News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

[Suggestions] Events!

Started by iFlirt, Aug 30, 2016, 01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iFlirt

Aug 30, 2016, 01:54 AM Last Edit: Dec 27, 2018, 05:21 AM by Tyler7733
Suggest Events

If you have any event suggestions, feel free to suggest them here for the Head of Hosts to further decide.
Lost Islands Elder

blalp

Have a fantastic day!

Tyler7733

Just because this page is blank I am suggesting tnt wars. For it to work properly tnt would have to be enabled, but the entire arena could be cased in obsidian or something stronger. When I was asking around on the server back when I had my old island for who wanted to do tnt wars on my island, a large portion of the server was for the idea. If this becomes an event it will likely be the only one that I would care to participate in. Items players use in the event could include a rod of the seas(for water), band of mana(for the rod), a building material(roughly the strength of stone), slabs, fence, lever, repeators, redstone torch, redstone dust, etc. Building would have to be enabled, and someone may have to have a bow ready or something like that to snipe cheaters trying to leave their side of the arena. In the case that you cant make it possible to enable breaking blocks in the event area, you can always make it an island that can be unlocked in times of events where everyone is trusted.
You must accept the fundamental truth of reality, Lost = Life!!

Rose2247

I feel like we should add a "shooting range" where the target of the game is to be the last one on the platform. The platform would be a narrow platform and the "shooter" would be an event host and would have a punch bow. Allowed armor could be anything that doesn't give you knock back resistance. Not being allowed to fly, no god mode(for those that have access to it), no sigils from blood magic that make it so the arrows fly away from you. Basically nothing that gives you an unfair advantage.
To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

Tyler7733

Since this topic is not getting much attention, I am suggesting a mini-game where each player must kill the 5 withers in the room with them as fast as possible. Rules could be no rank specific commands, no breaking basic server rules, and no killing other players (any non-banned tools/armor/utilities would be allowed as long as they are not creative only(no idea how those would be obtained, but there is always a way...)).

Tyler7733

One more suggestion that I have is a game I would call Taint Runner. In this game, each player needs to travel over a large area in order to get over a tainted land with caves, ravines, a village, etc. This game is a combination of survival and parkour. The terrain setup in this game would be very similar to a normal thaumcraft tainted land. To survive and progress through the game you must run through the taint avoiding the tainted mobs and caves, or take the safer and slower approach of parkour over trees while avoiding tainted hunters and mobs that make their way onto the trees.

Rose2247

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 14, 2016, 12:09 AMSince this topic is not getting much attention, I am suggesting a mini-game where each player must kill the 5 withers in the room with them as fast as possible. Rules could be no rank specific commands, no breaking basic server rules, and no killing other players (any non-banned tools/armor/utilities would be allowed as long as they are not creative only(no idea how those would be obtained, but there is always a way...)).

I like this idea ^_^

MistakleinYT

Maybe Duck Hunt... there is a person with a needle gun with the anvil magazine or something else on one side, and the other there are "ducks" or people with no armor and try to get to the end and kill the sniper or hunter. Heh anyone else want this?

blalp

@Sharking_ Please reply with your ideas on each, we can alter the events if we need to.
Have a fantastic day!

iFlirt

Quote from: Rose2247 on Sep 12, 2016, 07:59 PMI feel like we should add a "shooting range" where the target of the game is to be the last one on the platform. The platform would be a narrow platform and the "shooter" would be an event host and would have a punch bow. Allowed armor could be anything that doesn't give you knock back resistance. Not being allowed to fly, no god mode(for those that have access to it), no sigils from blood magic that make it so the arrows fly away from you. Basically nothing that gives you an unfair advantage.
Please explain this one to me in a call when we get a chance
Lost Islands Elder

iFlirt

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 14, 2016, 12:51 PMOne more suggestion that I have is a game I would call Taint Runner. In this game, each player needs to travel over a large area in order to get over a tainted land with caves, ravines, a village, etc. This game is a combination of survival and parkour. The terrain setup in this game would be very similar to a normal thaumcraft tainted land. To survive and progress through the game you must run through the taint avoiding the tainted mobs and caves, or take the safer and slower approach of parkour over trees while avoiding tainted hunters and mobs that make their way onto the trees.
I like this one. I think I'll make it asap.
Lost Islands Elder

iFlirt

Quote from: MistakleinYT on Sep 15, 2016, 08:43 PMMaybe Duck Hunt... there is a person with a needle gun with the anvil magazine or something else on one side, and the other there are "ducks" or people with no armor and try to get to the end and kill the sniper or hunter. Heh anyone else want this?
not sure how I feel about this but if you could try to explain it a bit better maybe I will make it.
Lost Islands Elder

iFlirt

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 14, 2016, 12:51 PMOne more suggestion that I have is a game I would call Taint Runner. In this game, each player needs to travel over a large area in order to get over a tainted land with caves, ravines, a village, etc. This game is a combination of survival and parkour. The terrain setup in this game would be very similar to a normal thaumcraft tainted land. To survive and progress through the game you must run through the taint avoiding the tainted mobs and caves, or take the safer and slower approach of parkour over trees while avoiding tainted hunters and mobs that make their way onto the trees.
Hm. I like this idea but I would need help building it.
Lost Islands Elder

iFlirt

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 09, 2016, 01:19 PMJust because this page is blank I am suggesting tnt wars. For it to work properly tnt would have to be enabled, but the entire arena could be cased in obsidian or something stronger. When I was asking around on the server back when I had my old island for who wanted to do tnt wars on my island, a large portion of the server was for the idea. If this becomes an event it will likely be the only one that I would care to participate in. Items players use in the event could include a rod of the seas(for water), band of mana(for the rod), a building material(roughly the strength of stone), slabs, fence, lever, repeators, redstone torch, redstone dust, etc. Building would have to be enabled, and someone may have to have a bow ready or something like that to snipe cheaters trying to leave their side of the arena. In the case that you cant make it possible to enable breaking blocks in the event area, you can always make it an island that can be unlocked in times of events where everyone is trusted.
I mean how would somebody win and how would we send TNT a cannon?
Lost Islands Elder

Th3RedGamer

Tyler7733

Basic TNT wars rules: there are two teams each with a sky island. There is a wall in the middle, that the teams must blast through with TNT cannons. Building above the wall is against the rules. To win you must kill the other team using TNT. Covering your island completely and intentionally with water is against the rules. This game has a winning team, not a single winner unless you decide to have a free for all at the end with last man standing wins. Info apart from that you can likely find on youtube from youtubers like Woofless, Noahcraftw, Jeromeasf, etc. when you search TNT wars.

Kingcozza

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 16, 2016, 12:43 PMBasic TNT wars rules: there are two teams each with a sky island. There is a wall in the middle, that the teams must blast through with TNT cannons. Building above the wall is against the rules. To win you must kill the other team using TNT. Covering your island completely and intentionally with water is against the rules. This game has a winning team, not a single winner unless you decide to have a free for all at the end with last man standing wins. Info apart from that you can likely find on youtube from youtubers like Woofless, Noahcraftw, Jeromeasf, etc. when you search TNT wars.
To add to this, I used to watch these videos that Tyler is talking about.

To put it simply, you have say 10 minutes to build and set everything up, there's different ways to make tnt cannons etc. you have to initially blow a hole in the wall, the wall can be made out of anything breakable, bricks, dirt, cobble, anything! TNT is fired across to the enemy team blowing them and their base up, the idea is to kill the opposing team. There is no respawning or anything, you get standard leather armour and a bow and a stack of arrows, and chests full of tnt, blocks and redstone etc. Last team with at least 1 person left wins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GM9c6tNJEI

Tyler7733

Kingcozza, to adjust what you said, it is suppose to be no prep time, gold armor, no bow, and unlimited resources.

MistakleinYT

Quote from: Sharking_ on Sep 16, 2016, 11:37 AM
Quote from: MistakleinYT on Sep 15, 2016, 08:43 PMMaybe Duck Hunt... there is a person with a needle gun with the anvil magazine or something else on one side, and the other there are "ducks" or people with no armor and try to get to the end and kill the sniper or hunter. Heh anyone else want this?
not sure how I feel about this but if you could try to explain it a bit better maybe I will make it.

So on 1 side there is a person with a gun/bow that kills anyone with 1 shot (wont be keeping it) and on the other side there are players running through obstacles (soul sand, bounce pads, spikes, etc.) trying to get to the other side without getting shot by the hunter or player with the gun or bow. Once a runner has reached the top or the end (the map goes up as you finish a level) the winner gets teleported to the hunter and can kill the hunter with a sword or something else.

Rose2247

Quote from: MistakleinYT on Sep 18, 2016, 12:30 PM
Quote from: Sharking_ on Sep 16, 2016, 11:37 AM

So on 1 side there is a person with a gun/bow that kills anyone with 1 shot (wont be keeping it) and on the other side there are players running through obstacles (soul sand, bounce pads, spikes, etc.) trying to get to the other side without getting shot by the hunter or player with the gun or bow. Once a runner has reached the top or the end (the map goes up as you finish a level) the winner gets teleported to the hunter and can kill the hunter with a sword or something else.
Seems a bit eccentric to me. Though I like the Idea of the duck hunt, just not killing the hunter.

Rose2247

Quote from: Sharking_ on Sep 16, 2016, 11:33 AM
Quote from: Rose2247 on Sep 12, 2016, 07:59 PMI feel like we should add a "shooting range" where the target of the game is to be the last one on the platform. The platform would be a narrow platform and the "shooter" would be an event host and would have a punch bow. Allowed armor could be anything that doesn't give you knock back resistance. Not being allowed to fly, no god mode(for those that have access to it), no sigils from blood magic that make it so the arrows fly away from you. Basically nothing that gives you an unfair advantage.
Please explain this one to me in a call when we get a chance
I can explain it to you tuesday after I get home.

alansan3

What about a maze? I had a lot of fun building a maze that drove my sister crazy  :laugh:
To make it more interesting than a plain old maze:
:chest:  There could be chests scattered around the maze in dead-ends and stuff. So you're not only looking to get out of the maze but to get the stuff hidden in the maze
:tnt:  Pvp
:book: You have to find a certain item in the maze in order to get out of the maze or get a prize or something
A lot of what the maze would be played like depends on if you want to put players against each other or have everyone get the same prize for participating. Or if it was an arbitrary maze.

Tyler7733

Seeing that the end has a vertical plane of void(that could always be gone through using a void sigil) blocking out the chaos dragon, one interesting idea for a mini-game would be basically a challenge to see who can do the most to the chaos dragon. To judge it each person uses a draconic staff of power and once you die or the dragon dies(which ever comes first) the person with the least charge remaining on their draconic staff of power wins.

Tyler7733

An interesting idea for events that should make things a bit interesting, the objective is to survive as long as you can. The main difference between this game and dark woods is for this game you don't get to use weapons(punching, utility item damage, and damage from armor enchants like thorns is fair game). Flight could be allowed if there is a low ceiling. Allowed armor: any armor outside draconic evolution. Other than these differences, it is basically dark woods. The way this game would make things a bit more interesting is it separates the people with life steal and vampirism swords from the people who actually use their utilities and spend time on their armor to survive.

AtomicPulse

bump. feel free to suggest events for the new pack!
BTeam Owner | Survival Admin | Creative JMod

Ex - Factions FMod | Prison Guard

Void

Mar 02, 2019, 01:40 PM #25 Last Edit: Mar 02, 2019, 05:04 PM by AtomicPulse
What about a smaller type of PvP event, with all the players getting the same gear, and skill being the matchmaker. I'd also love a type of hunger games, and would even help build the event arena.

This is after a bit more thinking, what about having to choose between different morphs, and using said morphs to get further into the area, having parkour, tight spaces only small morphs can hide in, underwater areas you need aquatic morphs to get through, and so on.
I like the light cause it shows me the way, but I'll endure the darkness to see the stars...

Void

I'd love a type of morph death run, where you and whoever is with you, have to choose a morph, and use it to survive as long as possible, but only get to use the morph on three or more obstacles, so you would have to pick times to use the morph.

[This is a side idea for the third one]
I like the light cause it shows me the way, but I'll endure the darkness to see the stars...

CJB3RRY

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. your suggestions may get implemented. please feel free to let any of the event staff. me, Jace, Shivaz or manager+ know

_0i

I think some sort of pvp arena could be cool, gear and weapons provided, we could be also provided with blocks for building shelter, I think it'd be pretty fun, and I'm sure you could do a lot more with mods, since I don't really know the mods too well <3

BluetigerESW

Quote from: _0i on Jun 15, 2019, 03:56 PMI think some sort of pvp arena could be cool, gear and weapons provided, we could be also provided with blocks for building shelter, I think it'd be pretty fun, and I'm sure you could do a lot more with mods, since I don't really know the mods too well <3

There was a Call of Duty style arena for people to mess around with the flans mod guns on B-Team, something like that would be cool.
I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree