Mar 28, 2024, 11:59 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Technic Ram Issue

Started by Tyler7733, Sep 17, 2016, 03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyler7733

After updating to java 1.8 in order to be able to load the modpack the modpack seemed to be taking a while to load(more than 10 minutes) so when i went back to up my ram to 3 gb from 1.5 or 2, I was given a drop down memu giving me options for how much ram to give technic, on that list was 1/2gb, 3/4gb, and 1 gb. My amount of ram put into technic when i checked had been reduced to 1gb. I know for sure that my computer has 8gb of total ram, but now i may not be able to play the modpack ever again because i am unable to put a decent amount of ram into technic. And just to give everyone an idea how much fps 1gb of ram will give me, i got 14 fps average on the previous version of the modpack with my previous settings, so that means maybe around 4-7 fps average...
You must accept the fundamental truth of reality, Lost = Life!!

Rose2247

To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

Fire_Lord_Nero

It seems you downloaded the 32bit java, 32bit java only allows you to allocate at max 1gb of ram to anything. What you need is to download the 64bit version to be able to dedicate more.

Link to download the 64bit version Here

You should download the one that says "Windows 64bit offline". It's the second last one

@Tyler7733

blalp

Have a fantastic day!