Mar 28, 2024, 08:01 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

Year 10 Science EEI

Started by StartupG, May 30, 2016, 02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StartupG

hello my peoples I have a predicament I need help on my year 10 science assignment its about the effects of acid rain marble however we will be using hydrochloric acid instead of actual acid rain as we are in a science lab any help would be apreciated thanks

blalp

What do you need help with?
Have a fantastic day!

StartupG

Anything you would be able to help with

blalp

I would put a marble tile (any small piece) in a chemical-resistant container, then get various molarities (water to HCl ratios) and pour it on different samples of marble, then measure the height of the tile when finished.

You could also test the amount rather than the concentration.

that help?
Have a fantastic day!

StartupG

yea it does thank you  :)

nuggetzor150

Instead of testing the height of the marble, weigh each piece of marble before the experiment, and weigh each piece of marble after the experiment. Then, subtract the latter value from the initial value for a comparable set of values to see at which molarity the marble deteriorates the most.

Also, I would suggest having several samples for each molarity of HCl (several pieces of marble with the same molarity of the solution, for each molarity being tested) so that you can average the values at each molarity and have a more accurate sample, one that is not subjected to probability and human error.

If you have any more questions just ask or PM me :)