't think it should be free. My favorite time I've had at lost was at the beginning, when I was first learning. One of those things was getting power. I agree it would be nice, but people should work for their power, at least at the beginning. Maybe if they run out of power they could use this to tap into it. This would make lost a lot easier, and ruin a tiny bit of the fun. It is a great idea, but I think it should be payed for.

Relevant_Chaos

Ok, Thank you all for posting your comments to the forms. I really appreciate the time you have taken to voice your ideas. Currently reactor one will be complete by the end of this week, it has taken me a long time to do, due to the res demands. I will make this service a paid one. the cost of having unlimited (ish) power will be 5,000EMP cash, per 3 months, this may be expensive, but in the long run, it will be great as you will not be saving lag/space on your is , you will also help me with the cost of building the reactors. But I will make a offer, for anyone who has posted on this Form, will be the first to receive this power, For Free. so if you want to be the 5 players to get this power, to trail run it, for 2 months, then says so down bellow. Also I have plans for anyone who has donated to make the reactors, for the trail to be extended or have the pricing reduced.

aslo, think up some cool names for the reactors, discounts are up for grabs for the ones that are original or just make me laugh :D
Also a meme lord
Also Gay AF

Th3RedGamer

I would like some paid power :D I'll also donate all the yellorium I have

pwnswords

I'd love to help trial this.
don't listen to my personal title its drunk...1.7.10 Admin, Ex-Bteam Admin, Ex-Pix mod

Rose2247

I'm probably really late on this but I'd love to have it be free but then again I helped you get the mining lasers to get more yellorium, I do however have a lot of dust I can auto-smelt into the ingots and if magical crops is added you can expect me to make a huge magical crops farm of it (Depending on which version they install) until then you can expect a lot of the ingots from me <3
To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

Relevant_Chaos

Its not the fact I Don't want it to be free, because I would love to provide Free power, but I have to factor in cost, I means one reactor requires sooo much yel just to 1/8 fill, this is why there is a cost.
Also a meme lord
Also Gay AF

iFlirt

I vote paid. If this is going to happen I ask that it costs a lot because it would be somewhat unfair for a new player to instantly get loads of power because thats something that takes some time to start out.
Lost Islands Elder

Rose2247

Like I said I'd be more than happy to pay using yellorium(If the right version of magical crops is added) I have a way of getting a ton of it. Also I have a way of getting a ton without magical crops. Any idea you have I'd be happy to comply
To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

Relevant_Chaos

Right now I am in the process of making the second reactor I'm going to make it paid and I'm desiding on the cost with respects to EMP or Yellowium. Locked
Also a meme lord
Also Gay AF