Mar 28, 2024, 12:09 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Lost Islands] Mods for modpack update.

Started by blalp, Sep 01, 2016, 11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blalp

For the actual mod update, I need @saywhat2365. But in the meantime, we can consolidate which mods we want. The Managers+ had gone through ALL of the mods recommended in the history of lost islands to give you a comprehensive report, and make sure all ideas were considered. Please read and comment on things you want changed. This is the list that we are planning to add to the modpack, but things may change if there are significant problems with a mod. Please comment with reasons why and which mod that you do not like. If you want, you can ask why we chose on any mod and i will summerize. The modpack update's eta is unknown at this time beacuse saywhat is extreamly busy.
Extra Tic
N
Agricraft
N
Steve's Factory Manager
N
Magic Bees
N
Gendustry
N
Forestry
Y
Storage Drawers
N
Carpenters Blocks
N
Chisel 2
N
Mystcraft
N
Chickenchunks
N
Simply Jetpacks
Y
Backpacks
N
Tinkers Mechworks
N
Buildcraft
N
Logistical Pipes
N
Omni Ocular
N
Wawla - What Am I Looking at
Y
Blue Power
N
Armor Status HUD
Tied, please discuss
Rf Tools
Y
Draconic Evolution
Y
Galacticraft
N
Magical Crops
Y
Lucky Blocks
N
Dynamic Lights
N
Twilight Forest
N
Pandora's Box
N
Thermal Expansion
We already have this
Hqm
N
Ic2
N
Project E
N
E3
No clue what this is
Metalurgy 4
N
Fastcraft
N
Fps+
Y
Ars Magica 2
Y
Mekanism
Tied, please discuss
Icbm
N
Tinker IO
N
Sanguimany
Y
Blood Utils
N
Forbidden Magic
Y
Tainted Magic
N
Autonomy The Rise of Insanity
No clue what this is
Crafting Tweaks
Y
Multipage Chest
Y
Tropicraft
N
Witchery
Y
Immersive Engineering
N

Thank you for your time, blalp
Have a fantastic day!

Mattia_Plays

Witchery, arsmagica and draconic evolution are a definite YEA for me i think it will attract even more players cause i cant find any modpack with a server and all these awesome mods. Even though i LOVE draconic evolution it might be a little laggy so idk

Th3RedGamer

Maybe hardcore ender expansion?

ZachAttack1170

I like the mods! I love forbidden/tainted magic, and magical crops is awesome!

Rose2247

Oh my gosh!!! Magical crops!!! Get ready for my massive magical crop farm ^_^
To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

blalp

Quote from: Darklionas_ on Aug 18, 2016, 10:47 PMThis is the translated version for all of us to read.

Hi I would suggest the mod industrialcraft 2.
Here are few details:
Due to UUmatter, most items can be created, after it has be gathered which could be more fun in the end
I think the server should add this to the modpack mainly because of the machines and designs.
----
Is the mod really over powered?
The mod itself isn't really overpowered,
however the mod adds two pretty powerful armor sets into the game
and all kinds of other machines.
-------
Unfortunately the following should be added to the shop:
Iridium
(I currently don't know more.)
-------
Take note of some items that will have to be banned:
Nuke 449 (you can so the island away blow up)
4334,434 (griefing Mininglaser/PlasmaLauncher)

Those are items I know which need to be banned at all cost.
-----------------
Hope my contribution is accepted :D
Friendly greetings Darklionas
Have a fantastic day!

blalp

This list is not set in stone, we want to make sure this looks good and any modifications made that should be made.
Have a fantastic day!

ZachAttack1170

What about blood utils? I can see why it is a no as everythings mostly in creative for it, but the Blood Tome (if done not sure) could be really useful as it should explain blood magic, and there isn't really a guide to it. Also I think tainted magic would be an awesome mod to add, why's it a no?

blalp

Blood magic is a no because it doesn't add to the experience of the pack, and we do not want to add unnecessary/unuseful mods. If we disable taint spread, we can add Tainted magic. The votes were close on that mod.
Have a fantastic day!

Relevant_Chaos

I think a good mod to would be a mod called qcraft
   - Teleporters, no other word needed
   - making cool entrances( what's not cool about a disappearing walls
   - can make very cool traps (events can be more interesting)
   - I think there is a way to get the dust from Ex (don't quote me)
Modded Manager. Long time SFT Doner and Builder Of Many Things
Also a meme lord
Also Gay AF

iFlirt

Lost Islands Elder

Smileyface2288

Man these mods are so cool!!! I'm just waiting here for nice Pocket Updates :)

Rose2247

Quote from: blalp on Sep 01, 2016, 11:49 PM
Carpenters Blocks
N
Chisel 2
N
Armor Status HUD
Tied, please discuss
Twilight Forest
N

I just wann know why Carpenter's Blocks, Chisel and Twilight forest aren't being added. I feel like the carpenter's blocks and chisel would be good additions to those who love to decorate and twilight forest is a really cool mod with a cool diemention to boot(But I can kinda sortta not really understand why it's not being added). As for the armor status mod I really think it'd be a good addition, especially in some of the diementions with a lot of strong mobs, just so you know when it's time to go back to your island before your armor breaks without opening your inventory.

blalp

Quote from: Rose2247 on Sep 09, 2016, 08:26 PM
Quote from: blalp on Sep 01, 2016, 11:49 PM
Carpenters Blocks
N
Chisel 2
N
Armor Status HUD
Tied, please discuss
Twilight Forest
N

I just wann know why Carpenter's Blocks, Chisel and Twilight forest aren't being added. I feel like the carpenter's blocks and chisel would be good additions to those who love to decorate and twilight forest is a really cool mod with a cool diemention to boot(But I can kinda sortta not really understand why it's not being added). As for the armor status mod I really think it'd be a good addition, especially in some of the diementions with a lot of strong mobs, just so you know when it's time to go back to your island before your armor breaks without opening your inventory.
Carpenters Blocks. Similar enough to forge microblocks, but not really. Again, trying to limit the number of mods so we can keep it lagg free.
Chisel 2 We simply do not want to overload the modpack with decoration mods. That is it.
Armor Status HUD might get in your way, but you can install it yourself also. It is tied, so enough support on this post and it will be a Yes
Twilight Forest This is a skyblock. I love the mod, but it is not for lost.
Have a fantastic day!

MistakleinYT

Can you add mekanism as well... it adds more machines that produce power like solar panels, heat engines and a lot of other stuff.

blalp

Have a fantastic day!

MistakleinYT

Can you add loot bags as well... treasure bags are hard to find and Pech's are hard to find to me... and you can get lots of stuff from them and craft the loot bags that are common to uncommon to rare, etc

Rose2247

Quote from: MistakleinYT on Sep 10, 2016, 05:48 PMCan you add loot bags as well... treasure bags are hard to find and Pech's are hard to find to me... and you can get lots of stuff from them and craft the loot bags that are common to uncommon to rare, etc

I can attest to that seeing as I have 2 mob farms running and have not gotten any treasure bags...

MistakleinYT

Quote from: Rose2247 on Sep 10, 2016, 05:54 PM
Quote from: MistakleinYT on Sep 10, 2016, 05:48 PMCan you add loot bags as well... treasure bags are hard to find and Pech's are hard to find to me... and you can get lots of stuff from them and craft the loot bags that are common to uncommon to rare, etc

I can attest to that seeing as I have 2 mob farms running and have not gotten any treasure bags...

You need to kill "champion" mobs what ever that means... but that still seems like a lot of time.

MistakleinYT

Sep 10, 2016, 06:34 PM #19 Last Edit: Sep 11, 2016, 01:06 PM by MistakleinYT
You should add Grimoire of Gaia which adds stuff like A LOT of mobs and items like minotaurs, cobble golems, ender eye, mimic, wither cows, yetis and MUCH MORE! here is the website wiki if you wish to look at it: http://the-grimoire-of-gaia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Grimoire_of_Gaia_Wiki    :D

You should REALLY take a look at it. :)

iFlirt

@MistakleinYT We are no longer adding mods to this as the mods we want added have already been sent to the owners.
Lost Islands Elder

MistakleinYT

Quote from: Sharking_ on Sep 11, 2016, 03:33 PM@MistakleinYT We are no longer adding mods to this as the mods we want added have already been sent to the owners.

Okey Sharky

blalp

Mod update on hold for now. Sorry, but due to lack of donations, an owner's time is not justified. Sorry.
Have a fantastic day!

blalp

Apparently saywhat did it, but i reccommend waiting until glitches are fixed.
Have a fantastic day!