Have a Super Fun Time!

[Lost Islands] Mods for modpack update.

Started by blalp, Sep 01, 2016, 11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MistakleinYT

blalp

Have a fantastic day!

iFlirt

Quote from: blalp on Sep 11, 2016, 09:53 PMApparently saywhat did it, but i reccommend waiting until glitches are fixed.
Please understand that we just had a mod update so if there a lot of bugs we need help finding them and we ask that you don't go crazy about it.
Lost Islands Elder

Tyler7733

For when the modpack gets its next update, I am on mistakleinyt's side of wanting railcraft back, it was one of those mods that most people used, but you never notice because most of the things used in railcraft are not the kind of things you check the mod of. For example, one important item that was part of railcraft was the personal anchor(the item that hinders me the most from not having), it was the best option for loading chunks, now that it is gone, people are going to resort to the next option... The power hogging, server lagging chunk loader(there is still an alternative to the chunk loader, but it is cheap and does not require power to load chunks, meaning more people would load chunks with no limit which is why I am not exposing the item). Railcraft also contained some of the best building blocks in the game, now that it is gone, we are restricted almost completely to extra utilities, vanilla, and botania blocks. Railcraft also included some of the most interesting ways on the server to generating power, for example you could make a tree farm, put the wood in a coke oven, move the charcoal and creosote to boilers, then the steam gets transported to either a turbine reactor, or a line of steam dynamos that keep the tree farm, tons of machines, and your armor running with full power. (keep in mind, I am ok to wait until the next update for this, but that doesn't mean I am completely fine if it never gets added of never gets a proper replacement)
You must accept the fundamental truth of reality, Lost = Life!!

blalp

Have a fantastic day!

Rose2247

Quote from: blalp on Sep 20, 2016, 11:44 PM8/10 people voted to have it removed. https://www.superfuntime.org/forum/index.php/topic,162628.0.html.

when most people voted it seemed like they wanted the more laggy mods gone...We could easily just only allow the personal anchors to be made.

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 20, 2016, 08:39 PMFor when the modpack gets its next update, I am on mistakleinyt's side of wanting railcraft back, it was one of those mods that most people used, but you never notice because most of the things used in railcraft are not the kind of things you check the mod of. For example, one important item that was part of railcraft was the personal anchor(the item that hinders me the most from not having), it was the best option for loading chunks, now that it is gone, people are going to resort to the next option... The power hogging, server lagging chunk loader(there is still an alternative to the chunk loader, but it is cheap and does not require power to load chunks, meaning more people would load chunks with no limit which is why I am not exposing the item). Railcraft also contained some of the best building blocks in the game, now that it is gone, we are restricted almost completely to extra utilities, vanilla, and botania blocks. Railcraft also included some of the most interesting ways on the server to generating power, for example you could make a tree farm, put the wood in a coke oven, move the charcoal and creosote to boilers, then the steam gets transported to either a turbine reactor, or a line of steam dynamos that keep the tree farm, tons of machines, and your armor running with full power. (keep in mind, I am ok to wait until the next update for this, but that doesn't mean I am completely fine if it never gets added of never gets a proper replacement)
I am for this I feel like we should find a way to either make a custom mod, might take a while, but either way it'll be well earned for us and the community
To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

blalp

Have a fantastic day!