Mar 28, 2024, 07:38 PM

News:

Please vote for us daily!

[Lost Islands] Mod Reccomendations.

Started by blalp, Sep 21, 2016, 11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blalp

Sep 21, 2016, 11:51 PM Last Edit: Sep 21, 2016, 11:55 PM by blalp
We are not planning to do another mod update soon because it takes a ton of time and effort fixing any bugs/glitches/items that need to be banned, ect. This post is a place where mod reccomendations can be kept in one place. That is all. Just wanted to make sure all of your voices were heard IF/when we deside to do another modpack update.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN WE ARE PLANNING ANOTHER MOD UPDATE
Have a fantastic day!

blalp

link to previous mod update post: https://www.superfuntime.org/forum/index.php/topic,161833.0.html
some suggetions from the old thread are as fallows:
Quote from: Th3RedGamer on Sep 02, 2016, 12:18 AMMaybe hardcore ender expansion?
Quote from: Darklionas_ on Aug 18, 2016, 10:47 PMThis is the translated version for all of us to read.

Hi I would suggest the mod industrialcraft 2.
Here are few details:
Due to UUmatter, most items can be created, after it has be gathered which could be more fun in the end
I think the server should add this to the modpack mainly because of the machines and designs.
----
Is the mod really over powered?
The mod itself isn't really overpowered,
however the mod adds two pretty powerful armor sets into the game
and all kinds of other machines.
-------
Unfortunately the following should be added to the shop:
Iridium
(I currently don't know more.)
-------
Take note of some items that will have to be banned:
Nuke 449 (you can so the island away blow up)
4334,434 (griefing Mininglaser/PlasmaLauncher)

Those are items I know which need to be banned at all cost.
-----------------
Hope my contribution is accepted :D
Friendly greetings Darklionas
Quote from: MLGtacs_AlphaFire on Sep 08, 2016, 10:59 PMI think a good mod to would be a mod called qcraft
   - Teleporters, no other word needed
   - making cool entrances( what's not cool about a disappearing walls
   - can make very cool traps (events can be more interesting)
   - I think there is a way to get the dust from Ex (don't quote me)
Quote from: MistakleinYT on Sep 10, 2016, 05:48 PMCan you add loot bags as well... treasure bags are hard to find and Pech's are hard to find to me... and you can get lots of stuff from them and craft the loot bags that are common to uncommon to rare, etc
Quote from: MistakleinYT on Sep 10, 2016, 06:34 PMYou should add Grimoire of Gaia which adds stuff like A LOT of mobs and items like minotaurs, cobble golems, ender eye, mimic, wither cows, yetis and MUCH MORE! here is the website wiki if you wish to look at it: http://the-grimoire-of-gaia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Grimoire_of_Gaia_Wiki    :D

You should REALLY take a look at it. :)
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 20, 2016, 08:39 PMFor when the modpack gets its next update, I am on mistakleinyt's side of wanting railcraft back, it was one of those mods that most people used, but you never notice because most of the things used in railcraft are not the kind of things you check the mod of. For example, one important item that was part of railcraft was the personal anchor(the item that hinders me the most from not having), it was the best option for loading chunks, now that it is gone, people are going to resort to the next option... The power hogging, server lagging chunk loader(there is still an alternative to the chunk loader, but it is cheap and does not require power to load chunks, meaning more people would load chunks with no limit which is why I am not exposing the item). Railcraft also contained some of the best building blocks in the game, now that it is gone, we are restricted almost completely to extra utilities, vanilla, and botania blocks. Railcraft also included some of the most interesting ways on the server to generating power, for example you could make a tree farm, put the wood in a coke oven, move the charcoal and creosote to boilers, then the steam gets transported to either a turbine reactor, or a line of steam dynamos that keep the tree farm, tons of machines, and your armor running with full power. (keep in mind, I am ok to wait until the next update for this, but that doesn't mean I am completely fine if it never gets added of never gets a proper replacement)
Have a fantastic day!

Tyler7733

One mod I think seems like a really interesting mod that could be added is Thaumic additions. I am not sure if this is an actual mod(add on), but according to the ftb wiki it is. I looked at the mod a bit and it includes a few very interesting items. These items basically add onto the end game chunk of thaumcraft. It adds adminite which is basically a tier after ichor. Each adminite ingot consumes 2 nether stars, tons of salius mundis, an extreme amount of essentia, and some other items. It also adds a wand, staff, and maybe scepter. The wand can hold 2k vis of each kind and the staff can hold 4.5k vis of each kind. If this mod does get added, if it is possible to do so, I would configure the capacity of the adminite staff and wand by half.
You must accept the fundamental truth of reality, Lost = Life!!

Tyler7733

Another useful thaumcraft add on is Thaumcraft Inventory scanning, it basically makes it so you can scan items in any inventory if you have a thaumometer hovering over the item.

Tyler7733

My newest suggestion: Tainted Magic, it is an add on for thaumcraft, it adds a few interesting wand foci and tools. If anyone is wondering, the reason I am suggesting as many magic mods as I am, it is to bring the use of magic back into /pvp, because draconic evolution has taken over  almost completely.

Th3RedGamer

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 28, 2016, 12:41 AMMy newest suggestion: Tainted Magic, it is an add on for thaumcraft, it adds a few interesting wand foci and tools. If anyone is wondering, the reason I am suggesting as many magic mods as I am, it is to bring the use of magic back into /pvp, because draconic evolution has taken over  almost completely.
You can (in pvp) to combat draconic evolution become a top tier werewolf, they utterly shred armor

blalp

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 28, 2016, 12:15 AMAnother useful thaumcraft add on is Thaumcraft Inventory scanning, it basically makes it so you can scan items in any inventory if you have a thaumometer hovering over the item.
couldnt you just drop the Items? An entire mod beacuse you are too lazy to drop it? And you don't scan very often.
Have a fantastic day!

Fractalion

I'd recommend looking at Binnie's Mods. There are four, Extra Bees, Extra Trees, Botany, and Genetics.

Extra Bees and Genetics are the two mods that (in my opinion) make the Forestry mod great. They turn Forestry into a mod that you can really focus on, whereas right now I would consider it to be a thing you can do a very select few things with. If I had to choose two mods to add, these would be the mods I would choose. Extra Bees adds a bunch of bees that have a variety of effects and a number of special products. (Copper bees produce copper, for example) Genetics makes bee breeding far more accessible, and much less time consuming. (It still takes a while, but it takes the grind out of it)

Extra Trees is nice for decoration, and the builder in me would love it, but other than that I'm rather indifferent when it comes to this one.

As for Botany, I've never used it so I don't really know what all can be done with it. I only mention it because it's related, not necessarily because I want it.

blalp

As another point for discussion, which mods would you like to remove? We do not want to make the modpack so big people cannot play at all because of lag.
Have a fantastic day!

Tyler7733

For removal: Custom npcs(if it wasn't already removed) and rf tools. Custom npcs does basically nothing for the server and if dimension creating is not allowed, that means that rf tools is less useful than railcraft ever was.

arch8ic

Adding ChickenChunks might be worthwhile since it's got chunk loaders that are supposedly "the most server-easy" and also regulatable by admins (eg. limiting total loaded chunks, only loading chunks when a player is online, etc.)
SFT Lost Islands Engineer!

R3gul8tiom

Sep 29, 2016, 03:50 AM #11 Last Edit: Sep 29, 2016, 05:43 AM by R3gul8tiom
Why not add vein miner 1.7.10 to the server, it will make mining  things faster... yet you can still vein mine your island. to fix this all you need to do is ad a unbreakable block in the island so you have something to spawn on as vein miner only breaks the block you mine so your chests will still be there, dirt ect.

(edit) if you add this mod chopping trees will be faster same for getting leaves for dirt.

Rose2247

Quote from: R3gul8tiom on Sep 29, 2016, 03:50 AMWhy not add vein miner 1.7.10 to the server, it will make mining  things faster... yet you can still vein mine your island. to fix this all you need to do is ad a unbreakable block in the island so you have something to spawn on as vein miner only breaks the block you mine so your chests will still be there, dirt ect.

(edit) if you add this mod chopping trees will be faster same for getting leaves for dirt.
I do agree with this idea and it is possible to set certain blocks to be mined with it but the time it'll take would be to much. You'd have to go through the config and set commands for pretty much everything...
To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

Tyler7733

Quote from: R3gul8tiom on Sep 29, 2016, 03:50 AMWhy not add vein miner 1.7.10 to the server, it will make mining  things faster... yet you can still vein mine your island. to fix this all you need to do is ad a unbreakable block in the island so you have something to spawn on as vein miner only breaks the block you mine so your chests will still be there, dirt ect.

If you want vein miner, a wand of equal trade can do almost the exact same thing if you set it to torches. If you want to cut down trees easier, I could start mass producing some axes of the stream. To be honest though, I for one don't want this mod because it would be more hindering than it would be useful. Each island is only 104x104x256, if you have so many blocks that it is too much to break by hand, then vein mine would be a hazard to the server with as many ground items that would be produced, and by the point of the game that you would be at, you would likely already have a draconic staff of power.

Quote from: blalp on Sep 28, 2016, 02:19 AM
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 28, 2016, 12:15 AMAnother useful thaumcraft add on is Thaumcraft Inventory scanning, it basically makes it so you can scan items in any inventory if you have a thaumometer hovering over the item.
couldnt you just drop the Items? An entire mod beacuse you are too lazy to drop it? And you don't scan very often.
Thaumcraft Inventory scanning is a small mod and people like me have over 500 different items stored up to scan, if it takes 6 additional seconds to get an item out of a me system, drop an item and pick it back up, that would be almost an hour used scanning items.

If chunk loaders from chicken chunks can be configured to become the new personal anchor, then please do that. Just a suggestion for the max chunk size to be loaded using a single chunk loader, you might want to go with a 1 chunk radius which gives you nine chunks loaded. If 9 chunks is too large, the circle configuration set to a 1 chunk radius loads 5 chunks.

Tyler7733

Here is an original mod that comes with some interesting utility items along with a way of crafting dragon eggs, letting everyone make all the dangerous highly radio-active chemicals they want. Xeno's Reliquary adds a crafting recipe for the dragon egg(8 diamond blocks), a gun with 9 kinds of magazines that it can be loaded with, a way to turn redstone into dirt, a rose that prevents the wither effect, and a bunch of other interesting items that can be useful no matter what kind of armor and weapons you have.

blalp

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 30, 2016, 12:13 AMHere is an original mod that comes with some interesting utility items along with a way of crafting dragon eggs, letting everyone make all the dangerous highly radio-active chemicals they want. Xeno's Reliquary adds a crafting recipe for the dragon egg(8 diamond blocks), a gun with 9 kinds of magazines that it can be loaded with, a way to turn redstone into dirt, a rose that prevents the wither effect, and a bunch of other interesting items that can be useful no matter what kind of armor and weapons you have.
you can use end stone to decompose the radioactive materials, you don't need the egg.
Have a fantastic day!

arch8ic

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 30, 2016, 12:13 AMHere is an original mod that comes with some interesting utility items along with a way of crafting dragon eggs, letting everyone make all the dangerous highly radio-active chemicals they want. Xeno's Reliquary adds a crafting recipe for the dragon egg(8 diamond blocks), a gun with 9 kinds of magazines that it can be loaded with, a way to turn redstone into dirt, a rose that prevents the wither effect, and a bunch of other interesting items that can be useful no matter what kind of armor and weapons you have.

I was actually going to reccomend this mod as well, it has quite a few interesting features. It's really just a mod that adds a ton of utility things to the game, doesn't add lag, and is generally a quality addition. It goes far beyond just eggs and radioactive materials.
SFT Lost Islands Engineer!

Th3RedGamer

Buildcraft, it makes automation much easier and redstone alloy wire really helps with doors and mekansims

blalp

Quote from: Th3RedGamer on Sep 30, 2016, 02:03 AMBuildcraft, it makes automation much easier and redstone alloy wire really helps with doors and mekansims
Reasons for denial in last modpack update: big mod, different power system, doesn't go with current mods. This does not mean it cannot be added this time.
Have a fantastic day!

Th3RedGamer

Quote from: blalp on Sep 30, 2016, 05:03 AM
Quote from: Th3RedGamer on Sep 30, 2016, 02:03 AMBuildcraft, it makes automation much easier and redstone alloy wire really helps with doors and mekansims
Reasons for denial in last modpack update: big mod, different power system, doesn't go with current mods. This does not mean it cannot be added this time.
Still better than rf tools

blalp

Quote from: Th3RedGamer on Oct 01, 2016, 01:29 PM
there are chest monitors, rf monitors, network analyzers, teleportation systems. There are things in rf tools that are not dimensions.
Have a fantastic day!

Th3RedGamer

Quote from: blalp on Oct 01, 2016, 07:30 PM
Quote from: Th3RedGamer on Oct 01, 2016, 01:29 PM
there are chest monitors, rf monitors, network analyzers, teleportation systems. There are things in rf tools that are not dimensions.
Well the teleporters killed me and lost several things

Feddz

I am suggesting the Elemental Tinkerer Mod because it is a very good magic mod for starting players and is still very fun. Here is a mod showcase for the mod https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJJKgjYSaVU

natsudragneel00

IS IT POSSIBLE TO SAVE MY CHARACTER

blalp

Quote from: natsudragneel00 on Oct 24, 2016, 12:24 AMIS IT POSSIBLE TO SAVE MY CHARACTER
what do you mean by that? Can you make a separate post please that describes your problem? Thanks!
Have a fantastic day!