News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Sports] Rookie Carson Wentz goes 2 and 0

Started by iLaxrv10, Sep 21, 2016, 12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iLaxrv10

Carson Wentz, the Real Deal?
from usatoday.com

CHICAGO — Carson Wentz is ruining it for rookies everywhere.

He's supposed to be struggling, taking his lumps on the field and in the standings while he negotiates the NFL's steep learning curve. Or, better yet, riding the bench, biding his time behind a veteran until coaches and the front office are satisfied he's ready to take the reins for real.

Apparently no one told Wentz that.

Thrust into the starter's role a little over two weeks ago after the trade of Sam Bradford, Wentz put on another impressive performance in Monday night's 29-14 win over the Chicago Bears. Yes, his two starts have come against the NFL's JV — with apologies to JVs everywhere — and there is a lot of football still to be played.

But the Philadelphia Eagles are 2-0, one of only three NFC teams that can say that. Anyone who claims they saw this coming when the No. 2 pick in the draft moved to the head of the class is lying.

"I'm feeling really good," Wentz said. "I usually feel good even when bad plays happen. I've just got to keep plugging away. I feel confident."

What has made Wentz's debut so notable is that the Eagles are not winning in spite of him. Remember when Ben Roethlisberger took the Pittsburgh Steelers to the AFC Championship Game as a rookie? Sure, he had his moments, but it was the defense that carried that team.

That's not the case here. Again, it's early. But aside from not protecting himself better when he scrambles, Wentz is not making rookie mistakes.

He's not making mistakes, period.
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

onionboys

People are over-hyping Carson Wentz... he has vs'd 2 of the worst teams in the NFL, both without their starting QB in part of the game.

If he performs well against the Steelers this week then hes legit